vCash

The Amazing Race--Season 20 Cast (More Cross CBS Show Casting)

Yes, the rumors were true.

Brendon & Rachel from Big Brother were cast for season 20 of the Amazing Race:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/t...-cbs-13064.php

Will they be a strong team like Rob & Amber or flame out like Ethan & Jenna and Jordan & Jeff!?!?

And word on the net is that Joey "Fitness" Lasalla is Snooki's personal trainer! Guess CBS wanted to tap into the Jersey Shore watching crowd!

Any thoughts!!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Will they be a strong team like Rob & Amber or flame out like Ethan & Jenna and Jordan & Jeff!?!?
    I'm predicting they'll flame out. I can't see them working well together at all.

vCash
    Brendon and Rachel will be 'FIERCE COMPETITORS', and nobody better mess with Rachel's man. Can we have a drinking game for home times thoses phrases are said?
    One guarantee - entertainment and Rachel freaking out over something trivial.

vCash
    Oh God.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    They better be out early. I don´t understand why they feel the need to do this, arent the ratings fine without adding this trash?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I've never watched Big Brother so I have no clue who they are. But even just the few comments here already make me hate them.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I actually came to appreciate Rachel...but I loathe the stunt casting between Survivor/Big Brother and TAR. There are plenty of more interesting people in the world to run this race than people who've already been on CBS reality shows
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I've never watched Big Brother so I have no clue who they are. But even just the few comments here already make me hate them.
    This, but I'm always glad when TAR is back on the air.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I actually came to appreciate Rachel...but I loathe the stunt casting between Survivor/Big Brother and TAR. There are plenty of more interesting people in the world to run this race than people who've already been on CBS reality shows
    Thank you. My favorites usually wind up being some "regular joes" no one's ever heard of.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Brendan and Rachel are both highly competitive. They'll likely do well at both physical and mental challenges, and are fearless enough to take on just about anything.

They both think Brendan is the smart one, but IMO it's Rachel who has the brains in that relationship. She did much better (and was much more likable) when she had to play BB on her own - otherwise she bows to her man too often, and it could cost them if she continues to feed his ego and let him make decisions or take the lead on a challenge.

If anything does them in, it will be that, and the constant between them. If they do well, it will be ability, but more so their determination and competitive drive.

I haven't watched AR in years, but I will tune in just to see how these two do. I actually think this is way better casting than Jeff and Jordan.

vCash
    I disliked Rachel/Brendon so much that I did not bother to watch BB the 2nd time they were on it. I will be hoping they go out quickly so I can enjoy the season but have a feeling....As I recall she is good at challenges.

I'll Check my collar, collar, hey, hey, ey
    vCash
    Oh, no. Clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Oh, no. Clowns.
    For real. Worse, they call themselves the "ambassadors of laughter"

Speaking of branding, I hate these two already just for a trainer renaming (/ attempting to rename) himself "Fitness" ...
    "Friends" Joey "Fitness" Lasalla and Danny Horal

Fitness is a 29-year-old trainer and supplement company owner from Whitestone, NY, and Danny is ...
    I could three alpha male-esque teams. Ooh, the haterz must already be knashing their teeth on TWoP and Survivor Sucks.

vCash
    I don't usually mind the stunt casting (I had no clue who Rob and Amber or Jeff and Jordan were) but I hate Rachel and Brendan. I couldn't think of a more annoying team.

I honestly don't think I'll be watching, as now I have another show on Sunday night. Amazing Race used to be my absolute favorite show, but my interest has waned. I miss seeing the ordinary people of the first few season. And since everyone on this season is young, I don't think we are going to get much but fame-whores.

The show has gotten way too predictable, and at times boring. It needs to figure out a way to shake things up.

vCash
    Boo - no grandparent team. I would have thought after the recent success of Bill & Cathi, they would have included one.

Brendan & Rachel. I am not going to like them at all. Unless she loses and goes crying in the bushes for half an hour like she did on Big Brother. That was entertainment at it's finest and a fantastic ab workout from laughing so hard.

I hope they go to some awesome locations this year!

vCash
    TAR posted a promo on Facebook about amazing 'freakouts' and, wouldn't you know, it shows Rachel wailing on the streets in a foreign country. I swear, if they last more than 3 episodes I might have to tune out for the season.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...#!/amazingrace

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Phil Keoghan's documentary, The Ride, about his bicycle ride across America to raise $1 million for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society will premier on Showtime on Feb 18th (one night before the start of TAR's new season).

I recall reading about his trip when the documentary was showing in theaters and I gather some former TAR racers met up with Phil and his team at various stops along the route, but I'm not sure if they made the movie or not.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett