Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Article summarizing Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford's pre-Worlds media teleconference on Friday: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    They sound like such a great team!

"I always take a moment either when we're traveling to the competition or at some point during the competition, and I take it all in and I kind of say thanks that I have the opportunity to be here, because before all I wanted was to get to this level," Radford said. "Now I'm in the middle of it and I don't want to take it for granted. With each competition -- and even the shows we were doing this year -- I really appreciate it.

"Even when I'm really nervous before the competition, I'll take a deep breath and be like, 'I'm really nervous, but at the same time I'm lucky to be feeling this way.' There are other skaters in Canada and in the world that would love to be in my position."

vCash
    There's no doubt that Eric Radford has paid his dues and deserves every moment of satisfaction that he gets from his high international status.

vCash
    Junior Pair
    Rank Competitor(s) Section SP FP Points
    5 Leah Hyslop / Bob Goodwin WO 33.45 69.37 102.82
    Bob Goodwin is newly listed on icepartnersearch. He turns 21 after July 1, 2012, so has one more season of ISU Junior age eligibility in 2012-13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    So, how many teams do we have that might be considered for JGP assignments in the upcoming season? I’m thinking at least 4, possibly as many as 6: Purdy/Marinaro, Bell/Sylvester, Dejardin/Bilodeau, Rau/Simpson for sure, and possibly Conway/Sherriff-Clayton. Biggest question mark is Bobak/Beharry. They have to skate senior domestically, but I imagine Skate Canada would like to send them to Jr. Worlds again since they’ll still be age eligible. Personally, I’d like to see them go senior, but if the proposed rule change regarding participating in both junior and senior events in the same season passes, that might force them to go junior again if they do want to go back to Jr. Worlds.
    The following are age eligible and not listed as split, hopefuly Canada sends more than 2 teams next year.

Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro S
    Katie Bobak/Ian Beharry J1
    Krystel Desjardins/Charlie Bilodeau J2
    Shalena Rau/Phelan Simpson J4
    Alexandra Young/Matthew Young J6
    Hayleigh Bell/Alistair Sylvester N1
    Dylan Conway/Dustin Sherriff-Clayton N2
    Marie-Laurence Bradette/Félix-Antoine Garne N3
    Jordyn Harper/Shaquille Davis N5
    Julia Mercer/Spencer Buchanan N7
    Sabrina Vigneault/Cédric Savard N9
    Elizabeth Swenor/Rocky Swenor N10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    The following are age eligible and not listed as split, hopefuly Canada sends more than 2 teams next year.

Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro S6
    Katie Bobak/Ian Beharry J1
    Krystel Desjardins/Charlie Bilodeau J2
    Shalena Rau/Phelan Simpson J4
    Alexandra Young/Matthew Young J6
    Hayleigh Bell/Alistair Sylvester N1
    Dylan Conway/Dustin Sherriff-Clayton N2
    Marie-Laurence Bradette/Félix-Antoine Garne N3
    SPLIT - Jordyn Harper/Shaquille Davis N5
    Julia Mercer/Spencer Buchanan N7
    Sabrina Vigneault/Cédric Savard N9
    Elizabeth Swenor/Rocky Swenor N10
    I completely agree that SC needs to send more than 2 teams this coming season. I understand why they didn't send more last year but we seem to be back to having several teams who are close to or meet the criteria again.

vCash
    Based on his twitter (@wesleykilling), I'd say Killing has a new partner. Anyone know who this is?

Also, any word on other tryouts or new pairings?

Is Zoey Brown still looking to do pairs?

vCash
    Kendra Digness and Eric Thiessen. He is new to pairs so she is essentially starting from scratch with him. At 13, she has time....at 19 turning 20 in December, he does not. He'll have a lot of work to do to catch up!

I also heard that Natasha Purich was trying out with Sebastian Arcieri (unconfirmed)

vCash
    My spies tell me that Ray Schultz and Julianne Seguin are trying out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rmomma View Post
    I also heard that Natasha Purich was trying out with Sebastian Arcieri (unconfirmed)
    Let's see, a little info on Sebastian Arcieri ……5’7”, DOB May 17, 1994 (age 17), trains in Saint-Léonard with Val Saurette and Annick Douaire.

Novice Pair SP 2012 Canadians: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19809372

Novice Pair LP 2012 Canadians: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19828296

Attractive boy and quite a nice skater. Looks like his previous partner outgrew him. No glaring errors in his technique as far as I can see, which is not surprising given that he’s been training in Saint-Léonard. He still has 3 years of junior age eligibilty left, so this could be a viable partnership if Natasha does want to skate junior for a couple of years. If they do pair up, the big question might be where to train – with the veteran pair coaches in Saint-Léonard or with Ravi at Ice Palace? (getting a little ahead of myself here )

Good to hear that Wesley Killing may have a new partner. I'd hate to lose any of the boys. Julianne and Ray......not sure about this one, doesn't her icepartnersearch bio say she's looking for a partner who can skate junior?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Bobak/Bhearry are aging out for JGP next season right ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Bobak/Bhearry are aging out for JGP next season right ?
    They have one more season left.

vCash
    Lawrence/Swiegers are in Toronto this week to have their new SP choreographed according to Paige’s Apr. 2nd post on their facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pai...25647904221245

Thank you Labrador City for running a FANTASTIC ice show and for being amazing hosts to Rudi and I. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit Now on to Toronto for a week to start the new short program
    I imagine Toronto = Lane/Razguliaevs again. Looking forward to seeing the new creation.

Stealing info from another thread: Pairs and Dance for 12-13 GP series

PAIRS

Seeded (guar. 2)- Sav/Szol, VoloTranks, TakTran, Pang/Tong, DuhRad, BazLars

7-12 (guar. 2) - Kav/Smir, DenCough, Sui/Han, MarBrubs, BertHot, DubeWolfe

Top 24 SB (guar. 1) - Zhangs, MT/M, Stolbova/Klimov, Evora/Ladwig, Yu/Jin, Lawrence/Swiegers, Vise/Baldwin, Vartmann/Van Cleave, Davankova/Deputat, Bobak/Beharry, James/Cipres

Top 24 WR (guar. 1)- Hausch/Wende, Gerboldt/Enbert, Kemp/King, Dong/Wu
    Any speculation on Skate Canada’s choices for the fall senior B event (Nebelhorn or the possible new US Senior B) and the host picks for Skate Canada? D/W are unlikely to get either since they are already guaranteed 2 GP events. Most likely choices for SC would seem to be D/R, MT/M and L/S. But, this does set up a bit of a conflict as both D/R and MT/M will be vying for spots in the GPF. For the Senior B team, possibly B/B (if they’re skating senior) and Steele/Schultz? This would make sense since the two teams share coaches.

vCash
    Another article on Craig Buntin and his TeaBean™ White Coffee business: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Another article on Craig Buntin and his TeaBean™ White Coffee business: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Thanks, Sylvia. Victor Kraatz even made a comment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    Based on his twitter (@wesleykilling), I'd say Killing has a new partner. Anyone know who this is??
    Jordyn Harper

vCash
    "Bobak and Beharry look forward to sophomore season": http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/b...homore-season/
    For the fall season, Bobak and Beharry plan to make good use of their final year of junior international eligibility and return to the Junior Grand Prix competitions. Domestically, they are planning to make their senior debut at the 2013 Canadian Championships.

“We’re going to work on redefining our look a little bit from last year since we were so new to each other,” shared Bobak. “This year, we’re more comfortable together, so we’ll be looking at maturing our overall look and incorporating more difficult elements into our programs so that we can compete with the big guys.”

Beharry continued, “We’re working on stroking, and we want to learn some new lifts for next season. We’re also working on getting new throws and jumps so that we can add them to our programs next season as well.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-15-2012 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    "Bobak and Beharry look forward to sophomore season": http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/b...homore-season/
    A little disappointed that they’re staying junior, but very pleased to hear they have a long list of things they plan to work on. New throw = 3flip or 3lutz I’m guessing? That’s one thing about the Wirtz’s, they are not afraid to push their skaters.

“While high, it’s a goal we feel as coaches they are capable of attaining,” said Kris. “It would also be good to see them step up into senior nationals and see where they fit into the whole national story!”
    Oh yes, nats will be VERY interesting………betting it won't be long before we see 2 Wirtz teams on the podium…….

vCash
    Actually, Bobak and Beharry have split. She has been spotted giving Barrie.

vCash
    Actually, Bobak and Beharry have split. She has been spotted giving Barrie.
    Can anyone confirm this??? Absolutely unexpected!

vCash
    What was she spotted doing? Was she skating with someone else?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast