Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    No, but it sure is better than being poor. It does buy time to be exhausted and time to find yourself without having all this pesky worries like where the next meal is coming from.
    WORD!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Been depressed. Had meds. Tossed them. Got over it (which really translates to got over myself) instead. Had an eating disorder. I deal with it. If you've got time to be depressed, you have too much free time. Get over it and accept life isn't about rainbows and butterflies and constant positive affirmations.
    You are totally clueless.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    As has already been said, having that money means she can check into the hospital for "exhaustion." Could you imagine going to the hospital claiming you have exhaustion and then trying to get your insurance to pay for it? Not to mention the time you miss from work.
    A number of my former co-workers did and our insurance paid/pays for it. Lowly developers and marketing people, for example. Many more in the emergency room thinking they were about to have a heart attack, though.

Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    If she just was feeling down and sad and needed rest, I am sure she wouldn't have checked in to a hospital.
    I thought that's what fancy spas were for. Being in a hospital, even the nice ones, is no fun and games.

What confused me about the "Star" article was that she was being treated for anorexia. Would doctors be able to diagnose it so early, if it was supposedly set off by her separation? If she were at a normal slender weight, could it have created seizures this early?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I'm not necessarily a fan of The Donald, but if you've read any interview with either Ivana or Melania, they are both extremely intelligent, well-educated, spirited women. I think you make a lot of assumptions about them just because of the age gap and their physical appearance.
    Correct. I have made assumptions.

I've no doubt that Melania is intelligent and spirited. A man like Trump can find a woman who is smart as well as beautiful. But I do think that a trade-off is required to marry Trump . The prescription of beauty in exchange for money has limitations and when your beauty is the currency that gets you luxury and status, there is usually a trade-off. Trump has power and authority, and he needs adoration. I think it is fair to say that he is not looking for an equal partner. Not to mention, one of the problems with a much younger partner, for both men and women, is an inequality of life experience. When a man of 70 marries a woman of 25, there is an obvious gap in life experience.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    As a side comment, I looked at my boarding pass for the ferry from Vancouver Island to Tsawassen (on my way home to Vancouver), it said "COUGAR". I thought that might be the name of the ferry, but when they did the "You may be asked to abandon ship..." safety announcement, they called it the Coastal Celebration. Hmmmm...
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456