Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

vCash
    Looks like we can take Natasha Purich off the list of potential partners for this season:West Edmonton skater takes it one glide at a time

Yet with Grade 12 just around the corner, Purich decided to take a break from pairs skating in order to give her more time for school next year. However, she hopes to try it against in the future.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I loved her spunk - sure hope we see move of her in pairs in the future. She could go somewhere with the right partner.
    pug lover

vCash
    I loved her as a pairs skater. Maybe if the right partner comes along - she will change her mind?

vCash
    I enjoyed watching Bobak/ Beharry this season, and I was looking forward to seeing their development as a team.

Good luck to both of them.

vCash
    say Purich is relocating to Montreal to skate with Arcieri... So much for taking a break from pairs

vCash
    ^That's what I heard too, I also heard she was given a call by Beharry but had already committed to Arcieri?? Maybe the article is from a while ago?

vCash
    I didn't see a date on the article but its true that she is moving to Montreal....she starts on Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    ^That's what I heard too, I also heard she was given a call by Beharry but had already committed to Arcieri?? Maybe the article is from a while ago?
    Even the press can’t keep up with the ever-changing world of Canadian pair skating. Not sure when the article was written, but it was released today:
    https://twitter.com/#!/WestEdLocal/s...37037299814400

In this case I’m thrilled to hear they’re behind the times. Looking forward to seeing the new partnership.

vCash
    That's good news. I hate to see talented skaters without partners. I wonder if Vanessa Crone will find one....she could always skate singles or she is tiny enough to skate pairs..any thoughts on that ?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I still miss Vanessa. I keep hoping to read she has found a new dance partner. She does seem to have the fearlessness needed for pairs and I know she was doing singles - at least up until a few years ago. It seems hard at her level to find a partner that isn't from another skating federation and needs to sit out but now she has sat out a year. Hope something works out for her.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    say Purich is relocating to Montreal to skate with Arcieri... So much for taking a break from pairs
    Someone refresh my memory, who is Arcieri!?!

Hope it works out in Montreal for Purich. The last female pairs skater from Edmonton who moved east did well for herself so maybe the trend will continue.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Someone refresh my memory, who is Arcieri!?!
    Sebastian Arcieri was 8th in Novice with Jessica Landry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...59&postcount=6
    Landry/Arcieri's Novice Pairs FS video from 2012 Canadians: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19828296
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-01-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: to correct a name typo
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I like him...he has great potential. I think that Landry was too big for him though. This probably will be a better match.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Even the press can’t keep up with the ever-changing world of Canadian pair skating. Not sure when the article was written, but it was released today:
    https://twitter.com/#!/WestEdLocal/s...37037299814400

In this case I’m thrilled to hear they’re behind the times. Looking forward to seeing the new partnership.
    As on offside, West Edmonton Local is an online paper run by journalism students. It isn't known for its high standards, and I wouldn't call it the press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I still miss Vanessa. I keep hoping to read she has found a new dance partner. She does seem to have the fearlessness needed for pairs and I know she was doing singles - at least up until a few years ago. It seems hard at her level to find a partner that isn't from another skating federation and needs to sit out but now she has sat out a year. Hope something works out for her.
    If my memory serves me correctly, someone told me Vanessa has experience in pairs, which she competed with Paul as well (meaning they covered the four disciplines just between the two of them) - singles, dance, and pairs, but of course, this was a long time ago.

vCash
    Has there been any update on a new partner for Ian?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Has there been any update on a new partner for Ian?
    still doing tryouts

vCash
    Some random stuff……..

Things seem to be going well in the new Purich/Arcieri partnership : https://twitter.com/#!/tash_purich/s...28938535460865

So happy good #teamwork first try throw triple sal #believeitttt #loveit
    Julia Plechko and Alexander Sheldrick are no longer listed on icepartnersearch. Possibly a new partnership here?

For anyone wondering about the whereabouts of Andrew Evans these days, he’s one of the coaches running a pairs tryout camp in Mississauga next Saturday (thanks to Sylvia for her post on this in GSD!): Canadian Ice Academy Pairs Try Out. It will be interesting to see if any new partnerships come from this camp.

And speaking of the Canadian Ice Academy, there’s a new listing for one of their female skaters on icepartnersearch Giouzelin Mutlu. New to pair skating, but seems to be a fairly solid jumper (nice 2A-2A sequence!) and is quite bendy. She could have possibilities if she she’s finished growing.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I still miss Vanessa. I keep hoping to read she has found a new dance partner.
    Announced in GSD on May 6: Vanessa Crone has teamed up with Nikolaj Sorensen

kppt posted in the "Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season" thread in GSD yesterday that Brittany Jones and Ian Beharry have teamed up. Will they be coached by the Wirtzes in Kitchener-Waterloo?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

kppt posted in the "Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season" thread in GSD yesterday that Brittany Jones and Ian Beharry have teamed up. Will they be coached by the Wirtzes in Kitchener-Waterloo?
    never have cared for Jones' skating before but maybe now that she is getting older, she'll be a decent fit for Beharry.

Has there been any news yet on Julianne Seguin finding an age eligible partner for the new season!?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast