Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Tonya Harding appeared in "Breakaway" playing the girlfriend of a criminal. And then there's her infamous "Wedding Night Video" ...
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Michelle Kwan appeared as a commentator in the movie about the young girl figure skater. I can't remember the title.
    Ice Princess, IIRC.

Also, the Duchesnay appeared in a movie about their own life : Le feu sur la glace (translation : Fire on ice, but I don't know the real name in english).

vCash
    Vera Hruba Ralston (CZE) went to Hollywood in the early 40's and became "The Queen of Poverty Row" courtesy of 26 movies made for Republic Pictures. She got the name "Ralston" from a cereal box.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Wasn't Michelle Kwan in Ice Princess?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Vera Hruba Ralston (CZE) went to Hollywood in the early 40's and became "The Queen of Poverty Row" courtesy of 26 movies made for Republic Pictures. She got the name "Ralston" from a cereal box.
    I was googling Vera Ralston and found out about another skater-turned movie star I didn't know about before:

Belita

Another article about Belita

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Wasn't Michelle Kwan in Ice Princess?
    Yes, as a commentator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Julie Benz played the 'guidance counselor/FBI agent' in the TV series Roswell. She was pretty good. I had no idea she was a figure skater.
    That's right, she was Kathleen Topolsky in that series.
    Wow, you have a good memory to go back that far!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004748/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post

That's one Cohen bit part I hadn't heard of. I did see her in the CSI: NY episode-I'm a huge fan of the series.
    The episiode was "Silent Night", also had Marlee Matlin guest-star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    Didn´t Tara had a main character in a movie? It was something with Angel in the title i think. The other main character was Nicholle Tom from "The Nanny". It was even shown on German TV!!! But I guess it was a made for TV movie, not for cinema. If that counts, then Tanja Szewczenko also played a main character in a German TV movie called "Kasachstan Lady". And she was in severall German TV soaps as a main character. Right now she´s a police woman...
    Tanja played "Diana" in Alles was Zahlt, a fairly far-fetched daytime German soap (which for some reason I am totally addicted to ) Funnily enough, Diana was an ice skater in the show, and becomes World champion! LOL. There are quite a few clips of Tanja skating and jumping. She left in about 2010 I believe. Tanja is a policewoman in "real life" now?! Random.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Tanja played "Diana" in Alles was Zahlt, a fairly far-fetched daytime German soap (which for some reason I am totally addicted to ) Funnily enough, Diana was an ice skater in the show, and becomes World champion! LOL. There are quite a few clips of Tanja skating and jumping. She left in about 2010 I believe. Tanja is a policewoman in "real life" now?! Random.
    OMG, this TV-serie in which Tanja played Diana was an horror. Really ridiculous. Usually, I don't care about stupid series, but I've never been able to watch this one more than 5 minutes ! lol

vCash
    Tara was in "Ice Angel". I think she played herself. BTW. does anyone knpow if Michelle Kwan has ral plans as a Commentator?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    does anyone knpow if Michelle Kwan has ral plans as a Commentator?
    I guess it's possible Kwan might do an occasional special appearance as a TV skating commentator, but from her recent interviews around her Hall of Fame induction at 2012 Nationals in San Jose, it sounds like she is focusing much less on skating these days and much more on a new and different career (perhaps in public diplomacy/policy or something else).

Tanja played "Diana" in Alles was Zahlt, a fairly far-fetched daytime German soap
    U.S. pair skater/national champ Katie Orscher spent about 2 years in Germany (2007-08) and was the skating double for Tanja Szewchenko while she (Tanja) was still getting back in jumping shape for her role.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geod2 View Post
    That's right, she was Kathleen Topolsky in that series.
    Wow, you have a good memory to go back that far!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004748/

Back that far? To 1999?? Some of us can remember Mork & Mindy and Welcome Back, Kotter, youngster.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    U.S. pair skater/national champ Katie Orscher spent about 2 years in Germany (2007-08) and was the skating double for Tanja Szewchenko while she (Tanja) was still getting back in jumping shape for her role.
    Oh cool, I didn't know that - I did wonder, as the jumps you see her do are triples. I was wondering if Tanja was in great shape, it's edited or what.

Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    OMG, this TV-serie in which Tanja played Diana was an horror. Really ridiculous. Usually, I don't care about stupid series, but I've never been able to watch this one more than 5 minutes ! lol
    It really is awful, BUT it owns it's awfulness It's weird, as I don't watch ANY TV, yet watch this consistently. I think it knows how bad it is and actually just takes the pi$$ out of itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Back that far? To 1999?? Some of us can remember Mork & Mindy and Welcome Back, Kotter, youngster.
    lol!

I'm a good deal older than you, so I'll gladly wear the title "youngster" anytime it's offered these days!

Anyway, it's not like JB was even remotely as well-known as M&M and WB,K back then,
    so remembering that little JB career detail from 12-13 years ago was impressive, at least to me...

-

vCash
    No, Tanja is a police woman in a TV-Series. The name of it is "Ein Fall für die Arnheimer". As much as I´m a fan of Tanja, I never watched it. Her daughter Jona also had or has a role in this series. BTW, I cried hundreds of tears when she became world champion in "Alles was zählt" because she skated to her "Speed"-LP as she did in the 1997/1998 season. It was soooo great to see her skate it again! She nearly had all the jumps by that time again. She´s still skating singles and pairs with Norman Jeschke... Would be sooo great to see her live on the ice again!

vCash
    ^ahh, she PLAYS a policewoman! That makes more sense

Keep it quiet, but I also got a bit misty-eyed when she won and I agree, her skating actually looks really good!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    And there is "Hot Ice"-russian soup opera about figure skating with Yagudin,Kostomarov,Slutskaya,Abt,Tikhnov,Averbukh ,Drobiazko and Vanagas.
    Trailer with some of the skating stars
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd8WK__KCvo
    Alexander Abt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfd8utkLnY
    Drobiazko/Vanagas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxX20UkA2Fw
    Yagudin and Slutaskaya
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZTRIIbLtU
    Alexey Tikhonov
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMWnPMGYqMk
    Ilia Averbukh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAEF3Cft7w
    This is realllllly a long shot but does anyone have any idea if this show is somehow available with English subtitles?

vCash
    Bumping this up.

Russell Peters' Breakaway is on CBC tonight. There is a pair of ice dancers in one scene. Does anyone know who they are?

vCash
    Brian Joubert will act in a comedy TV series in France!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast