Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voice - S2

vCash
    I'm with rfisher here. I think Adam and Xtina love "hating" each other in public, but the collaboration for "moves like Jagger" tells another story IMO
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    So it's people like you who like this stuff? Every time some contestant goes on about whatever their hardship is, it makes me more appreciative of David Cook, who never talked about his brother, even when pressed.

But to each their own, I guess.
    No, I don't really tear up at the fluff bits (in fact, I often FF them), I tear up when the singer gets a good response from the judges/coaches/audience while knowing they are finally realizing their dream (esp. if it's been a hard dream for them to realize). It's like watching a skater give a great performance while knowing how hard they work for it. Dia Frampton made me cry a few times last year and she didn't have any hardship. She was just realizing her dream and she is so invested in her music, that you feel what's she's feeling; a feel-good moment when they do well and the audiece/coaches appreciate it. Besides, music is emotional for me anyway. I get goosebumps at the crescendo in the aria from Madame Butterfly, for Heaven's sake! LOL.
    Last edited by John 3 17; 02-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    This show hasn't lost a step, and in fact seems to have elevated the fun quotient.

The Xtina - Adam banter is all kinds of awesomeness. Christina, actually, owned this episode ... snarky with her fellow mentors, sweet and well-thought words to the singers whether "in" or "out", and she got two title contenders right off the bat.

Er, I'm not getting the Mouseketeer. Maybe he sounds much better live?

Loved Opera Dude! So powerful, and he seems so sweet.

Rocker chick was good, but I'm gonna have to see/hear her again to know whether she'll me like so many rocker chicks before her have.

I liked the sob stories, because they got me invested quickly, and if it's like last season The Voice will not draw the personal stuff to pander their pets (coughGokeycough) for months and months like Idol does.

The previews! Whee ...

There's a Bo Bice type ... hope he's as frigging as Bice himself!

Adam's edibleness during the performance clip just explodes from the screen. Good god that man is sexy.

Ce-Lo stroking his cat. So Dr. Evilish, but so Ce-Lo as well. And his sparkly, spikey, red jumpsuit for the mentor's Prince medley is Liberace regenerated.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Ce-Lo stroking his cat. So Dr. Evilish, but so Ce-Lo as well.
    Cee-Lo stroking his white pussy. Very subtle
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    There were several outstanding contestants last night.
    I liked Jesse Campbell and the "Opera Dude", in particular.

Choosing the right mentor is crucial here.
    Part of what I love about this show is watching to see whether they chose wisely.
    I love the "vibe"/competition/admiration between them.

The backstories allow me to get to know the "Voices" and appreciate how they have developed/grown as the season progresses.

vCash
    I think I'm the only one who didn't like Opera Guy. I found him smarmy. Wasn't a fan of nose ring growling rocker either. Jesse had a good voice. Country girl - I'm meh on her at the moment. We'll see what Blake can do with her.

So excited for this season. I came in way too late last year and missed all the fun.

Someone spill the Jordis rumor? I have her "Man Who Sold the World" on my iPod - woman was brilliant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I didn't watch this show last season and saw it for the first time last night. OMG--it was fab!! I can't wait until the 2 hr episode tonight.

I don't think I have a favorite, but the opera singer was most impressive. I didn't get the country girl who performed first, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear her sing something else.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Someone spill the Jordis rumor? I have her "Man Who Sold the World" on my iPod - woman was brilliant.
    She posted on her Facebook page that she would be on, though it was indicated that she would be on the show last night. So I'm wondering if she got cut. Meh.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If so, then nobody turned around for her because all the singers who are picked by the mentors will be shown. Maybe her spot is tonight.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    If so, then nobody turned around for her because all the singers who are picked by the mentors will be shown. Maybe her spot is tonight.
    I thought last year that it took four to six episodes of auditions before each judge had their group?

They're all the same colour in the dark.

P.S. According to wikipedia, Dia Frampton's CD, "Red" was released on December 6th and sold 10,000 copies in the first week. Dia now only needs to sell 2,737,001 more copies to better Kelly Clarkson's first album.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    It was such fun getting to watch the show and post in real time with the Other Coasters last night. Sad to be banished back to 3 hours behind tonight
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    P.S. According to wikipedia, Dia Frampton's CD, "Red" was released on December 6th and sold 10,000 copies in the first week. Dia now only needs to sell 2,737,001 more copies to better Kelly Clarkson's first album.

Smart ass Petey. Besides, Dia as runner-up must only match* Justin Guarini's sales.

The Voice winner guy whose name I've already forgotten is the one who has to match up against Kelly.

*And, seriously, she - at least - probably has pipped the mop top if her singles downloads are counted.

It was such fun getting to watch the show and post in real time with the Other Coasters last night. Sad to be banished back to 3 hours behind tonight
    We should start our own thread! No rude easterners allowed.

vCash
    I'm in!

vCash
    The Voice winner guy whose name I've already forgotten is the one who has to match up against Kelly.
    Javier Colon! I had to look it up last night

YEAH!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I thought last year that it took four to six episodes of auditions before each judge had their group?

They're all the same colour in the dark.

You are just an AI snob. Go on and enjoy Grampa Steven, JLO and Dawg. I'd rather drool over Adam and at Xtina's wit. I don't care which show's winner makes album sales. I enjoy them while they're on and don't give a thought to them later.

Jordis' facebook page seemed to hint that she was supposed to be on Sunday's show, bur who knows how they divided up the auditions for viewing.

vCash
    or it's like last season, and the Rockstar alum didn't make anyone's team AND didn't make the edit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    Xtina has got to stop being nasty to Adam, tho. It was rude and after she interrupted him for the umpteenth time, she had the NERVE to say that Adam likes being the center of attention.
    -Bridget
    See, I thought that was THE BEST PART. I could do without the voices getting in the way of the judging banter.

I don't think it's nasty so much as...hey, we're both We're both single. It's the adult version of the third grader who whacks the girl he likes on the head. It's that kind of flirty-flirty that's not really serious. Just kind of fun for everyone involved.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'll be thinking about how Beefy and Gen are having to wait to watch. Prince medly up first. Cee-lo in red sparkles. Xtina in back leather. She has lost weight and looks hot.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I enjoyed that opening.. obviously no lip synch going on there.. but loved it..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I didn't watch last night's show, so I'm catching up on that now and then will start on tonight's episode. Loving it already - and let me repeat how much I appreciate that there are no deliberately bad acts in the auditions.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast