Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,658
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666

    'Good Day New York' Host Greg Kelly Accused of Rape

    Apparently it happened in her office

    The woman told cops she had drinks with Kelly, 43, at the South Street Seaport Oct. 8 before he sexually assaulted her in the law office where she worked, sources said.

    The accuser, who is around 30, did not report the alleged assault until Tuesday night, when she walked into the 13th Precinct stationhouse and gave her account, sources said.
    I know that they like to make fun of him a lot on E! Channel's The Soup, and he's the son of the police commissioner Raymond Kelly. He does seem rather uptight and odd on his show, although I know that does not determine if he's a rapist or not.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,788
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    Something smells fishy. I'd expect someone who works in a law office to report it right away, regardless of the status of the perp.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Three months to report the "assault" will make things tough for the woman. She said, he said, with the results likely being just the new stain on his reputation.

    I'll get flak for this, and I only know what is in that article ... but I have to wonder if this was post-coital regret. Also wonder what, besides sex, would be the purpose of bringing a guy you'd been drinking with from the bar to one's [conveniently nearby?] office after-hours. (Note: I'm not saying "she asked for it," just dissecting the "set-up".)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,658
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Something smells fishy. I'd expect someone who works in a law office to report it right away, regardless of the status of the perp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Three months to report the "assault" will make things tough for the woman. She said, he said, with the results likely being just the new stain on his reputation.

    I'll get flak for this, and I only know what is in that article ... but I have to wonder if this was post-coital regret. Also wonder what, besides sex, would be the purpose of bringing a guy you'd been drinking with from the bar to one's [conveniently nearby?] office after-hours. (Note: I'm not saying "she asked for it," just dissecting the "set-up".)
    But why was he a no-show at his TV gig??

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,623
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15753
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    But why was he a no-show at his TV gig??
    That may have not been his decision. He may have been informed by his superiors to stay home until this is settled.

    It sounds very very fishy. 3 months!? I hope she is telling the truth because if not she has permanently hurt his reputation and that is a shame.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,658
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It sounds very very fishy. 3 months!? I hope she is telling the truth because if not she has permanently hurt his reputation and that is a shame.
    Even when someone is not guilty, the stigma of the accusation remains.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Troy, Rensselaer County, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,494
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Also wonder what, besides sex, would be the purpose of bringing a guy you'd been drinking with from the bar to one's [conveniently nearby?] office after-hours. (Note: I'm not saying "she asked for it," just dissecting the "set-up".)
    Not to mention "going out for drinks" with someone you've only just met, according to the article.

    The woman, a paralegal, told cops she met Kelly, 43, on the street and had drinks with him at the South Street Seaport on Oct. 8.

    They went back to her law office because her boyfriend was home, and that’s where she claims she was assaulted, sources said.
    I don't take stories like this seriously anymore. What the hell did she think was going to happen when they went to her office after a round of drinks and "because her boyfriend was home" ... they were just going to chat and play cards or something?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11643
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It sounds very very fishy. 3 months!? I hope she is telling the truth because if not she has permanently hurt his reputation and that is a shame.
    Perhaps he threatened her... or maybe she was in denial about the fact that it was rape. Nobody likes to believe they are a victim, especially professional women trying to get ahead in their careers. The first instinct for many raped women is to try to forget it happened. Then, three months later, they realize they can't forget, or maybe they are worried the guy is doing it to other women, so they try to do something about it. It's faaar from ideal to wait three months (lost evidence and all that), but it happens a lot.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,262
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Not to mention "going out for drinks" with someone you've only just met, according to the article.



    I don't take stories like this seriously anymore. What the hell did she think was going to happen when they went to her office after a round of drinks and "because her boyfriend was home" ... they were just going to chat and play cards or something?
    Sigh...attitudes like the above are part of the problem, imo. Who gives a feck why she took him to her office? All that matters is that he didn't take no for an answer. At least this is what she is alleging.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,763
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Perhaps he threatened her... or maybe she was in denial about the fact that it was rape. Nobody likes to believe they are a victim, especially professional women trying to get ahead in their careers. The first instinct for many raped women is to try to forget it happened. Then, three months later, they realize they can't forget, or maybe they are worried the guy is doing it to other women, so they try to do something about it. It's faaar from ideal to wait three months (lost evidence and all that), but it happens a lot.
    Or maybe she wanted a relationship. He said 'No', and now she's getting her revenge. The article said that she got pregnant from the encounter (or encounters) with Greg and had an abortion. So another angle could be that she wanted him to help take care of the baby, he said no, and she got angry. Blah, blah, blah .....

    The point is no one knows the truths right now. I'm definitely not going to automatically believe anyone who claims to be raped 3 months after the supposed fact.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,623
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15753
    No one is blaming the victim here. Just pointing out that the facts, as we currently know them, bring up a question about the validity of the claims. I wonder if she knew who he was? Do you think it is possible she realized after that he was a local celebrity and could be trying to take advantage of that? Waiting 3 months, go for drinks with a stranger, already had a boyfriend, took him back to her office because she couldn't take him home, he is a local celebrity. All of these things make me question her accusations and if this goes to trial I am sure a jury would have the same reservations. None of that means she is to blame if she is telling the truth.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11643
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Or maybe she wanted a relationship. He said 'No', and now she's getting her revenge. The article said that she got pregnant from the encounter (or encounters) with Greg and had an abortion. So another angle could be that she wanted him to help take care of the baby, he said no, and she got angry. Blah, blah, blah .....

    The point is no one knows the truths right now. I'm definitely not going to automatically believe anyone who claims to be raped 3 months after the supposed fact.
    I didn't say you automatically have to believe the alleged victim, but this thread so far contains a flurry of messages doubting the woman's story, and saying how could she have waited three months, and I was just trying to balance it out with some theories that might support her story, even though she waited three months and all that.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    8,995
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15631
    No one is blaming the victim here.
    That's crap.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Troy, Rensselaer County, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,494
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Sigh...attitudes like the above are part of the problem, imo. Who gives a feck why she took him to her office?
    I disagree. You are the one who doesn't "get it."

    Obviously you weren't raised to think about the consequences of your actions BEFORE commencing said actions, such as putting onesself, as this woman did, in a situation that that could well turn out to be compromising for her - going out for drinks with a man she didn't even know beforehand, and then going someplace private when she didn't have the slightest clue whether or not she should be putting her trust in him.

    In addition, whatever conversation and interacting they were doing could have been done right there at the bar where they were having the drinks - in public and in plain sight of whoever else was in the establishment. There's only one type of interaction between two people that "has to" (decency laws and all) be done in private, and that's of the sexual kind. Which leads me to believe that this encounter was more consensual than she is letting on.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12082
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Sigh...attitudes like the above are part of the problem, imo. Who gives a feck why she took him to her office? All that matters is that he didn't take no for an answer. At least this is what she is alleging.
    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    No one is blaming the victim here. J
    Except, yes, they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I didn't say you automatically have to believe the alleged victim, but this thread so far contains a flurry of messages doubting the woman's story, and saying how could she have waited three months, and I was just trying to balance it out with some theories that might support her story, even though she waited three months and all that.
    There are so many reasons rape victims could have waited for so long. Rape is extremely traumatic event. There's tons of self-blame and denial going on. It's also very difficult for some victims to able to tell their story after it happens.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12082
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    I disagree. You are the one who doesn't "get it."

    Obviously you weren't raised to think about the consequences of your actions BEFORE commencing said actions, such as putting onesself, as this woman did, in a situation that that could well turn out to be compromising for her - going out for drinks with a man she didn't even know beforehand, and then going someplace private when she didn't have the slightest clue whether or not she should be putting her trust in him.
    So, that makes it okay if she says no, and he has sex with her anyway? I didn't know that consenting to go to someone's place meant consenting to having sex! I bet you think that a woman is just asking for it if she wears a short skirt at night, too.

    Even if she consents to vaginal sex, and he performs anal intercourse, for example, that's still rape.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4218
    Whether or not this is true, sources have been published saying that the woman met Greg on a street, and they spoke. They got each other's contact info, and separated. They decided to meet up for drinks another night, after texting each other for a little bit. The night they met for drinks is the one where the incident occurred. Not the first night they met.

    The local radio news here reported that the woman said that she was unable to consent - that she was too drunk to consent. That she may have invited him back to her office for the reasons people suspect, but in the end, she changed her mind. However, the woman has said (again, according to "sources") that she was so intoxicated, that she doesn't remember some things from that night.

    Witnesses who saw her leaving the building say she did not look upset - although that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

    Sources also say that Greg has a series of text messages that the woman had sent him after their encounter in the office, which the source claims were "flirtatious." Greg has given those text messages to the DA's office.

    The Post reports that the DA's office does not think her story is genuine:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...c0zntcz1chYIKJ

    The Post is not always a reliable newspaper.

    Again, all of this is according to "sources", which may or may not be reliable.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    4,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3655
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Obviously you weren't raised to think about the consequences of your actions BEFORE commencing said actions, such as putting onesself, as this woman did, in a situation that that could well turn out to be compromising for her - going out for drinks with a man she didn't even know beforehand, and then going someplace private when she didn't have the slightest clue whether or not she should be putting her trust in him.
    Really? You know that from one post that Civic made on FSU? You're amazing...
    Team Peeps!

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,150
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17692
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The point is no one knows the truths right now. I'm definitely not going to automatically believe anyone who claims to be raped 3 months after the supposed fact.
    Someone in my family didn't tell for 24 YEARS. It happened in college in the parking lot. She suppressed it until her daughter started sending out college applications which brought back the memories & she finally got counseling.

    Men don't rape because there's a convenient opportunity, like being alone in an office or because the woman doesn't know them well. When you go on a blind date, you are basically with a stranger. You hope whoever set you up had good judgement but you don't know that.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,262
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    ...Obviously you weren't raised to think about the consequences of your actions BEFORE commencing said actions, such as putting onesself, as this woman did, in a situation that that could well turn out to be compromising for her - going out for drinks with a man she didn't even know beforehand, and then going someplace private when she didn't have the slightest clue whether or not she should be putting her trust in him...
    And you're obviously one of those women who believe that if you jump all over someone who claims she was raped by dissecting and criticizing her every move then you'll never be raped yourself.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •