vCash

New Shawn Sawyer interview with PJ Kwong

I found this on PJ Kwong (from CBC)'s Twitter. She interviewed Shawn backstage at an ice show - Rock The Ice III, and this discusses his plans regarding his art and also a bit about his skating, but a segment of it is in French.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTV1p...ure=youtu.be&a

vCash
    Whee, Shawn! Love the fact he mentioned moving down to Mexico in 10 years where Toller is. "Does he know you're coming?" "Not yet"

French part translation
    Pj: For the francophone fans, it's already been a year since you stopped competing. What are the things you miss most?
    S: I didn't get bored with competitions because I think I [made my mark, or something of the sort] for competition with my performance at the 2011 Canadian Nationals. I think I really had THE performance of my life. I've been to the Olympics Games, I've been to World Championships, so I think I accomplished all I could do as an amateur athlete. Besides, I've always wanted to do shows and currently am able to do shows and tours, be with my friends anywhere in the world. So, I love this; I'm happy with my life. At the moment, I'm also coaching and doing a lot of choreography. I feel I'm juggling several careers, but all linked to the skating world.

vCash
    Good line re Toller! I remember seeing him as a young boy (just learning English) at Toller's farewell performance in Toronto! Fond memories!

vCash
    Here's the performance you remember:

Shawn Sawyer 1997 Toller Cranston Tribute
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYT6Jv_3bqQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Here's the performance you remember:

Shawn Sawyer 1997 Toller Cranston Tribute
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYT6Jv_3bqQ
    Ahhhhh.......
    Thank you! What a night that was! There was a special moment at the end of the show. The lights came on and people were hanging there. The skaters were chatting with one another and the audience. Sean was trying a jump and blowing it when Barb Underhill came over, grabbed him by the hand and just flew around the ice a few times. Her speed was amazing! She was talking to him throughout. He tried again and nailed the jump! I've often wondered what it was she said.
    A very special, cozy night.