Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I don't know. I haven't seen Moneyball, yet, so I can't comment on that. But I don't think I've ever really enjoyed Pitt. He comes across as fake to me. I've never left one of his movies thinking "Wow, he was fantastic!". Though I agree that he has picked more challenging roles than Clooney, I think Clooney comes across more natural than Pitt does, even if he tends to play himself.
    I remember leaving "Thelma and Louise" asking WHO was that? I loved him in that film. And I know I was not the only one asking.

My elderly mother loves old Hollywood and of course has made the Cloony/ Cary Grant connection. But she also believes Matt Damon is well on his way to being as beloved as Jimmy Stewart. I like Damon but that is one tall order. As for Pitt and old Hollywood---Warren Beatty?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Brad Pitt has been pretty in many of his films. However, I'm not sure there is one role of Pitt's that Edward Norton couldn't have done a far superior job. Maybe "A River Runs Through It"?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Brad Pitt has been pretty in many of his films. However, I'm not sure there is one role of Pitt's that Edward Norton couldn't have done a far superior job. Maybe "A River Runs Through It"?
    Agree on all counts: Whoever played that role had to be physically mesmerizing imho. I love what his father said about him at the end. But sometimes pretty is okay with me. I look at Warren Beatty in "Heaven Can Wait" and think he was perfectly cast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Norton wouldn't have generated any heat playing against Jolie in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Also, can you picture Norton playing the Greek warrior Achilles in "Troy" ?
    Last edited by orbitz; 01-31-2012 at 03:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Norton wouldn't have generated any heat playing against Jolie in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Also, can you picture Norton playing the Greek warrior Achilles in "Troy" ?
    No on "Troy" but maybe with Jolie. I don't know your ages but I distinctly remember some contest years ago (1980's) where men voted Cindy Crawford sexiest tv personality and women voted Patrick Stewart as sexiest. One a supermodel and the other a short, older, bald man. But I agreed with the choice. I don't think Norton has to be sexy but is good enough an actor to play sexy. Does that make sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I don't think Norton has to be sexy but is good enough an actor to play sexy. Does that make sense?
    You just have to get him into the right sexy role. Norton was very steamy with Naomi Watts in The Painted Veil, which was a period piece set in China. I'm hard pressed to think of any other sexy roles he's had, though.

Brad Pitt has that strapping handsome hunk thing going on, even though he's taken a lot of unusual roles, while Edward Norton has more of a everyman, intellectual vibe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    No on "Troy" but maybe with Jolie. I don't know your ages but I distinctly remember some contest years ago (1980's) where men voted Cindy Crawford sexiest tv personality and women voted Patrick Stewart as sexiest. One a supermodel and the other a short, older, bald man. But I agreed with the choice. I don't think Norton has to be sexy but is good enough an actor to play sexy. Does that make sense?
    When you say "short, older, bald man" my first image is that of someone like Danny DeVito . Patrick Stewart IS very sexy. The commanding voice, the piercing eyes...Beam me up, Captain Picard

I'm sure Norton can play romantic lead, but he has kind of a weasily face that casting directors don't automatically think of him first for such type of roles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    When you say "short, older, bald man" my first image is that of someone like Danny DeVito . Patrick Stewart IS very sexy. The commanding voice, the piercing eyes...Beam me up, Captain Picard

I'm sure Norton can play romantic lead, but he has kind of a weasily face that casting directors don't automatically think of him first for such type of roles.
    Oddly enough I like his nose. And I'm glad to read your opinion of Patrick Stewart.

vCash
    I have seen Patrick Stewart twice on stage (MacBeth in NYC and Waiting for Godot in London), and he has a commanding presence and he seems tall. I find him very attractive and he will always be my favorite Star Trek captain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I have seen Patrick Stewart twice on stage (MacBeth in NYC and Waiting for Godot in London), and he has a commanding presence and he seems tall. I find him very attractive and he will always be my favorite Star Trek captain.
    Mine too. That was one great casting decision.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678