Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Cinquanta attempts to pull a fast one on ISU members

The proposal contained within Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the Provisory Version of the Summary of Proposals For The 54th ISU Ordinary Congress and supported by the Russian Skating Federation, is nothing more than a "trick" invented by Ottavio Cinquanta to remain in his seat until 2016.

Read this Article and my comments on it here.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Reading that ISU document makes me that the official language of the ISU is English. Surely they could divert some money from the maintenance funds for $peedy's lavish villa into hiring someone who could edit their documents so that they are readable.

That being said, however - is it true that $peedy loses his seat on the IOC executive board if he is no longer president of the ISU? My impression was that the elected members stood for their candidacy as representatives from member federations, and that if elected they served out their IOC terms even if their job ended at their federation.

However, if $peedy would indeed lose his IOC job if he lost his ISU job, this makes me think that he has not done a very good job of politicking or making friends in the IOC. Because if he had I am sure there would be some other cushy IOC position waiting for him, and he wouldn't be worried about leaving the IOC board.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    How long has he been in power, anyway?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that in any organization, public, private, or nonprofit, having someone be at the top for so long (10-15 years now?) creates a fertile breeding ground for corruption and insider dealing, not to mention poor succession planning, poor development of new/fresh talent and expertise that could take the organization forward, and increased resistance to/ignorance of new ideas and changing market trends and conditions.

vCash
    Not to be an ageist but they are both too old to be in that position.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Go Blue for ISU!

i can make some glittery campaign posters
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Does anyone have a link to this proposal? I can't find it on ISU's website.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this proposal? I can't find it on ISU's website.
    I assume you're asking about this document:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4168531..._Proposals.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pp55 View Post
    I assume you're asking about this document:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4168531..._Proposals.pdf
    That is the correct document and the only place it can be downloaded until it is published on the ISU website. This is the Provisory Version of the ISU Summary of Proposals for the 54th Ordinary ISU Congress.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Pulling a fast one? That's why they call him "$PEEDY"!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Cinquanta has been the ISU President since 1994. And although we never really want to hear it again: "Time to Say Goodbye."
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Cinquanta is a lot like Putin. He doesn't know when to just go away.

vCash
    [sarc on] I'm truly shocked that $peedy would try such a thing. [sarc off]

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    However, if $peedy would indeed lose his IOC job if he lost his ISU job, this makes me think that he has not done a very good job of politicking or making friends in the IOC. Because if he had I am sure there would be some other cushy IOC position waiting for him, and he wouldn't be worried about leaving the IOC board.
    It could be that there may be involved with respect to Olympic city selection and Speedy will simply continue to profit personally if he remains on the voting panel for the Olympics.

Corruption and insider dealings with respect to host city selection are not alien to the Olympic movement (Salt Lake, anyone?) and are endemic in certain sports (hosting the World Cup in hot-as-hell Qatar with little existing event infrastructure?!? gimme a break).

The fact that Speedy has been in power at the ISU since, like, forever also foments a dangerous lack of accountability and transparency at the ISU, and should at least invite stringent third-party audits of ISU finances, contract procedures, potential conflicts of interest, and potential insider dealings - all of which should be posted publicly on its web site.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The type on your blog is so small, I couldn't find the entry you are complaining about. Why not just copy it here so everyone understands the issue?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    The type on your blog is so small, I couldn't find the entry you are complaining about. Why not just copy it here so everyone understands the issue?
    How about you scroll back up to post #8 in this thread and click on the link that is provided there MacMadame!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Cinquanta has been the ISU President since 1994. And although we never really want to hear it again: "Time to Say Goodbye."
    I'll listen to "Time to Say Goodbye" all year long if $peedy would just LEAVE!

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I wish I could say I was upset, but I just don't see any potential change agents within the ISU. The likely successors to Speedy are all just as corrupt, maybe moreso.

The time to kick out Cinquanta was 10 years ago. People tried. They're all banned now, and the people who have positions of power are sycophants who have been happy to go along with Cinquanta to advance their own personal and federation agendas.

It hardly matters who runs the ISU. I hope Cinquanta stays in power until someone can take down him and his lackeys with bullets and gunsmoke.

vCash
    If this goes on much longer fans may have to resort to giving Speedy the Gary Bettman treatment and boo every time he appears in public. Which is arguably disrespectful to the skaters, but on the other hand, the hockey plays don't seem to mind...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Not to be an ageist but they are both too old to be in that position.
    How old is piseev? Didier?
    If the implication here is that he's trying to freeze out dore, whom is it that he's saving the spot for that can't outrun dore?

vCash
    Dore, Piseev, Cinquanta- they all have issues IMHO. Not surprised Cinquanta is attempting this though.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast