Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Soul Train's Don Cornelius has Died

Apparent suicide in his LA home. So very sad. Even though I grew up on Bandstand, I watch Soul Train every once in a while. RIP

Don Cornelius Died

vCash
    That is so sad. I had always enjoyed Soul Train more than American Bandstand. I've would have liked to see the project he was working on.

Peace, Love, and Soul.

RIP Don Cornelius

vCash
    Peace, Love, and Soul.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    It's hard to quantify his massive influence. Very sad. Just proves that everyone has their own demons.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Quadless
    vCash
    The Sooooooooooooul Train.

How sad that he killed himself. Way back in the days of vinyl long before MTV or even cable TV, Soul Train was one of the few TV shows featuring popular music, and I used to look forward to watching it every Saturday.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    "In parting, we wish you love, peace and soooooouuuuullllllll."

Right back at you...RIP
    Last edited by Cachoo; 02-01-2012 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    May he rest in peace. I loved Soul Train while growing up.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    So sad RIP Don Cornelius
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I loved the Soul Train Scramble board (and the fact it was fixed ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdqSx...eature=related

I loved spending an early Saturday morning cleaning and dancing and watching it, and I loved his voice, of course.)

RIP Don Cornelius

vCash
    Poor Don.

vCash
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Yet another pop icon from my teen years gone. I just heard on Inside Edition that he had been in failing health for some time. I guess his health problems became too much for him. May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by Civic; 02-02-2012 at 03:03 AM.

vCash
    So sorry to hear this. He really did change the world, when you consider how significant pop culture is today.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I heard this earlier today and I was saddened to hear it.

As a child of the 70s, Soul Train played a huge part of my childhood and shaped my musical tastes. How people danced on Soul Train; Is what I saw at family functions, bbq, weddings, at home with my mom. The music they played on Soul Train for the most part was what I heard on the radio, on the record player and 8 track at home.

I witnessed seeing the Jackson 5, Prince, Morris Day and Time, New Edition, The Jets. The first time I say David Bowie was singing Fame(from the legendary Album Young Americans) on Soul Train. I became a huge Bowie fan after that, I had to be like 6 or 7 years old. David Bowie is like one of if not the first non black artist to appear on Soul Train. Soul Train was of the first dance/music shows that showcased Disco acts. I saw Gloria Gaynor, Chic, Sylvester

Here are blasts from my childhood.

The Jets - Crush on You

David Bowie-Fame on Soul Train.

Soul Train Line
    Last edited by topaz; 02-02-2012 at 05:03 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    RIP.

vCash
    For a while in the 70's Don was about the coolest man on the planet...OK, him and Miles Davis. It's just sad that his post-Soul Train life didn't go very well. RIP

vCash
    I remember those big-assed Afros and the girls with their Afro puffs . And the Soul Train line - all of those steps were wack!!!

And the commercials during the show would be nothing BUT hair care products - Afro Sheen, Ultra Sheen, Posner - all the hair care and cosmetic companies that catered to the African-American market had at least one commercial shown during Soul Train! No Saturday was complete without watching it; we'd get up, eat breakfast, clean our rooms, watch Soul Train, then go outside and play - and practice some of the dance moves we learned on the show .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I remember those big-assed Afros and the girls with their Afro puffs . And the Soul Train line - all of those steps were wack!!!

And the commercials during the show would be nothing BUT hair care products - Afro Sheen, Ultra Sheen, Posner - all the hair care and cosmetic companies that catered to the African-American market had at least one commercial shown during Soul Train! No Saturday was complete without watching it; we'd get up, eat breakfast, clean our rooms, watch Soul Train, then go outside and play - and practice some of the dance moves we learned on the show .
    So True!!!!!
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

Which commercial had that song with the line: "Wantu wazuri, beautiful people" Anyone remember?

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Which commercial had that song with the line: "Wantu wazuri, beautiful people" Anyone remember?
    Afro Sheen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast