Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinktwink View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm coming out of the safety of 3 years spent lurking on this forum because I can't bare to see such great fans getting themselves so down.

For some reason I've always been a bit chicken about posting on here myself, everyone has always seemed so knowledgeable that I've never known when to step into the fray.

I've been a huge V/M fan since 2008 and give them sole credit for drawing me back into figure skating after losing a little interest in it since Yagudin and A/P retired.

Everyone that has posted on the V/M threads over the years has always kept me highly entertained and I respect each of your views very much.

With so many of you being so worried for our wonderful team I felt like it was time to come out of hiding and do what I can to lift the mood back up a bit

I do understand where all the worrying is coming from, I haven't liked the luke warm response Tessa and Scott have been getting at times this season, especially when its so plain to see how exquisite their movement is, but I don't think we all need to take it to the level that its got to over the last couple of days.

When Tessa and Scott skate cleanly and the moment is right then it is pure perfection and the most important place to have all that come together is Worlds. Yes I wish they didn't have to go through the little trickle of bad luck that they've been having lately but I'd rather it happened now and they get it out of their system than it creep in at Worlds.

If they have that moment of perfection at Worlds and D/W don't very obviously out skate them (and for me in order for D/W to do that they would have to actually become V/M and skate with their grace as well as speed. That may sound harsh and I don't mean to detract from the talent that D/W have but they simply are not V/M. JMO.) and they still don't win Gold then it won't have come down to talent but politicks and if that's the case then there's no beating that. Its not something you can train for and work out a way to overcome. It would be out their hands and most certainly out of ours.

I would love for all the stress to go away and for us all to go back to being able to fully enjoy having this very special team still competing and showing the world that dance really does still exist on ice.

Let's make this thread so alive with positive energy for V/M that its soooooooooo bright that everyone on FSU has got to wear shades when they come in and take a peak

And now I may just go back into hiding
    Great first post twinktwink and please don't go into hiding we need energy like this on the thread, lol I don't feel so pessimistic anymore.

Pani, if I remember correctly Tessa cut up that gold dress didn't she? It's more open now.

vCash
    Don't hide twinktwink we need you. I'm trying to get the positive energy going too. Come on guys! What happens at the end of the season will happen but this is what we've got for the time being and I still don't think it's bad at all. V&M can still win, I have no doubt and mistakes can happen to anyone. Win or lose I know they'll be spectacular because in the end they've always pulled it off. I'm not giving up I still want to enjoy and have hope, even if I'm living in that world by myself.

vCash
    My very first memories of watching skating are Toller Cranston who never won gold -IIRC for a number of reasons including politics / judges style preference / figures.

But what a joy he was to watch! And what I especially remember is him doing huge split jumps over the boards. I was really young and then we went to see a Toller Cranston skating show and it was so inspiring.

Throughout the years since - some of my favourite skating to watch and be inspired by have been non-gold medal performances - sometimes because they didn't have the technical skill to win, sometimes because of politics, sometimes because they were amazing but those who placed above them did more things to garner points.

I know that V and M will not be satisfied with anything less than winning. That is why they are as amazing as they are.

I know there is at least some chance that if they don't win - it will be because of politics - whether it be at Canton or within the judging.

But the bottom line is if they don't win at Worlds - no matter how much we believe it is unfair or wrong or politics or because they should change coaches - I am going to try really hard to not let it interfere with loving watching them skate.

I saw them for the 1st time at Nationals in 2004 and since then they have been one of my very very favourite things about skating.

I am enthralled by them, never ever EVER bored by them, and unbelievably inspired. The programs of theirs that aren't my favourites still fly by and they draw me in - even when they have mistakes. The programs that are my favourites - well I go back to them again and again and each time is magic. And I don't care who at FSU makes fun of me or scoffs when I say that - they are magic.

I very much want them to achieve what they want.

But as a fan - I just feel so grateful that they have continued to skate as it is a privilege to watch them.
    Last edited by The Accordion; 01-29-2012 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Pani, if I remember correctly Tessa cut up that gold dress didn't she? It's more open now.
    Yes. But i wish she used it because i think this dance will look even more hot with this dress. Yes, they could had dedaction at 4CC, but if they show there best skating and people will show support to them, its will be good for WCh.

I maybe only 1 like her first FD dress at 4CC as season. I think if she will used this cut, but some different colors, it could be great. But she could made this for 4CC- not enough time.

I an sure- Tessa dont need to wear this pink dress - beeter to save it for exibitions
    And she never use green color

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    My very first memories of watching skating are Toller Cranston who never won gold -IIRC for a number of reasons including politics / judges style preference / figures.

But what a joy he was to watch! And what I especially remember is him doing huge split jumps over the boards. I was really young and then we went to see a Toller Cranston skating show and it was so inspiring.

Throughout the years since - some of my favourite skating to watch and be inspired by have been non-gold medal performances - sometimes because they didn't have the technical skill to win, sometimes because of politics, sometimes because they were amazing but those who placed above them did more things to garner points.

I know that V and M will not be satisfied with anything less than winning. That is why they are as amazing as they are.

I know there is at least some chance that if they don't win - it will be because of politics - whether it be at Canton or within the judging.

But the bottom line is if they don't win at Worlds - no matter how much we believe it is unfair or wrong or politics or because they should change coaches - I am going to try really hard to not let it interfere with loving watching them skate.

I saw them for the 1st time at Nationals in 2004 and since then they have been one of my very very favourite things about skating.

I am enthralled by them, never ever EVER bored by them, and unbelievably inspired. The programs of theirs that aren't my favourites still fly by and they draw me in - even when they have mistakes. The programs that are my favourites - well I go back to them again and again and each time is magic. And I don't care who at FSU makes fun of me or scoffs when I say that - they are magic.

I wish so much that they could achieve what they want.

But as a fan - I just feel so grateful that they have continued to skate as it is a privilege to watch them.
    If they make fun of you I'm right there with ya. You said it all. I'm in 150% agreement. I LOVE THEM & in my eyes THEY ARE THE BEST so there.

vCash
    Thankyou Shayii! lol I'm glad I could help to give you a little boost.

Thanks too sequins!- I'm going to do my best to help get the good times rolling again!

Accordion - I'm in love with your entire post! I'm with you too, let others make fun if they want, everything you put is the truth!

Something that I take to heart is what past competitors say about V/M and so much of it is positive and that tells me that they're clearly appreciated by people that have been where they are now and know the pressures they must feel at times.

One thing that always sticks with me is what Robin Cousins said at the Olympics after the FD. I remember his commentary contained lots of gushing at the time lol but afterwards it seems like he went about everywhere telling as many people as he could about how he thought V/M were the perfect combination of T/D and G/G.

He has always come across as someone that's not easily wowed and can be quite picky and for him to say that seemed like it was a big deal to me. He had been saying nice things in his commentaries for the 2 years preceding the Olympics too but that was the best thing I'd heard him say, I wish the BBC had covered last year's Worlds because I would have loved to hear what he'd had to say about the FD.

In the end all credit goes to Tessa and Scott for making me feel so positive for them. When I see talent and hard work like theirs and the results it brings on the ice I feel like no matter what direction some people high up in the sport may want ice dance to go in there will always come a team that will take it back to the roots of dance where it looks at its best and captures the people that really care about the sport. lol hope that doesn't come across too cheesy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes. But i wish she used it because i think this dance will look even more hot with this dress. Yes, they could had dedaction at 4CC, but if they show there best skating and people will show support to them, its will be good for WCh.

I maybe only 1 like her first FD dress at 4CC as season. I think if she will used this cut, but some different colors, it could be great. But she could made this for 4CC- not enough time.

I an sure- Tessa dont need to wear this pink dress - beeter to save it for exibitions
    And she never use green color
    You know what now that I think about it I wouldn't be surprised if she does wear that gold dress at 4CC. Lets see, I don't think she'll go back to the pink dress lol, she could wear the blue dress again, the one she wore for their FD last year at 4CC, then the gold dress. And of course she could have a new. I would love to see a green dress it would look wonderful and it would match her eyes, but IDK apparently there's a superstition with the color green?

Twinktwink you don't come across as cheesy to me, but if you do I don't care, gush as much as you want . And great post The Accordion!

vCash
    the blue dress just felt sterile with me. if it had fringes, then it could work better. to me, fringes enhance movements in a latin dance. if that blue dress also had a sexier asymmetrical cut, it would work with the rhumba feel more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinktwink View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm coming out of the safety of 3 years spent lurking on this forum because I can't bare to see such great fans getting themselves so down.

For some reason I've always been a bit chicken about posting on here myself, everyone has always seemed so knowledgeable that I've never known when to step into the fray.

I've been a huge V/M fan since 2008 and give them sole credit for drawing me back into figure skating after losing a little interest in it since Yagudin and A/P retired.

Everyone that has posted on the V/M threads over the years has always kept me highly entertained and I respect each of your views very much.

With so many of you being so worried for our wonderful team I felt like it was time to come out of hiding and do what I can to lift the mood back up a bit

I do understand where all the worrying is coming from, I haven't liked the luke warm response Tessa and Scott have been getting at times this season, especially when its so plain to see how exquisite their movement is, but I don't think we all need to take it to the level that its got to over the last couple of days.

When Tessa and Scott skate cleanly and the moment is right then it is pure perfection and the most important place to have all that come together is Worlds. Yes I wish they didn't have to go through the little trickle of bad luck that they've been having lately but I'd rather it happened now and they get it out of their system than it creep in at Worlds.

If they have that moment of perfection at Worlds and D/W don't very obviously out skate them (and for me in order for D/W to do that they would have to actually become V/M and skate with their grace as well as speed. That may sound harsh and I don't mean to detract from the talent that D/W have but they simply are not V/M. JMO.) and they still don't win Gold then it won't have come down to talent but politicks and if that's the case then there's no beating that. Its not something you can train for and work out a way to overcome. It would be out their hands and most certainly out of ours.

I would love for all the stress to go away and for us all to go back to being able to fully enjoy having this very special team still competing and showing the world that dance really does still exist on ice.

Let's make this thread so alive with positive energy for V/M that its soooooooooo bright that everyone on FSU has got to wear shades when they come in and take a peak

And now I may just go back into hiding
    You are so right. I am mostly positive, but I, too, have given in a little too much to the dark side. I plan to enjoy their skating at 4CC & Worlds.

vCash
    I wish Tessa wear golden dress (if she didnt have new) and try to skate las year FD with pattern in middle part.
    I am sure, for WCh Tessa will have new SD dress.
    Good post Twinktwink!
    I think that they would get flack for using a golden dress since she used it last year. I like the pink one, actually.

vCash
    The tekkies at Nats may have unwittingly done them a huge favor by lowballing them. They will come back with a vengeance!!! For most of their senior years competing, injury has plagued them and not their closest competitors, so they have had to fight hard for everything so far. They are not complacent as a team and Tessa (in particular) has more guts for a little lady than anyone in the business of ice-dance. I think their experiences and problems thoughout the years bodes well for them and their future.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think that they would get flack for using a golden dress since she used it last year. I like the pink one, actually.
    But pink is unlucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post

I very much want them to achieve what they want.

This^^^

vCash
    But pink is unlucky
    What about light green?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    What about light green?
    She never used it -so could be good.

What about this color
    http://www.google.com.ua/imgres?imgu...9QEwAw&dur=681
    with light pink?

vCash
    how about the teal (?) blue (with some green in it as well) in this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucm0A...eature=related

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    how about the teal (?) blue (with some green in it as well) in this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucm0A...eature=related
    if not the leopard print, then zebra print!

vCash
    What if they're just too expensive and they can't get a new dress? No, I think Scott all in black is fine, but Tessa should try something sexier, with color. I agree that the gold dress is a good idea, even if it has a different cut now.

vCash
    Great posts, Twinktwink! I love your positive attitude, and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

and I love your post too, Accordion. They really are magic...one of the best dance teams ever, IMO.

I am with Clarie, I think the tech panel's assessment at nationals will only push them. Considering Tessa is adjusting to changes in her stroking style this season, I would expect V&M to make the biggest improvement of all the teams. I have faith that they will deliver performances at 4CC and will save their best for Worlds. I was so impressed with their FD at nationals--I still can't stop watching it! At least I have that to tide me over until 4CC

vCash

This season they look at each other - this what Zueva teach them to do this season.

How do you think - V-M see there SD skated by Shibs?
    On NBCs broadcast at the end of the dance event they were showing D&W backstage with Marina gesturing that they need more eye contact and Charlie says "between the two of us". I'm sure it's something that Marina is always working on with them because it doesn't come naturally. I've often had the impression that Charlie is indifferent to Meryl.

Regarding Virtue and Moir seeing their SD in the Shibs SD, maybe they don't care? This isn't the first time that Marina and Igor have given similar moves/programs to their teams. In the Oly year, the Shibs did that same move in their FD that Tessa and Scottt did at the end of Mahler. And I seem to recall Chock and Zuerlein having some of the same moves/lifts as Davis and White.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast