Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's fascinating to hear comments from other people watching the same program, and see how subjective much of this is. I love the program. Other people don't. I don't see transitions in the front half and lack of transitions in the second half, and I CERTAINLY don't see a regression from where they were two years ago (completely the opposite, in my opinion).

I can't argue those points, if that's what those posters are seeing. I simply don't see what they're seeing, though.

vCash
    HeatherC! Here's her video of Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's winning SP (56.49) from Indy Challenge yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4civUX1YDvA
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I like both programs ( including the dash of perk in the SP )..not everyone can do it.

I see really nice improvement in line and finish for Kirsten , too... And I'm not leaving Dylan out either..he made a big improvement in these areas year before last and has obviously kept going with it.

So far , I'm charmed.

vCash
    Thanks for posting the links. I don't think the LP is Bohemian Rhapsody, surely? Sounds like Who Wants to Live Forever from The Highlander - still a Queen song though.

I really enjoyed the SP especially. It was just different for a pairs program imo and kept my interest throughout for all the little moves everywhere that added to the character. Quite charming.
    Last edited by Skate Talker; 08-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Thanks for posting the links. I don't think the LP is Bohemian Rhapsody, surely? Sounds like Who Wants to Live Forever from The Highlander - still a Queen song though.

I really enjoyed the SP especially. It was just different for a pairs program imo and kept my interest throughout for all the little moves everywhere that added to the character. Quite charming.
    It's both, actually. The first part is Bohemian Rhapsody, the second is Who Wants to Live Forever, and I believe at the end it goes back to Bohemian Rhapsody.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    HeatherC! Here's her video of Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's winning SP (56.49) from Indy Challenge yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4civUX1YDvA
    Thank you Heather C! Really like the SP so far and look forward to seeing it when it has more mileage on it

vCash
    M-T/M's SP is just mindblowing.

The complexity of the choreography and the amount of transitions is just .

FS is not as good but at least it's clear the basics have improved.

I am really impressed with how they have developed since last season.

Maybe they needed that kick in the arse (4th at Canadians) to make such big changes.

vCash
    I'm completely struck by how Kirsten has changed her alignment. Her body has opened up and everything's extended from her core. That twist looks great because the rotations seem easy, not powering through it. It's like when Patrick Chan deconstructed the quad and realized if he set it up properly it would just happen. It looks like it affected her jumping too - like it's easier to save a jump or throw because she's so centered now and the mechanics of her rotations are just spot on.

I love the sp. Love it. I also like the long. I don't think anybody has a clip of the Indy lp performance? That's the one that got everyone excited. The Skate Detroit performance was good but I'd say there was a phrase after the split twist that looks as if it's place holding and maybe something else is going to go there. I have no issues with the lifts - everybody uses their best stuff year after year, just places it differently. There are slight variants on the lifts and that's just about what every pairs team does.
    Last edited by Subway; 08-06-2012 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    I love the sp. Love it. I also like the long. I don't think anybody has a clip of the Indy lp performance? That's the one that got everyone excited.
    I'd stay tuned -- I think HeatherC, who uploaded the SP videos from Indy Challenge, likely captured their LP as well. It was fabulous. USA's Donlan/Speroff were even among the audience members who gave them an immediate standing ovation - it was that good!

vCash

vCash
    I loved it! Thanks for posting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Thank you!

vCash
    That was fabulous! Can't wait to see it this year in competition. They look so improved and so much more a matured team together. I've always loved him but she looked amazing in this program. Good for them!

ETA: Thanks, Proustable, for posting!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash

Thumbs up

That was really great! She looks amazing and way to land everything!

Thank you for posting.

vCash
    What a difference in emotion in just one week hope it really grows down the road.

I think they can learn from V&M to draw people into their world rather than projecting out - this kind of music and program could have that effect.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Loved it! Thank you! This is the first year where I feel they're not Wirtz clones anymore .. they're still powerful but a lot more elegant. Not sure if that makes sense .. can't think how to explain it.

vCash
    That makes sense, Alixana. I was thinking the same thing. I really like the gentleness they now seem to have. I wasn't a fan in the past but am thrilled to see their evolution.

vCash
    Loved it. I am such a fan of MT-M, spunk, personality and all.

vCash
    Indy Challenge FS of Paige Lawrence/Rudi Swiegers (3rd in FS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcC9xqXuYg

Indy doesn't combine SP & FS scores since they're considered separate events, but here are the combined total scores of the Canadian teams:

SENIOR
    1 Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN 1 1 183.93 (56.49 SP, 127.44 FS)
    2 Lawrence/Swiegers CAN 6 3 150.81 (49.49, 101.32)
    Purdy/Marinaro CAN 5 (49.65 SP)

JUNIOR
    1 Jones/Beharry 1 2 126.29 (44.88, 81.41)
    3 Rau/Simpson 6 1 120.01 (35.86, 84.15)
    6 Orr/Furiano 4 9 107.45 (40.40, 67.05)

Cross-posting:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    More articles:

Icenetwork.com: "New-look Canadians win senior short at Indy"
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Icenetwork.com: "Moore-Towers, Moscovitch go 'all out' in Indy free"
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks! I'm so impressed with how smooth everything has become, in her skating in particular. So much control and she's taking her time without sacrificing the speed you'd want at this point in the pre-season. I think she's holding out on all of the things she worked on off-season. It's not just the 3 twist and more mature choreography. Their blades are quieter, everything is all-of-a piece. Nice flow. I am probably totally projecting but she gives me the feeling of somebody who's discovered something new about skating and she really seems to be absorbed in it and loving it. Much more powerful skater now.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast