Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The entire honey badger phenomenon started with this viral video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

LSU's player got his nickname from that. Johnny probably doesn't watch much college football so I would think he got the reference from the original video although anything is possible, haha
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Honey Badger's everywhere.
    http://thebloggess.com/2011/03/you-probably-need-this/

Practically a meme by now, I think.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    That's a good idea; what e-mail address would I use if I wanted to offer feedback?
    If you are on Twitter or Facebook you could do it there. There is also "Contact" on IN's home page.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n*ice mom View Post
    I think the honey badger is used in a current commercial too. It is supposed to be synonymous with 'fearless.' Where do you get anything else? Nevermind, don't answer that... you have taken us off-topic and are clearly reading too much into Johnny's commentating.
    Just saw it - it is for pistachio nuts. It has a voiceover from the viral video.

To me, this is the original honey badger film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOrdXpM9vOw
    Last edited by Rob; 02-02-2012 at 03:53 AM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash

vCash
    He said it was from youtube in the Ice Desk segment with Peter Carruthers after the men's short.

vCash
    After listening to Sarah Hughes, I thought Johnny Weir was brilliant.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash

Jeremy's tweet

Jeremy Abbott@jeremyabbottpcf

Watching @icenetwork impressed with @JohnnyGWeir commentary! Great job!

vCash
    One more thing in Johnny's favor- I went to rewatch Adam's and Jeremy's programs on icenetwork. I strongly prefer no talking during the actual programs, and was really concerned that the constant chatter would ruin it for me. And was so pleasantly surprised that Johnny was very concise and to the point - he named the jumps and had a few comments, but really put Adam and Jeremy center- stage. If anything , the female commentator ( was it Tonya?) - was more intrusive)
    So if Johnny actually shows sensitivity to when and how much to talk- then he's perfect for the job. I hope, whatever his competitive plans are, he continues commentating long- term.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I was much happier with Johnny's amount of talking during the actual performances in the LP. I think that they should have let Tonia cover ladies only. She talked way too much. I was so looking forward to seeing Jonathan Cassar's performance, but was disappointed to see how much chatter there was during.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    We thought Johnny's commentary was wonderful. My boyfriend would love for a Button Weir commentary fest. I'll add Terry Gannon into that mix

I have never been a Lipinski fan, but Tara has been a good commentator.

Get rid of, Hammond, Scott, Tonia & Sandra Bezic

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    If I have to hear Scott screech through one more triple jump and then tell me how hard that it was to do on tired legs at the end of a program...

I can even deal with him repeating things over and over but the screeching is unbearable. You are a skating icon, are you really THAT excited to see another poorly done 3toe? Was the 3lutz really that scary for you to watch? Did you think they were possibly going to die if they didn't land it?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    You are a skating icon, are you really THAT excited to see another poorly done 3toe? Was the 3lutz really that scary for you to watch? Did you think they were possibly going to die if they didn't land it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    After listening to Sarah Hughes, I thought Johnny Weir was brilliant.
    Was that Sarah Hughes doing the Ladies LP on the IN? My God she has an awful voice. She didn't have much to say that was interesting either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I loved Weir's commentating. I agree that it was a bit too much at first and a bit disjointed...as if he ran to get there on time and was nervous and out of breath (which may have been part of it actually).
    He was around at the booth for a short while prior to the warm-up, but then disappeared for a bit and rushed back just in time to begin commenting. So maybe he got caught up in the halls or hospitality -- he definitely did rush back to first begin his SP commentary.

I sat in the first row directly behind the IceNetwork booth (platform, really) all through out Nationals. (I made friends with the audio contractor guy... and who knew there was a team of well over 30 IceNetwork employees at Nationals to make the live commentary feeds happen? About 10 around the platform, and a few dozen back in the production semi).

I had many friends texting and facebook-ing me to tell Johnny they loved his commentary, since they all knew I was sitting about 12 feet away from him. I told him some friends were loving his commentary, and he said:

"Of course. No one cares about the jumps. It's all about the hair and glam!"

This of course, coming from the man who wore multiple fur coats... in NorCal for 50-60*F high temperatures ( ). Many not-officiating officials and coaches were sitting nearby and listening to him on their Skate Bug Radios... and seemed to be getting a kick out of him, at least.
    Last edited by Rochelle; 02-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UDelpairs2012 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg this is where Johnny got the honey badger quote from
    I really need to watch more TV and get better browsing skills, I miss some of the funniest things.

I can only imagine how funny he was, I hated liking him as a skater because as a competitor at times I wanted to shake him, but everything I loved about him probably comes across all that much more in his commentary. He can't forget to add a double toe to a good snark

vCash
    I would really like him to not do a comeback so that he can commentate more...

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Was that Sarah Hughes doing the Ladies LP on the IN? My God she has an awful voice. She didn't have much to say that was interesting either.
    Tonia K did commentary. Sarah did the tweets and the Ice Desk at times.

vCash
    I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys commentating, unless it is done by Scott, Sandra, or Tonia Kwiatkowski. Johnny goes a pretty good job. I wish he could replace Scott Hamilton. I simply cannot stomach Hamilton's Defcon level 19 screeching.

Johnny and Tara would make a good pair, IMO. She's somewhat dry and informative, and he's more expressive. Hair comments welcome.

vCash
    I thought Johnny was top rate.
    There was a softer more professional tone on the FS coverage-- I thought at least. He is very natural and quick on his feet. I am soooooo excited for his return to competition!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast