Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    never have cared for Jones' skating
    Me either! I wish he had pick Sequin ... or worked things out with Bobak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    kppt posted in the "Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season" thread in GSD yesterday that Brittany Jones and Ian Beharry have teamed up. Will they be coached by the Wirtzes in Kitchener-Waterloo?
    Yes, they are in KW with the Wirtzes.

vCash
    Update on Steele & Shultz

The pair will compete at Skate Detroit in July, the Indy Challenge in August, and are still waiting to hear about international competitions they’ll be a part of.

They’re working on adding new elements to their routine — including triple flips and triple throws — to help them compete against the best skaters in the world.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Jessica Dubé/Sébastien Wolfe are registered to compete at Liberty (SP only) again this year.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Was very disappointed when MT/M skated bad at nationals. They really impressed me during the Grand prix events and i believe they would have got 3 spots for Canada at worlds if they had competed instead of dube/wolfe

vCash
    Nice to see there are some good options for the jgp circuit this year.

vCash
    Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford are both now on Twitter: @mhjd_85 & Rad85E

June 18 tweet from Meagan:

Back from vacation! Working on the new long program!

vCash
    Wheeee! The competitive season starts today (thanks Sylvia!): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...8&postcount=55

Summer Chiller in Fort Myers, Florida
    Sr Pairs: Kemp/King GBR, Lawrence/Swiegers CAN, Davis/Ladwig (SP only - their competition debut as a new team), Zhang/Bartholomay, Kayne/O'Shea (new)
    Event info: Olympians to participate in Fort Myers Skatium Summer Chiller event

Good luck Paige & Rudi!

ETA: Might have spoken too soon - Paige & Rudi withdrew from the SP. Will check the results tomorrow to see if they did the FP.
    Last edited by shutterbug; 06-24-2012 at 04:38 AM.

vCash
    It would appear that the new team of Wesley Killing and Jordyn Harper has split. He has posted on twitter that he has a tryout with Julia in Montreal coming up. I would assume he's referring to Julia Mercer (N7)

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Can't wait to see what Eric and Meagan have in store for us this season! Love them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    ETA: Might have spoken too soon - Paige & Rudi withdrew from the SP. Will check the results tomorrow to see if they did the FP.
    A local Florida article published after the SP mentioned that Lawrence/Swiegers "did not compete today [Saturday 6/23] because of a training injury." L/S also withdrew from the FS on Sunday morning - hope it's not serious and they will be back to full strength soon!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The 2 new teams of Natasha Purich/Sébastian Arcieri (Junior) and Julia Mercer/Wesley Killing (Novice) are registered for the Québec Summer Championships in August - link to the event thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84094

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    A local Florida article published after the SP mentioned that Lawrence/Swiegers "did not compete today [Saturday 6/23] because of a training injury." L/S also withdrew from the FS on Sunday morning - hope it's not serious and they will be back to full strength soon!
    Thanks for the info Sylvia. Hope all is OK with them.

Maxime Deschamps also appears to have found a new partner - he's on the list to compete with Naomie Boudreau at the Québec Summer Championships.

vCash
    Simon-Pierre Coté is on icepartnersearch: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4078

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Was very disappointed when MT/M skated bad at nationals. They really impressed me during the Grand prix events and i believe they would have got 3 spots for Canada at worlds if they had competed instead of dube/wolfe
    I agree with you. It would have made better sense to ignore the meltdown at Canadians and sent them on to Worlds, while Dube/Wolfe got more seasoning at the 4CC's. Its just ridiculous how MTM were cut off at the knees, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    I agree with you. It would have made better sense to ignore the meltdown at Canadians and sent them on to Worlds, while Dube/Wolfe got more seasoning at the 4CC's. Its just ridiculous how MTM were cut off at the knees, IMO.
    MT/M wouldn't have done very well at Worlds anyway based on their performances during the year. The highest score they've got was 177.43, that would have put them 10th in a best case scenario. This just wasn't their year.

vCash
    So what was Meagan and Eric's highest score throught the year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesskating View Post
    So what was Meagan and Eric's highest score throught the year?
    185.41 at Worlds

vCash
    Of course, prior to Worlds D/R's season-best international score was 176.62 at TEB. If skaters train to peak at Worlds, those scores should be higher than what comes in the GP. As it stands, looking purely at those results, the two teams were in a pretty similar range prior to Nationals, though of course it's comparing scores across different events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Of course, prior to Worlds D/R's season-best international score was 176.62 at TEB. If skaters train to peak at Worlds, those scores should be higher than what comes in the GP. As it stands, looking purely at those results, the two teams were in a pretty similar range prior to Nationals, though of course it's comparing scores across different events.
    D/R had 3 deductions in the free at TEB it was a terrible competition for them. MT/M couldn't even get on the podium at nationals after winner the year before; I doubt they would have made up 20 points above their personal best to be in realm of K/S and B/L at Worlds when they couldn't even get to the GPF or beat D/W or L/S at CN.

I have no doubt they are regrouping and will be much stronger this year. But they certainly didn't deserve to be sent with last seasons performances.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast