Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

so what does your local groundhog say?

Nova Scotia’s Shubenacadie Sam and Ontario’s Wiarton Willie both failed to see their shadows this morning. Punxsutawney Phil however did see his.

No local groundhog prognotication here in Vancouver -- this corner of the province is not their habitat. But that didn't stop the local CBC radio station blasting me with "I Got You Babe" when my alarm went off this morning. And it reminded me that I haven't watched the movie for several years. I've got nothing else on tonight, perhaps I dig out the DVD.

vCash
    regardless of whether he saw his shadow or not...it's in the high 50's down here. And since it's been like that or even into the 60's most all January, I'm gonna guess that Mother Nature has given us spring a little early this year. (Hope I didn't jinx it!)

vCash
    We are still waiting for winter to arrive. It was 23 degrees this morning when I went out to my car (toasty for February), and we expect 40 this afternoon.

We've had a few small snowfalls, but I don't think we've been below 0 yet.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    The sharks here say early spring - the manatees say more winter. Toss up.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    According to Woody the Woodchuck, Phil was wrong - and apparently Woody has been right way more than Phil. Early spring - go Woody!

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...sey=nav%7Chead

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have early snowdrops and crocus up in my yard, plus daffodils starting.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Potomac Phil predicted "more" winter (we haven't had any yet, how can we have more!) and nine more months of gridlock in Congress. This was his first groundhog's day making predictions, although he didn't see anything, cause he's stuffed.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Potomac Phil predicted "more" winter (we haven't had any yet, how can we have more!) and nine more months of gridlock in Congress. This was his first groundhog's day making predictions, although he didn't see anything, cause he's stuffed.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Beautiful sunny day here in Arkansas. January has been like another October. Daffodils blooming, trees budding. Bad winter--for us--last year, followed by killer tornado spring, then a miserable summer. Maybe this is our reward for enduring. Can't say I don't love what we're getting now, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I really don't want to start mowing my yard any sooner that I absolutely have to.

vCash
    Old timers say we had spoons in the persimmon seeds, which is supposed to mean a bad winter, but it hasn't happened so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    No local groundhog prognotication here in Vancouver -- this corner of the province is not their habitat.
    But we have Speedy the Guinea Pig, who ran back into his tube without seeing his shadow. Six more weeks of rain!!!

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...r-early-spring
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Total fog this morning -- visibility was near nil. Local ground hogs couldn't have seen the ground, much less their shadows. But, except for a frigid week in early January, the weather has been freakishly warm this winter (upper 50's this week and 60 in January). I should be happy we don't have the blizzard we had a year ago, but .... I fear for all my spring bulbs -- they are already at the state they usually are around mid-March and I know that we are due for some more seasonal winter weather. And signs of my spring allergies (tree and grass) have begun to surface, too.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    But we have Speedy the Guinea Pig, who ran back into his tube without seeing his shadow. Six more weeks of rain!!!
    I'm sorry, you want me to accept the weather forecasting abilities of a Guinea Pig?!? That's completely ridiculous!

vCash
    Staten Island Chuck said no more winter.

vCash
    Well here in StL the groundhog saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter.....even though I have been waiting for winter to come for 2 months now. It has been a mild one this year...maybe a reprieve like Grannyfan said since we too have had horrific tornadoes. Hopefully the groundhogs get it right since the weathermen never could! By the way, its been in the sixties for a week....probably how I caught this cold.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Jimmy (in Wisconsin) did not see his shadow. His success rate is 80%
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Staten Island Chuck said no more winter.
    He's gotta be right. Staten Island Chuck ain't no chump.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    Beautiful sunny day here in Arkansas. January has been like another October. Daffodils blooming, trees budding. Bad winter--for us--last year, followed by killer tornado spring, then a miserable summer. Maybe this is our reward for enduring. Can't say I don't love what we're getting now, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I really don't want to start mowing my yard any sooner that I absolutely have to.
    Same here in Mississippi. It was around 70 degrees for the high today. We don't get much snow anyway, but we've had only one dusting all "winter". Just hope this doesn't mean a really hot summer!

vCash
    Balzac Billy (just north of Calgary) would have seen nothing but sunshine today, so guess what? We get six more weeks of winter!

Guess what? Spring doesn't usually come to Alberta until April anyways!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post

Guess what? Spring doesn't usually come to Alberta until April anyways!
    I thought it came in mid-June
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast