Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the Tiki Room
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    48

    Stars on Ice & Mitt Romney

    Mitt Romney will speak at the Salt Lake City Stars on Ice show.

    From SOI Site: http://www.starsonice.com/?content=tour_news&id=4522

    From NPR: http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...alt-lake-games

    Seems to me that Stars on Ice would be better off avoiding politics. This move is bound to alienate a portion of their potential audience.
    Last edited by waddlercu; 01-31-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: ETA NPR Article

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,744
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hopefully, he will confine his remarks to the SLC Games. But since he is in the middle of a presidential campaign, it seems another SLC official would have been a better choice.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,991
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlercu View Post
    Mitt Romney will speak at the Salt Lake City Stars on Ice show.

    http://www.starsonice.com/?content=tour_news&id=4522

    Seems to me that Stars on Ice would be better off avoiding politics. This move is bound to alienate a portion of their potential audience.
    The stars on Ice performance is in honor of the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Olympic Games. Mr. Romney was the head of the SLOC. It is appropriate that he be at the 10th anniversary celebration.

  4. #4
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30259
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    The stars on Ice performance is in honor of the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Olympic Games. Mr. Romney was the head of the SLOC. It is appropriate that he be at the 10th anniversary celebration.
    I agree.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,198
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    27587
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Hopefully, he will confine his remarks to the SLC Games. But since he is in the middle of a presidential campaign, it seems another SLC official would have been a better choice.
    Maybe one of the officials that was involved with bribery
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,924
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    28735
    Must we remember those Games, anyway?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •