Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Loved the Soul Train line!

vCash
    What influence he had, not just in the African--American community; but, in making White audiences aware and comfortable with those artists - and their music.

Thank you!
    RIP

vCash
    Reminded of Margaret Cho joke. As a kid, you would get up on Saturday morning to watch cartoons. You knew it was all over when Soul Train came on! LOL. I remember that, but also remember starting to watch Soul Train more and more then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    So True!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Which commercial had that song with the line: "Wantu wazuri, beautiful people" Anyone remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Afro Sheen?
    It was Afro Sheen.

vCash
    Soul Train was an important part of my teen years; a chance to finally see what the artists I listened to looked like. I especially enjoyed the brief interviews Don Cornelius did with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I remember those big-assed Afros and the girls with their Afro puffs . And the Soul Train line - all of those steps were wack!!!

And the commercials during the show would be nothing BUT hair care products - Afro Sheen, Ultra Sheen, Posner - all the hair care and cosmetic companies that catered to the African-American market had at least one commercial shown during Soul Train! No Saturday was complete without watching it; we'd get up, eat breakfast, clean our rooms, watch Soul Train, then go outside and play - and practice some of the dance moves we learned on the show .
    OMG this reminds me of that Eddie Murphey movie Coming to American where the main girl's boyfriend was from a family that made hair care products & they would leave a grease spot everywhere they went. So funny.

I loved Soul Train...they had the coolest music. And the intro - Sooouuulllllllll Train!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12