Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    She has been spotted giving Barrie.
    WTH does that even mean?

vCash
    I HIGHLY doubt this. This would not make sense at all for either one of them. Whatever "laceup" thinks he/she saw, it was not a broken up team of Bobak/Beharry. They've in fact just finished a whole pile of skating shows around Southwestern Ontario.

Here is a link to an article about them in Goldenskate. It's very fresh - last week fresh. So "laceup"' statement is more than a little far-fetched.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/b...homore-season/

vCash
    Shocking but its true

vCash
    My relative at KW says it's true. Happened earlier this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    WTH does that even mean?
    i was wondering the same thing. I hope it's not true but I guess stranger things have happened. Still I'd be shocked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    WTH does that even mean?
    Sorry, I didn't finish my sentence. She's been giving Barrie a try ... as in skating there this week to see what it's like. Talking to Lee Barkell. I was shocked as well. They had a great season. It is true though. I'm not one to post much and never about rumours.

vCash
    Actually, Bobak and Beharry have split. She has been spotted giving Barrie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    There's no doubt that Eric Radford has paid his dues and deserves every moment of satisfaction that he gets from his high international status.
    ITA. I am thrilled that he and Meagan teamed up and are enjoying so much success. They were awesome this season and I can't wait to see them next year.

Thanks for providing the link to that article, Sylvia.

vCash
    Sorry, I didn't finish my sentence. She's been giving Barrie a try ... as in skating there this week to see what it's like. Talking to Lee Barkell. I was shocked as well. They had a great season. It is true though. I'm not one to post much and never about rumours.
    I'm gobsmacked!! They had/have the potential to be future world champions if they stuck/stick it out together. Shocking!!

Is it perhaps possible that he is on vacation and she is checking out different training environments for when he returns? It wouldn't be the first Wirtz team to move from KW to Barrie.

If they are split, any chance Skate Canada can organize an intervention, find them a sport psychologist and sort through this? By all reports, they got along great as a team. They have something special, intangible, that neither will find elsewhere. It's rare. If it's the training environment, that can be changed. The real stuff that matters is there between them. And unlike her old partner, he treated her well. This is incomprehensible to me.
    Last edited by NorthernDancers; 04-20-2012 at 03:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    I'm gobsmacked!! They had/have the potential to be future world champions if they stuck/stick it out together. Shocking!!

Is it perhaps possible that he is on vacation and she is checking out different training environments for when he returns? It wouldn't be the first Wirtz team to move from KW to Barrie.

If they are split, any chance Skate Canada can organize an intervention, find them a sport psychologist and sort through this? By all reports, they got along great as a team. They have something special, intangible, that neither will find elsewhere. It's rare. If it's the training environment, that can be changed. The real stuff that matters is there between them. And unlike her old partner, he treated her well. This is incomprehensible to me.
    Possibly her partner got a "better" offer........I really hope I'm wrong........poor Katie.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I really wouldn't surprise me if it were true. It's the same thing with the new Russian pairs who have been to a few competitions and they are suddenly the new G/G. Doing well one season isn't enough, new teams need more than that.

vCash
    Shutterbug. What gives you the impression that Katie is the hurt one. If she has been seen in Barrie. Has anyone heard if Ian has a new partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Possibly her partner got a "better" offer........I really hope I'm wrong........poor Katie.
    word is that it was Katie's decision.

vCash
    Shocked about B&B. But I'm glad she is supposedly not with the Wirtzes anymore. Love Lee Barkell as a pairs coach so I hope she sticks with him. Are Jones & Gaskell still together?

Before I read it was her decision, I wondered if Beharry decided to skate with Moore-Towers or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Shocked about B&B. But I'm glad she is supposedly not with the Wirtzes anymore. Love Lee Barkell as a pairs coach so I hope she sticks with him. Are Jones & Gaskell still together?

Before I read it was her decision, I wondered if Beharry decided to skate with Moore-Towers or something.
    Did I miss something? Have Moscovich and Moore-Towers broken up or are you just speculating?
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Did I miss something? Have Moscovich and Moore-Towers broken up or are you just speculating?
    Just because someone dates, doesn't mean they have to skate together. In fact, a review of history would say that in the vast majority of circumstances, especially when the people in question are still young (we are talking about 2 people 20 years old and under), it is way better not to skate and date. MT/M I'm sure are just fine as a team.

I truly hope that Ian finds a wonderful, very talented, even tempered and level-headed young lady to skate with and grow with over the long term. He's a great guy, and very talented.

vCash
    Actually, Bobak and Beharry have split. She has been spotted giving Barrie.
    Where did you get that info? I just interviewed them and there was no hint of a split. Beharry was in Cuba for a family vacation very recently. Maybe that's why Bobak skated without him?
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    spoke with some Barrie ...B/B did split this week, and she left Ian and the Wirtzes

ETA:

Are Jones & Gaskell still together?
    Also, no they are not. Gaskell retired. Maybe Jones and Beharry should team up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    spoke with some Barrie ...B/B did split this week, and she left Ian and the Wirtzes
    So sad to see this confirmed.

I thought they had great potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    Well, that's a really unwise decision on her part. She's pretty much killed her future career in this sport. She could have had a shot at 2014 and 2018. She could have won Junior Worlds next season. She was skating with a really great skater and partner. People look a lifetime for that kind of partnership. I can't see how many will take her seriously going forward. Whoever is advising her needs to give their head(s) a serious shake. They have caused her career irreparable damage. I also have to wonder about the Barrie coaches. If no one else can bother to speak the truth to this girl and those around her, at least they should have tried to keep the winning team together, even if it means not gaining a student. Maybe they did. I hope they did.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast