Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SAG Awards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    She was brilliant in many other movies too, but the Oscar always went to someone else.

Examples: The French Lt's woman, Out of Africa, Silkwood, Doubt, and I am forgetting the one word title of a movie about 4-5 years ago where she got the supporting actress nom. She was brilliant in both 'Devil' and 'Julia'. She should have won 4 Oscars by now.
    I agree. But, I think the Academy thinks of her as a serious actress. I don't think they will reward her for comedy.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    ... I don't think they will reward her for comedy.
    That rule applies almost universally across the board. Comedies are rarely given the credit they deserve. Which is a shame, since it's often much harder to pull off a really good comedy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... the Oscars need a separate category for Comedy/Musical like the Golden Globes have. Expanding the single "Best Picture" category to up to 10 nominees is just pointless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    That rule applies almost universally across the board. Comedies are rarely given the credit they deserve. Which is a shame, since it's often much harder to pull off a really good comedy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... the Oscars need a separate category for Comedy/Musical like the Golden Globes have. Expanding the single "Best Picture" category to up to 10 nominees is just pointless.
    Totally agree.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I agree. But, I think the Academy thinks of her as a serious actress. I don't think they will reward her for comedy.
    And yet I think both those roles - Miranda and Julia - had serious sides that she played sooo well, making each character far more textured and complex than most actresses could have achieved. Miranda's crumbling marriage and strained relationship with her children and her power struggles in her career; and Julia's quest to find herself and her heartbreak over not having children, as well as the quality of her relationship with her husband.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Adaptation? She was fantastic there and IMO should've won. And she should've won for Julie and Julia. I can't believe Sandra Bullock won.
    That's the one - Adaptation. It came back to me later, and she should have won the supporting actress award for that.

Sandra's win over Meryl (Julia) was a travesty.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234