Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    What's the over/under that buzzard Gloria Allred be calling a press conference by week's end to announce she's representing "this brave victim standing beside me"? And just in time ... the bones from Allred's last meal, er "case," are probably picked white clean, by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    And I look forward to this woman's name ... being released. Kelly had to endure some dirt digging, and you know what, he came up very clean. Her turn.
    I agree. And your wish is the NY Post's command (with photo):

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...hcWQLIpc0fax8L

The case was over nearly as soon as it started — after it surfaced that his aspiring-model accuser, Maria Di Toro, engaged in steamy texting with him after their sexual encounter, suggesting they get together again, sources said.“Those aren’t the words of a woman raped,’’ one law-enforcement source flatly told The Post.

Another source said the later texts showed that “the lustfulness for each other was mutual’’ and added that it should be “no surprise’’ that the investigation was dropped.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    1. That the woman's story falls apart for several reasons. Most obvious, the texts that were sent to Kelly after the alleged rape.
    That was the clincher for me personally. You can take someone back to your office for some shady reason and still be raped, I have no doubts about that. But to continue sexting him after even a date rape? Hellooo, reasonable doubt.

vCash
    I'm glad Kelly isn't being prosecuted, but the damage remains. There will always be those who actually think that he did it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Fixed. (Sorry.) This was a false report, clearly now. And I look forward to this woman's name and other dirty laundry (including, perhaps, that she never really did get pregnant) being released. Kelly had to endure some dirt digging, and you know what, he came up very clean. Her turn.

Too bad she won't be charged with a false report, though, but at least her reputation can be tarnished as retribution to the damage she caused Kelly and - importantly - people who truly have been sexually assaulted and need their claims to be trusted.
    Um thanks I guess. English is not my first language but I do the best I can. No one is perfect.

If he can prove his reputation has been damaged by a false report from this alleged 'victim' I hope he can sue that woman for damages.

vCash
    I am glad that Kelly has been cleared. I hope that this does not continue to damage his life. I do hope that he sues her or that there are some serious consequences for this woman. Not just because of the harm she has caused for an innocent man, but because she has contributed to the problem of women not being believed when they report rape.

Interesting that they did not release her name, initially. Now that Kelly has been cleared, I guess it's fair game. Maybe that is her consequence, her name becoming public.
    Last edited by cruisin; 02-09-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Interesting that they did not release her name, initially. Now that Kelly has been cleared, I guess it's fair game. Maybe that is her consequence, her name becoming public.
    In my state, names of sexual assault victims are not released. Since there was no assault, the record can be opened. Guess she didn't think about that part when she filed.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Greg will be back on the air tomorrow. They say he'll thank the viewers for their support as part of the normal broadcast:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ch-5...sEnabled=false
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I thought of this thread when I saw this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I am glad that Kelly has been cleared. I hope that this does not continue to damage his life. I do hope that he sues her or that there are some serious consequences for this woman. Not just because of the harm she has caused for an innocent man, but because she has contributed to the problem of women not being believed when they report rape...
    I hope not. A lot of legitimate rape cases aren't prosecuted because the D.A. doesn't think he or she can obtain a conviction. The victims didn't lie about their attacks but they were under the influence of drugs/alcohol and their memories are hazy or they didn't report the rape right away so there isn't any physical evidence. I don't want those women to not report their rapes for fear of the rapist suing them. Do you?

P.S. I'm not saying this is what happened in Kelly's case.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    But if it can be proven that she filed a false report, shouldn't he sue her? I understand you don't want women afraid to come forward but you can't allow women free range to report false rapes just because they have regret or got caught in an affair. What message is that sending? Sometimes people are so worried about protecting future rape victims that they forget there are other victims (wrong accused), too.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    But if it can be proven that she filed a false report, shouldn't he sue her? I understand you don't want women afraid to come forward but you can't allow women free range to report false rapes just because they have regret or got caught in an affair. What message is that sending? Sometimes people are so worried about protecting future rape victims that they forget there are other victims (wrong accused), too.
    I don't know if he can sue her.

It's important to note out that false rape accusations are rare in comparison to the the number of actual rapes that are never reported. Interestingly, they do get a lot of press and IMO that press tends to trivialize the occurrence and seriousness of rape.

It is very stupid to advance a false rape charge because it usually doesn't work.

vCash
    Is she being charged?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I hope not. A lot of legitimate rape cases aren't prosecuted because the D.A. doesn't think he or she can obtain a conviction. The victims didn't lie about their attacks but they were under the influence of drugs/alcohol and their memories are hazy or they didn't report the rape right away so there isn't any physical evidence. I don't want those women to not report their rapes for fear of the rapist suing them. Do you?
    No, that would be horrible. But, what you are saying and what BigB08822 says, below, are both valid. If someone is victimized, there should be consequences. And while I would not want a situation where future rape victims are afraid to come forward because a DA feels there is not enough to prosecute, is it fair for this woman to get away with what she has done? I think that she has caused damage to future rape victims. By lying, she effects the credibility of women who are actually raped. This is such an ugly situation.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Yeah, there should be consequences, but why is it always: he should sue her! The legal system is good for some things but it's not the cure for everything.

Anyway, the story linked above is very clear that she won't be charged because she's sticking to her story that she was too drunk to give consent. Note that she isn't saying that Kelly violently raped her, but that he took advantage of her not being in full control of her faculties (one of the scenarios we discussed here).

There is no way that can ever be disproven so there is no way she'll be prosecuted for filing a false police report. Particularly as one of the interviewed police officers said something along the lines of "she thinks she's telling the truth". As in, they don't think she's lying on purpose for malicious motives but telling her version of events, which may or may not match what other people would say happened if they had been there, but it's her reality that she firmly believes in.

This is one reason why I said it's dumb to have sex with someone you don't know very well if one or more of you have been drinking. Maybe at the time she was a full participant or maybe she wasn't and he took advantage of that. Maybe he was too drunk to realize she wasn't really into it. But, if he'd decided not to have sex with her because they were both drunk, he wouldn't be in this mess and the same with her. If she had a general rule: I don't have sex with strangers when I'm drunk, she wouldn't now be in hot water with her boyfriend and have people all over the country saying bad things about her.

Which are consequences, Brian. And they are "punishment fits the crime" consequences too. Suing would just waste the court's time and everyone's money and keep this in the news longer, which I'm pretty sure Kelly doesn't want. He can get satisfaction from the police saying there was no crime and from the fact that she now has no credibility and a tattered reputation. Why can't that be enough? I bet it is for him.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I don't think he should sue her for a lot of money or anything, but suing her is probably the only way to assure she is held responsible for her actions in a court of law. I suppose the DA could decide to prosecute her on their own if they feel she filed a false report but I doubt there is any evidence it was a false report vs. not enough evidence to prove rape. I think most of us feel it was a false report, and I am sure the police feel the same way but proving it is another thing. Anyway, since criminal charges are very unlikely, he can sue her and make sure she is held accountable. It doesn't even need to be about money. On the other hand, he did lose time at work and what if he wasn't paid? What if, being somewhat of a public figure, he had some kind of sponsorship deals? Commercials lined up? He could have lost a lot of potential income.

I am sorry but I don't think the fact that people are talking about her is consequence enough. Would she have been satisfied if he was tried and convicted and the judge said "well, you lost your job and everyone knows you are a rapist, that is punishment enough, go back to your life." Hell no. And don't even tell me one crime is worse than the other, as far as I am concerned ruining someone's life is ruining someone's life.

I still am baffled at this whole idea that she has a fuzzy memory which therefore must be rape. Despite her 3 months worth of texting him about meeting again. Did she suddenly remember that she didn't remember? I don't understand and it is clearly not true. She got caught in an affair, she may or may not be pregnant from that affair and now she is trying to play the victim to keep her boyfriend's love. If his memory is fuzzy did they rape each other? Come to think of it, I think I have been raped a few times in my life going by that description. There is a huge difference between having sex with a passed out person and having sex with a drunk person. Drunk people, drunk strangers, have sex ALL THE TIME. It isn't rape, no matter how much you regret it. She is responsible for how much she drinks and her actions, how can he ever know her level of intoxication unless she is to the point where she is passed out?
    Last edited by BigB08822; 02-11-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Anyway, the story linked above is very clear that she won't be charged because she's sticking to her story that she was too drunk to give consent. Note that she isn't saying that Kelly violently raped her, but that he took advantage of her not being in full control of her faculties (one of the scenarios we discussed here).

There is no way that can ever be disproven so there is no way she'll be prosecuted for filing a false police report. Particularly as one of the interviewed police officers said something along the lines of "she thinks she's telling the truth". As in, they don't think she's lying on purpose for malicious motives but telling her version of events, which may or may not match what other people would say happened if they had been there, but it's her reality that she firmly believes in.
    I have a hard time believing that she thinks she's telling the truth. If the texts that were exchanged between she and Kelly, after the night in question, were as "flirtatious" as they are said to be, I think she knew exactly what she was doing. If not for those texts, I could buy into her claim that she was taken advantage of. But, if that were the case, why did she pursue him afterward?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    as far as I am concerned ruining someone's life is ruining someone's life.
    And how exactly has Kelly's life been ruined? He still has his job, he seems to still have his fans and the media has been pretty kind to him. Basically, he was inconvenienced. And had his private business spread around. Neither of those is any fun but that's far from having a ruined life and, as far as I can tell, I don't think he's even lost any money.

Without damages, there is nothing to sue for.

I have a hard time believing that she thinks she's telling the truth.
    I don't. But I have a lot of family members whose grasp on reality is thin.

Seriously, memory is a funny thing. If she only had the most fuzzy of memories than it's very easy for her to, over time, go back and "remake" her memories. People do it all the time. Watch how someone you know well tells a story over the course of a decade or so and see how that same story changes over time.

Also think about the whole (now discredited) recovered memories movement and how people were able to plant memories into functioning adult of childhood abuse that never happened.

I can totally see her going over and over her memories of that night and gradually filling in the blanks and making them over to be something more palatable to herself. People do it all the time.

vCash
    And how exactly has Kelly's life been ruined? He still has his job, he seems to still have his fans and the media has been pretty kind to him. Basically, he was inconvenienced. And had his private business spread around. Neither of those is any fun but that's far from having a ruined life and, as far as I can tell, I don't think he's even lost any money.

Without damages, there is nothing to sue for.
    If I shoot you and you live, does that mean I get away with it? What if I shoot at you and miss? You have no idea what his life is like now so I find it very naive to assume he will just go back to normal and never face any problems after being labeled a rapist ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL. I wasn't aware you had access to his bank account, paychecks and other information about his business ventures.
    -Brian

vCash

Seriously, memory is a funny thing. If she only had the most fuzzy of memories than it's very easy for her to, over time, go back and "remake" her memories. People do it all the time. Watch how someone you know well tells a story over the course of a decade or so and see how that same story changes over time.
    What a horrible example. You do realize that as time goes on your memory gets WORSE. After years, any "filling in" you have done is almost surely false. Our memories, no matter how real they seem, are often WRONG.
    -Brian

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast