Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helsinki

vCash
    Poor skatak, you got to experience maybe the worst possible Finnish winter weather yesterday! Fortunately today has been quite nice and sunny.

Finns are pretty used to bad weather conditions during wintertime, but yesterday was something different IMO. The capital city area traffic was jammed due to snow storm & slippery roads and there were unusual amount of car accidents (several hundreds). Check this out.
    Last edited by laguska; 02-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Speaking of Finnish things, I just found this video.
    Haha (like everyone says here in Taipei), just brought some salmiakki to the taiwanese people. "It is not candy!" they protested furiously.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Speaking of Finnish things, I just found this video.

To this day I can NOT understand why foreigners always have that same reaction to salmiakki. The same thing happened in the US last spring - everyone who tried it just spat it out. You unsophisticated people! It REALLY is good. Even my 5 and 3-year-old niece and nephew would say so. I'm sure nearly every Finn would say so.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Saw this in the comment section of Urban Dictionary.

Salty form of licorice from Finland that is flavored with the taste of burning tires and distilled death.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    last post from Finland, right from the aiport. clean and with wifi, that's it !
    so, downgraded my clothes combo from 4-3-2 to 2-2, and that's more than enough. Kept a 2 in case Paris is still freezing.

Sorry guys, but Frazer cafe was closing, and Esplanad Cafe is nice (got the cinnamon roll, quite big and a bit dry, not so used to rolls) but it does not match La Glace and its unbelievable gateaux in Copehnaguen ! ;-)

Very nice moments in the rock church. Awesome, very peacefull. Had lots of fun then walking on the frozen sea. Excellent ! Then 3T / 3B (THAT really looks like a combo lol) to go back to town, to actually see the white cathedral out of the blue sky (rather than guessing where it was with the snowy sky). No much more sculpted lanterns from yesterday, but a free glogg was more than welcomed

Tried the Zeltor with its tractors inside, big portions. Last stop at the Market to buy some poro and italiensk salad (hoping it will make it through ok). Didn't find couldberry jam, but bought some at the airport (at an indecent price, that is).

Overall quite tired from the last days, but happy I could spend some free time in Finland, yaayyyy !
    Now I'll have to come back to have the chance the finally meet some finnish FSUer

It still would not try to speak finnish, it would be to funnish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123