Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash

Davis/White #12 - The journey continues in the Year of the Bat

Been a long time since I started one of these threads.

I heard Marina Klimova was in the stands watching the competition. I wonder if she had a chance to talk to D/W or Igor. I'd love to know her take on them.

Also, some of the questions in that backstage interview could not be phrased any more awkwardly: "Your chemistry on ice...how far does it go?" Handled very well and I do love that Meryl still has bindis lying around to give to Johnny Weir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Been a long time since I started one of these threads.

I heard Marina Klimova was in the stands watching the competition. I wonder if she had a chance to talk to D/W or Igor. I'd love to know her take on them.

Also, some of the questions in that backstage interview could not be phrased any more awkwardly: "Your chemistry on ice...how far does it go?" Handled very well and I do love that Meryl still has bindis lying around to give to Johnny Weir.
    Yeah that question was I wish we didn't have to wait a week to see the exhibitions. Meryl and Charlie will get their Reader's Choice Award! I'm sure IN is not streaming, and there's probably not a stream to found online. We'll just have to wait.

Great thread title!! Thanks for starting the thread. I would have, but I couldn't think of anything for a title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Yeah that question was I wish we didn't have to wait a week to see the exhibitions. Meryl and Charlie will get their Reader's Choice Award! I'm sure IN is not streaming, and there's probably not a stream to found online. We'll just have to wait.

Great thread title!! Thanks for starting the thread. I would have, but I couldn't think of anything for a title.
    Yeah, I'm going to search around for a stream but I think I've never found one for US Nationals exhibitions in the past. And then last year, I was there.

It's mollymgr's title, so I used hers since I'm crap at thinking of titles.

vCash
    Thanks for the new thread, literaryfreak! I like the title, mollymgr.

So happy once again for Meryl and Charlie and they are on track to peak at Worlds. I'm excited for our World team this year, thrilled that Jeremy won, very happy for Ashley, too. As for the pairs let me just say congrats to MaryBeth and Rockne for making the world team. They have such incredible talent as a pair already and I will be hoping that the next two years for them will be successful. So hoping to see them in Sochi (as our national champs!). It's nice to have another team to uber!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Thanks literaryfreak for starting the thread

I'm hoping they will upload the ice desk interview later since I missed it. I've noticed that most Q&A sessions with Peter C. usually tend go awkward at some point, but it is fun to watch nonetheless.
    I loved the new ending for the SD but it had me nervous. I'm not sure if I felt that way because there are so many complex moves to the final pose or because I was watching it for the first time.

vCash
    We have a new thread, yay!

Ok, I never got to comment on the changes they've done to their SD in the previous thread. First of all, I really miss the first orange dress. It was the best of all. Its shape was perfect for Meryl and the colour made the dance look more fun and cheerful. Also, I have the impression everyone is wearing gold or black this season. What happened to all the colorful dresses girls wore in the 2005/06 season (last time when the OD was latin)?

As for the ending, I'm glad the weird pose is gone, but I really loved the thing Meryl was doing right before it, so I kinda hoped they would keep it. Other than that, the new end pose is so much better than the previous ones.

And their FD was a stunner. I kinda regret it's not their Olympic FD, cause this dance could beat anything Tessa and Scott ever come up with. ANYTHING.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post

I loved the new ending for the SD but it had me nervous. I'm not sure if I felt that way because there are so many complex moves to the final pose or because I was watching it for the first time.
    It made me nervous too. I am so familiar with their SD (from many, many viewings on youtube) that when the music didn't continue I thought there was a malfunction! But now that I know what is happening I like the move just not thrilled with the music edits they made to do it.

All in all, I loved their performances at Nationals. The World title has given them a confidence that just shines thru every skate.

vCash
    Thanks for the new thread!

I love the new SD ending but don't like the music edits for it.

I love that the ending was kept to be a complete surprise too!

vCash
    I agree that the SD ending is better but also agree that the music cut is a little strange. Maybe they can tinker with it some more for 4CC and Worlds.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I agree that the SD ending is better but also agree that the music cut is a little strange. Maybe they can tinker with it some more for 4CC and Worlds.
    I thought so too but I do prefer the new ending pose. and as I said in the previous thread, I am in love with this dress and think it looks amazing on her. I also really like her makeup.

The twizzles in the FD made me really nervous. Let's hope Charlie got that out of his system. but this dance continues to grow and that was my favourite performance of it so far, even with the struggle on the twizzle.

I am hoping that someone who attended will upload their exhibition. They made us wait a week for the Canadians gala too, and I kept hoping a tech-savvy V&M fan would post something. This is something I really liked about CBC Bold coverage--you could find it online the same weekend even though the main network would not broadcast it until the following weekend. I'll keep checking and post a link if I find anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    And their FD was a stunner. I kinda regret it's not their Olympic FD, cause this dance could beat anything Tessa and Scott ever come up with. ANYTHING.
    I know these teams have some creative input, but doesn't Marina come up with the programs? I expect both teams to have more programs in their future. When you are that talented, the sky's the limit

vCash
    yes, but still a lot depends on the teams, their ideas and personality. Anyways, what I wanted to say was more that I believe this FD could be a worthy winner even over Tessa and Scott skating something at their best, like Mahler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    yes, but still a lot depends on the teams, their ideas and personality. Anyways, what I wanted to say was more that I believe this FD could be a worthy winner even over Tessa and Scott skating something at their best, like Mahler.
    yes, that's true, it does depend on the teams and their own ideas. but Tessa and Scott had input in Funny Face and I think that is a masterpiece. I hope that both teams continue on to Sochi as I am confident they will continue to push each other and give us more programs to love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    me too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    yes, that's true, it does depend on the teams and their own ideas. but Tessa and Scott had input in Funny Face and I think that is a masterpiece. I hope that both teams continue on to Sochi as I am confident they will continue to push each other and give us more programs to love
    I've loved plenty of Tessa and Scott's programs (their Valse Triste is still my favorite program to that music) but I couldn't agree with you less on Funny Face. I think that program was sort of a mistake, actually.

vCash
    The bat is so good, I wonder what they can do to best it? I agree it could be justifiably resurrected at the Olympic games. People would love it. At the same time, I think they (and their coaches) would challenge themselves to equal (if not top) it. Here's to sport! Here's to Charlie and Meryl for bring excellence and perfection to skating, Michelle-Kwan style and then some!

vCash
    There's no way Meryl and Charlie would bring back a program for the Olympics. You just can't do that in Ice Dance. It would be a terrible idea.

Okay, now someone is going to have to explain the thread title to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Okay, now someone is going to have to explain the thread title to me.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=997
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    just to clarify further, fledermaus is the German word for bat

vCash
    I think Die Fledermaus is the perfect FD for the current landscape in ice dance, so I am glad they used it now and didn't save it for the Olympics. While Marina does call it a masterpiece, I do think D/W's best work is still to come. I am curious if they need to do another "dancey" FD next year. I don't think I've seen anyone truly penalized for being more theatrical than dance-based (for example, I would say P/B's Egyptian FD is more on the theatrical side), but we will find out come Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

I am hoping that someone who attended will upload their exhibition. They made us wait a week for the Canadians gala too, and I kept hoping a tech-savvy V&M fan would post something. This is something I really liked about CBC Bold coverage--you could find it online the same weekend even though the main network would not broadcast it until the following weekend. I'll keep checking and post a link if I find anything.
    I heard that Meryl wore the black dress (my favorite of the two) for their Adele exhibition , so perhaps that little sliver of info will tide us over until video appears. I haven't seen any pictures of the exhibition either, which I find odd.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast