Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    http://flic.kr/s/aHsjANFtgw

Rau/Simpson, Jones/Beharry, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch & Orr/Furiano
    Very nice! Will you be shooting any of the summer competitions?

Very small pairs field at Thornhill this year. Lawrence/Swiegers are the lone entrants in senior. Only 3 teams in junior, Conway/Sheriff-Clayton, Bell/Sylvester, and the new team of Julia Plechko & Alexander Sheldrick. Novice entrants are Elizabeth Swenor & Rocky Swenor and Renata Wong & Henry Su.

Conway/Sheriff-Clayton will also be at Skate Detroit.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    As usual Danielle some very beautiful pictures - you have a real eye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Very nice! Will you be shooting any of the summer competitions?

Very small pairs field at Thornhill this year. Lawrence/Swiegers are the lone entrants in senior. Only 3 teams in junior, Conway/Sheriff-Clayton, Bell/Sylvester, and the new team of Julia Plechko & Alexander Sheldrick. Novice entrants are Elizabeth Swenor & Rocky Swenor and Renata Wong & Henry Su.

Conway/Sheriff-Clayton will also be at Skate Detroit.
    Thank you so much everyone!

I will be at Skate Detroit (working on getting accreditation, they're reluctant to give it) but I'll probably take pictures from the stands if not allowed on the judges side.
    Then I'm off to Indy, where I DO have permission to take photos of the Junior and Senior events.
    After that, Justine Chiu and I are shooting Thornhill Summer Skate as the official photographers!

I will also be at Summer Sizzle but I'm working for D'Asti Photogrpahy so I wont be able to share any photos if there are pairs in that competition.

I'm very excited though!

vCash
    Have Steele/Schultz left the Wirtzes? Or just absent from the sim?

vCash
    They didn't skate at sims yesterday. They're definitely still with Kris and Kristy!

vCash
    Skater groups are posted for Skate Detroit (next weekend), and quite a few CAN pairs are entered: http://evt.sk8stuff.com/lister_event_detail.asp?id=4475

Skate Detroit -- CAN Senior Pairs entered (7 teams total each in SP & FS):
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch
    Purdy & Marianaro
    Steele & Schultz

Skate Detroit -- CAN Junior Pairs entered (11 teams entered total each in SP & FS):
    Bell & Sylvester
    Conway & Sherriff-Clayton
    Jones & Beharry
    Orr & Furiano
    Rau & Simpson

Indy Challenge -- Canadian Senior Pairs entered (14 teams entered total):
    Lawrence/Swiegers
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch
    Purdy & Marianaro
    Steele & Schultz (Withdrew since the deadline)

Indy Challenge -- Canadian Junior Pairs entered (14 teams entered total)
    Conway & Sherriff-Clayton (Withdrew since the deadline)
    Jones & Beharry
    Orr & Furiano
    Rau & Simpson

vCash
    Steele/Schultz weren't at Skate Detroit, where they had registered, and withdrew from Indy (see post above). There aren't any senior pairs at either Summer Sizzle or Thornhill, so they aren't going there. I'm curious what's going on. I hope it's just that their programs aren't competition-ready, and not that they are injured.

It is strange for a team not to be doing any summer competitions. Before Canadians they could still do Isabelle Henderson, Georges-Ethier or Octoberfest, I guess. Has anybody heard any news about this team? They seem to be keeping a low profile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Steele/Schultz weren't at Skate Detroit, where they had registered, and withdrew from Indy (see post above). There aren't any senior pairs at either Summer Sizzle or Thornhill, so they aren't going there. I'm curious what's going on. I hope it's just that their programs aren't competition-ready, and not that they are injured.

It is strange for a team not to be doing any summer competitions. Before Canadians they could still do Isabelle Henderson, Georges-Ethier or Octoberfest, I guess. Has anybody heard any news about this team? They seem to be keeping a low profile.
    I heard that she's in a cast, which is why they have had to withdraw from several of the summer competitions thus far. I wonder what Schultz will be doing in the meantime. It could be a rough year for them both if she isn't back on the ice soon.

vCash
    Any news on Katie Bobak? Has she retired or is she looking for a new partner?

vCash
    Canadian pairs' results/scores at Skate Detroit last week (SP and FS were separate events; I've combined the scores):

SENIOR
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch 59.47 (1st in SP) + 116.67 (1st in FS) = 176.14
    Purdy & Marinaro 48.00 (4th in SP) + 92.66 (4th in FS) = 140.66

JUNIOR
    Rau & Simpson 36.02 (7th in SP) + 82.29 (2nd in FS) = 118.31
    Jones & Beharry 41.17 (3rd in SP) + 70.61 (7th in FS) = 111.78
    Orr & Furiano 40.59 (5th in SP) + 67.48 (10th in FS) = 108.07
    Bell & Sylvester 35.45 (8th in SP) + 70.92 (6th in FS) = 106.37
    Conway & Sherriff-Clayton 34.40 (9th in SP) + 58.26 (11th in FS) = 92.68

The 3 pairs assigned to Lake Placid JGP and the listed substitutes:
    Krystel DESJARDINS / Charlie BILODEAU CAN 2
    Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO CAN 2
    Shalena RAU / Phelan SIMPSON CAN 2
    Subs:
    Hayleigh BELL / Alistair SYLVESTER
    Brittany JONES / Ian BEHARRY (new)
    Natasha PURICH / Sebastien ARCIERI (new)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    According to this, MT/M are skating to a “waltz with Parisian sounds” for their SP and Bohemian Rhapsody for their FP. Hopefully we get music info for some of the other teams from Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Canadian pairs' results/scores at Skate Detroit last week (SP and FS were separate events; I've combined the scores):

SENIOR
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch 59.47 (1st in SP) + 116.67 (1st in FS) = 176.14
    Purdy & Marinaro 48.00 (4th in SP) + 92.66 (4th in FS) = 140.66

JUNIOR
    Rau & Simpson 36.02 (7th in SP) + 82.29 (2nd in FS) = 118.31
    Jones & Beharry 41.17 (3rd in SP) + 70.61 (7th in FS) = 111.78
    Orr & Furiano 40.59 (5th in SP) + 67.48 (10th in FS) = 108.07
    Bell & Sylvester 35.45 (8th in SP) + 70.92 (6th in FS) = 106.37
    Conway & Sherriff-Clayton 34.40 (9th in SP) + 58.26 (11th in FS) = 92.68
    Decent scores for MT/M for early in the season. Bit of a rough SP skate for Rau & Simpson, but a good rebound in the free.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote by craycray1973 (don't know why it didn't work right) "I heard that she's in a cast, which is why they have had to withdraw from several of the summer competitions thus far."

Hopefully the cast is on her arm and not a leg. I thought last year when she landed a triple at Cup of China that her jumps were coming along but when the triple wasn't in their program at Nationals it makes you wonder??? I leg injury on an already "iffy" jumper wouldn't be a good thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    Quote by craycray1973 (don't know why it didn't work right) "I heard that she's in a cast, which is why they have had to withdraw from several of the summer competitions thus far."

Hopefully the cast is on her arm and not a leg. I thought last year when she landed a triple at Cup of China that her jumps were coming along but when the triple wasn't in their program at Nationals it makes you wonder??? I leg injury on an already "iffy" jumper wouldn't be a good thing
    Knowing the Wirtz camp, they played the "game" at Nationals, and with the clean skate Steele/Schulz had, it obviously was a great choice.
    The season is still young, and its always the best decision to heal, rather than make any kind of injury worse.

vCash
    Here's Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's winning Senior Pairs FS at Skate Detroit to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNIMjLJ1Rs
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's winning Senior Pairs FS at Skate Detroit to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNIMjLJ1Rs
    Love the music, it'll be a great program for them if skated clean and with more speed. Looks great so far, good for them. No perk here, either, I noticed! Just big and bold. Looking forward to seeing it this season in competition.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Thanks for posting the link, Sylvia!

I love it too, and echo the response that it needs a bit more speed in places and also some finetuning (the last lift, for example). However, for an early-season performance, that was excellent.

She really has improved her line and stretch compared to last season. The choreography is a step up from last season also, IMO. It's not a character-driven piece, as many of their programs have been to date, but rather a music-driven piece. I'm not sure they could have handled this last year; now they can, and they do it well . . . good work on their part.

vCash
    I know it's a new program and definitely will improve. That being said, I hate the way pairs programs are constructed these days, saving most elements for the last half. The first half had transitions, but then the throws and the lifts just made it look element to element. It's smart to choreograph for points, but I find it meh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I know it's a new program and definitely will improve. That being said, I hate the way pairs programs are constructed these days, saving most elements for the last half. The first half had transitions, but then the throws and the lifts just made it look element to element. It's smart to choreograph for points, but I find it meh.
    You can blame their choreographer for that, not the way pairs programs are constructed. Their coach could have used this whole time to really take this team out of the box but they seemed to have regressed. They are even doing the same one-knee lift that slows him down to a crawl. I miss the team from 2010. They have time to get the speed I have seen in the past but I miss the energy behind the moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    You can blame their choreographer for that, not the way pairs programs are constructed. Their coach could have used this whole time to really take this team out of the box but they seemed to have regressed. They are even doing the same one-knee lift that slows him down to a crawl. I miss the team from 2010. They have time to get the speed I have seen in the past but I miss the energy behind the moves.
    I was happy to see that they added a new position to a lift, but was dismayed to see the star position still used so much...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    She really has improved her line and stretch compared to last season.
    No kidding: it was noticeable even though she was wearing black tights, which accentuate every flaw in general.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast