Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1035

Thread: The Voice - S2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    justine bieber tweeted to his minions to vote for whatshisname who won
    Oh yeah. I had forgotten.

Seriously, it's like he's trying to sabotage his entire team.

vCash
    Team CeeLo's Jamar Roberts with "Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz.

vCash
    Who'd have thunk that Cee Lo would actually keep someone talented?! Juliette is my new favorite.

Jamar needs to do something about that hair. Even Purrfect was turning her head away.

vCash
    Jamar and Juliette to me are the two standouts in the last two weeks, no one else has even come close to their performance level, the talent... I think Cee-Lo should be fairly confident. Those two are crazy good.
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    CeeLo FTW tonight. Jamar and Juliette for the final two of his team. LOVED the stilts!

This makes sense of all CeeLo's other choices--they are just extraneous to these two anyway.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Blake, get over it.

vCash
    Well, Erin could be a stilt walker next week. Those two women up there with fake guitars are her future competitors...

vCash
    Juliette, Jamar and Cee-Lo's suit FTW!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Blake, get over it.
    From Blake's comments, country concerts must be the most boring things on the planet. If I wanted to just sit there and listen to someone sing, I'd turn on my ipod. If I spend $$ for a concert, I want to see a show.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Katrina Parker's take of Smashing Pumpkins really bit. Billy Corgan joins Freddie Mercury in the club of singers whose songs should be left alone.

vCash
    The ones I thought were good or pretty good - Katrina, Kim, Juliette, Tony V, Jamar.

So-so - James, Pip

Awful - Chessa, Tony Lucca, Mathai, Karla, Erin.

My predictions

Voted thru -
    Ceelo: Juliette, Jamar, James
    Adam: Katrina, Kim, Pip

Judges' picks - both Tonys

Going home - Chessa, Erin, Karla, Mathai

I really liked Tony Vinca better the other 2 times I saw him but that was not the right song for him & his problem is that Ceelo's team is really strong. So I think he will need Ceelo to save him. Of course, Ceelo could save Chessa for reasons other than her voice. If Ceelo saves Erin "Walk Like an Egyptian" Martin I will lose all faith in him.

Tony Lucca should be going home but lucky for him Karla & Mathai screwed up worse than him. And lucky for Pip that Adam's team is so weak because he should be going home but I think he'll get the votes on the strength of his previous performances.

moving right along
    vCash
    Erin was a model with those legs??? Yay Xtina for not buying that performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Erin was a model with those legs??? Yay Xtina for not buying that performance.
    She was wearing some sort of unflattering nude jeggings. UGH!
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Team CeeLo

I still think he has the strongest top tier. Juliet, Jamar, and Tony would be my choices to go through. Erin can go home with either Cheesa or James. But, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the tweens vote through James and Erin either gets the votes or CeeLo's save.

Juliet -- That was one song choice that worked. One of the best of the night. (Pssst. CeeLo, her name is Juliet, not Julie).

Tony Vincent - I liked it. Does Blake have ADD? How could he not concentrate on this? I don't think a performance has to have all the dancers, but I have no problem with them as long as the person can sing and it's appropriate to the song.

Jamar -- l like him better when he's singing that when he's talking. When he talks I understand how he could be friends with Gokey. I don't like the preaching. But the guy can sing. The guitar players on stilts were so CeeLo!

Cheesa -- Weird song choice. It came across as very karaoke to me.

James -- "Don't Know Why?" Why CeeLo? Why? This is not the kind of artist James is going to be or wants to be or should be and the song just showed off his pitch problems. He did not sound good. But, the tweens will vote for him. Is the headband a new look for boys?

Erin -- Walk away Egyptian Warrior Princess. Just keep walking. She doesn't even play an Egyptian well. And she sounded bad. Christina and CeeLo both pulled their punches.

Team Adam

Meh. I guess my top three would be Katrina and Mathai and Pip? Karla needs to go home and can pretty much take almost anyone else with her.

I think it is so odd that Pip and Blake both refer to Adam as a rock star. Is Maroon 5 what passes for rock these days?

Katrina - I didn't think she sounded like Adele. Though maybe I would have thought differently if I had been able to hear her more over the band. I don't know why Adam chose that song.

Mathai - I agree with Adam that she doesn't pay enough attention to the lyrics, but I thought she was better tonight. For the first time, she reminded me a little of Corinne Bailey Rae.

Pip-- Please lose the bowtie. The song choice probably was not right for him. He can sing. He's just not my thing. It cracks me up that Xtina was harder on him than she was with Karla.

Tony Lucca -- What is up with Adam's song choices? This made no sense. It didn't suit his voice or style. Christina was harsh. Tony is no more one-dimensional than Lindsay is.

Kim -- Don't do Adele. Just don't.

Karla -- "Airplanes?" Huh? Why not give her something that suits her style and voice? That was not good. I doubt Christina really thought it was good, either. I think she wants the weaker singers from other teams to go through.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I missed the first 75 minutes, but overall the music is STILL too loud for most of the singers.

I was so grateful to Pip - he's never going to be a big rock singer, but he was the first one I saw whose voice was clear and audible over the music, so YAY. And then Jamar came and blew the roof off

Poor Karla looked devastated when her own coach basically said she sucked. which she did and Good grief, Erin was just lame. Without her amazing hair, she's nothing. And Tony Vincent needed to be a LOT more Voldy - sounded like he was doing a muzak version. I guess having a baby really does change everything

Wish I'd seen Juliet, sounds like she was the highlight of the night!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152