Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    And there are some lifts and moves that are just in Every Coach's Manual of Stock Lifts and moves.

They are not proprietary to any team.

They are dance's version of the spread eagle or the Charlotte; just stuff everybody can pick to do. The Shibs final rotational lift is like that in the FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    On NBCs broadcast at the end of the dance event they were showing D&W backstage with Marina gesturing that they need more eye contact and Charlie says "between the two of us". I'm sure it's something that Marina is always working on with them because it doesn't come naturally. I've often had the impression that Charlie is indifferent to Meryl.
    I'm sorry but I actually find the 'between the two of us' quote quite funny. I don't know how he phrased it, if he meant it in a questioning/are you serious? tone but I think it's actually kinda cute, but I agree Meryl's ready and willing and Charlie is a bit indifferent at times, he just seems a bit uncomfortable. He's probably seen the maniac V&M shippers and wants to avoid it like the plague

vCash
    Love how Marina and Igor both go to US Nationals with Meryl and Charlie yet only Marina comes to Canadian Nationals. I mean I know they do have more teams there but still . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EB8 View Post
    Love how Marina and Igor both go to US Nationals with Meryl and Charlie yet only Marina comes to Canadian Nationals. I mean I know they do have more teams there but still . . .
    Somebody had to stay to get the teams ready for US Nationals.
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Igor was also with Tobias/Stagniunas at Euros for practices and the SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EB8 View Post
    To be fair, there's only one Canadian team they're training, whereas there are, what, three American teams? So you need both coaches there, I'm sure. And, hey, the way I see things, Marina is V-M's coach, Shpilband doesn't seem to do much anymore.

vCash
    Also, V&M pretty much had the Nationals title in the bag. There are Z&S teams that needed that extra bit of politicking to get the results they wanted (it didn't happen, but whatever).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    To be fair, there's only one Canadian team they're training, whereas there are, what, three American teams? So you need both coaches there, I'm sure. And, hey, the way I see things, Marina is V-M's coach, Shpilband doesn't seem to do much anymore.
    Really? But how can we know that without being at their practices, or do you know something ?

vCash
    It is true that lately, Marina has been the one accompanying V/M.

Early in their career, both Igor and Marina were there or Igor alone would be there.

Perhaps they think V/M no longer need politiking since they are the reigning Olympic champions.

Or perhaps Skate Canada does not provide as much funding as the USFSA.

So maybe we fans should raise some funds so V/M can fly Igor (in addition to Marina) to their competitions.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Igor was also with Tobias/Stagniunas at Euros for practices and the SD.
    Who was with them for the FD?

Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    So maybe we fans should raise some funds so V/M can fly Igor (in addition to Marina) to their competitions.
    I'd rather put the money towards making sure Scott doesn't wear that snakeskin shirt anymore Back in black with a white square on the back with the #80 and put her in something glittery and sexy.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I'm sorry but I actually find the 'between the two of us' quote quite funny. I don't know how he phrased it, if he meant it in a questioning/are you serious? tone but I think it's actually kinda cute, but I agree Meryl's ready and willing and Charlie is a bit indifferent at times, he just seems a bit uncomfortable. He's probably seen the maniac V&M shippers and wants to avoid it like the plague
    I don't think "indifferent" is quite the right word; "uncomfortable" with eye contact may be closer to it. I think he expresses his connection in different ways. He presents her nicely and that sort of thing, but the "gazing into someone's eyes" thing just doesn't seem to fit his personality.

In fact, it strikes me that if Charlie and Meryl gazed into each other's eyes for too long, one or both would start cracking up. It's just who they are and how they relate.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Really? But how can we know that without being at their practices, or do you know something ?
    No, I don't know anything, it's just a guess. Whenever V-M talk about their coaches, they single out Zueva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    No, I don't know anything, it's just a guess. Whenever V-M talk about their coaches, they single out Zueva.
    Bummer, it's always great to hear

I think they really connect with Marina.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Even in those fun interviews from the Orange Team at this past TEB when a question was picked about their coach they both immediately thought of Marina and answered the question with her in mind.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    A representative from their Fed was with them in the kiss and cry.

I'd rather put the money towards making sure Scott doesn't wear that snakeskin shirt anymore Back in black with a white square on the back with the #80 and put her in something glittery and sexy.
    They could have gone out there and maxed out with 81 points, and I STILL would want that snakeskin shirt gone. I want Scott back in the all black outfit. It shows off the movements so much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post

Scott looks good in anything - even the snakeskin shirt.

vCash
    On NBCs broadcast at the end of the dance event they were showing D&W backstage with Marina gesturing that they need more eye contact and Charlie says "between the two of us". I'm sure it's something that Marina is always working on with them because it doesn't come naturally. I've often had the impression that Charlie is indifferent to Meryl.
    Its funny - did you see W-P copied Tessa-Scott eye contant all the time even off-ice? And Berton-Hotareck, and even P-B, who used some FF moves in there exibition at ECh. Sorry but this made me
    You need to find something speciall for your team, but not coping what other team doing.
    Before Z-Sh did programs, where D-W look different compare V-M, but now all must look at each other like V-M doing, even brotehr and sister. Sorry, but maybe V- need go now in new direction? Thats why i like Gillis-Porie at Nationals - they show there own style.

vCash
    If by having their own style you mean skating tricks out there instead of, you know, dancing then I agree. Gilles and Poirier sure have their own... style. I can understand why you want a new choreographer, what I cannot understand is why you want them to be like this and that team, Pani.

Let's talk about this new choreographer thing because it's what everyone keeps suggesting. So they move to choreographer X, what next? Remember these people have a life beyond that skating rink. Tessa has school, not to mention her doctors, physio, etc. they're both skating very close to home. Some here have even suggested they move to Europe! This is a decision that goes beyond what happens on the ice, beyond choreography and training. There's a rhythm they are used to by now and whether we like it or not, Tessa's condition does play a big part in this.

So yeah, it's easy to say "they should go to choreographer A or B or C", but can they? Chronic injuries are severe. I don't care how they keep saying she's healthy, there's always something you need to do to make sure the injury doesn't get worse. Nadal and his knees come to mind, for instance. He is a monster, but those knees will always be a problem for him. Like him, VM have a whole training system carefully planned out to insure that Tessa's legs don't suffer too much. A coach needs to understand that injury, he needs be in touch with her doctors, they need to know first hand what's going on so that they can coach them, an injury limits you greatly. Building that system takes time. Moving means re-adjusting all that and it is not easy. With two years to go, is there enough time?

I am not defending Zueva. In fact, I think many of your complaints are justified. On one hand, Canton is too crowded: you have your Olympic champions there, then you have your World champions, then your World bronze medalists (yeah, how? I don't know) and the a lot of other people that might, someday, get really good. On the other hand, Tessa and Scott seem like very independent, resourceful skaters; so maybe, because of this, their coaches make the mistake of giving them too much license instead of stepping in and, you know, COACH THEM. I wish they had coaches just for themselves, I do. A team as insanely talented as Virtue and Moir need someone that's there just for them. I have no doubt that Marina used to be that person, which is why so many people in the US complained and complained about her. But now, with Shpilband crowding Canton, both him and Zueva need to make time for more and more teams.

In short, too many variables to consider before they decide to go with someone else. It was a long post, sorry about that.

vCash
    I agree, they need to work more on their connection and does anyone else feel really uncomfortable when they go to their opening pose in the SD and Meryl does this weird face gymnastics routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Scott looks good in anything - even the snakeskin shirt.

Truth! haha I will admit it was quite the departure for Scott considering he likes to be more simple and let Tessa WOW us with her costumes. They both always look great, though.

vCash
    You gotta think with all these teams someones gonna jump ship eventually. You only have so many hours in a day and someone is bound to feel short changed, I feel like it's only a matter of time and it's coming soon. I just don't think it'll be V&M leaving for reasons Golightly mentioned and because I just feel they love Marina(and maybe Igor) too much and when I'm honest with myself the material she's given them over the years is pretty damn great, yes even this year too(minus the SD alterations).

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast