Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,413
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1618

    Evan Lysacek to Perform at Ice Chips - Skating Club of Boston

    http://www.icechips.org/about

    They still don't have the dates updated yet on this site. The regular club site says the show will be Saturday, March 31 and Sunday ( snoopysnake's birthday) April 1.

    I've missed seeing Evan skate! Hope he'll wear his OGM FS snakes costume!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    http://www.icechips.org/about

    They still don't have the dates updated yet on this site. The regular club site says the show will be Saturday, March 31 and Sunday ( snoopysnake's birthday) April 1.

    I've missed seeing Evan skate! Hope he'll wear his OGM FS snakes costume!
    Thanks for the info!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Great, I hope this indicates that Harvard is in his consideration for university application. Snoopysnake, wish you a very happy Birthday celebration on March 31!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,413
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1618
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Great, I hope this indicates that Harvard is in his consideration for university application. Snoopysnake, wish you a very happy Birthday celebration on March 31!
    Actually, it's on April 1. Just a few years ago Ice Chips was held on my birthday, and Sasha Cohen was the headliner.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    4,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11643
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Actually, it's on April 1. Just a few years ago Ice Chips was held on my birthday, and Sasha Cohen was the headliner.
    So does anyone ever believe you when you say it's your birthday? Or do people think you're going to follow up with "April Fools!"?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

  6. #6
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,341
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17204
    This SCOB-related blog article (mainly about the Skaters' Ball held in Boston this past Saturday) includes an Ice Chips guest star update: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    We mentioned back in January that Evan Lysacek will be the special guest star for the Skating Club of Boston's Ice Chips show March 31 and April 1. We just heard that Mirai Nagasu has been added to the show as well. We're looking forward to it! Tickets go on sale March 1 at icechips.org.
    SCOB's Skaters' Ball Photo Gallery: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f26778216.html

    ETA link to today's Boston Globe article: Skating Club of Boston celebrates 100 years

    Another article with Skaters' Ball photos: http://www.bizbash.com/skating_club_...on/story/22507
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-21-2012 at 10:32 PM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Great, I hope this indicates that Harvard is in his consideration for university application.
    I don't get the connection; please explain.

    SCOB routinely uses Harvard's Bright Arena for its shows but it is not tied to any affiliation other than this venue works incrediby well for such shows. The only event that is directly tied to Harvard is An Evening with Champions which is sponsored by Harvard students in support of The Jimmy Fund.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    3,302
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is anyone going to this this weekend? For some reason they are not selling tickets online or on the phone, or even at the box office. You have to go there an hour before the show and line up if you want a ticket... Anybody have extra tickets they want to get rid of? I was told on the phone that Sunday is pretty much sold out. I'm going to make an effort to go on Saturday since I've always enjoyed this show, but I gotta say that this ticket policy is bordering on neanderthal.

    This year's cast is great as they have Mirai in addition to Evan.

    For some reason they always schedule this at the worst time for skating fans - one year it was on the same day as Stars on Ice's Boston show and this year the Saturday afternoon show coincides with the Ladies Free Skate at Worlds.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    389
    I am glad I got my tickets early. Looking forward to a great show.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,413
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1618
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Is anyone going to this this weekend? For some reason they are not selling tickets online or on the phone, or even at the box office. You have to go there an hour before the show and line up if you want a ticket... Anybody have extra tickets they want to get rid of? I was told on the phone that Sunday is pretty much sold out. I'm going to make an effort to go on Saturday since I've always enjoyed this show, but I gotta say that this ticket policy is bordering on neanderthal.

    This year's cast is great as they have Mirai in addition to Evan.

    For some reason they always schedule this at the worst time for skating fans - one year it was on the same day as Stars on Ice's Boston show and this year the Saturday afternoon show coincides with the Ladies Free Skate at Worlds.
    Apparently they ran into some difficulties with their online ticketer. Anyone who's still waiting for tickets to be mailed should check with the box office as their tickets are probably going to be at Will Call at the arena. Apparently they were improperly advised by the online ticketer that those tickets would be mailed.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Anybody have extra tickets they want to get rid of? I was told on the phone that Sunday is pretty much sold out.
    Do you know any club members? A number of them usually have extra tickets that they are looking to sell. Maybe someone could get the word out for you.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    3,302
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Do you know any club members? A number of them usually have extra tickets that they are looking to sell. Maybe someone could get the word out for you.
    Nope, don't know anyone I'm gonna go to the box office at 6 PM and line up I guess, then come back here and rant if it turns out no tickets are left

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    peregrinating
    Posts
    4,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15595
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Nope, don't know anyone I'm gonna go to the box office at 6 PM and line up I guess, then come back here and rant if it turns out no tickets are left
    I need to do the same, so you might have company both for the wait and following rant. Am hoping to skip the latter, though!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    peregrinating
    Posts
    4,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15595
    Turns out you could buy tickets for tonight's show once the box office opened at 1, so literaryfreak and I went to the evening show. Evan was great in both numbers (The Climb and Tango de Roxanne). Show programs are a good fit for him and I thought he really carried off headlining the show.

    Mirai looked great, landing nice 2axels and 3toes in both programs -and just looking very well trained overall. Hope she can skate well next season. This was my first time seeing her live and I was impressed.

    http://youtu.be/tA1UO90zSA0

    Donlan and Speroff have a new exhibition program to Quelqu'un m'a dit by Carla Bruni. Yes, it was finally time to say Goodbye to their Time to Say goodbye exhibition . I loved the new program and will upload this to youtube in a few minutes, too.

    ETA: http://youtu.be/TeVQq3vamuw Donlan/Speroff

    http://youtu.be/Wg5uTMhiWBg Evan doing Tango de Roxanne

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4WsllqskU Ross Miner

    http://youtu.be/ukd8vm3b8Js Castelli/Shnapir

    http://youtu.be/N6E9FfSAA2g Stephen Carriere

    http://youtu.be/Dm31QO1Yafw Guys group number

    I didn't get a chance to tape the first programs of Evan & Mirai since one of the ushers came over and said no videos are allowed. Not sure what that was all about since plenty of other people were taking vids left and right of me, but we just moved for the second part of the show and that seemed to take care of the problem.
    Last edited by ioana; 04-01-2012 at 05:16 AM.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,386
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    583
    It was a great show and quite the full house! Castelli & Shnapir did their "Feeling Good' exhibition again, I love that program so much. There was a very funny number that was a guys vs. girls dance-off, and of course the guys were in tight pleather pants, hats, and suspenders (I think) rocking out to Michael Jackson's "Beat It" at one point. Ross Miner has boss dance moves.

    In the off-chance Evan skates his new Samson & Delilah LP tomorrow (I was hoping he'd show it, but alas no), could someone try to tape it?

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,995
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Mirai looked great, landing nice 2axel and 3toes in both programs -and just looking very well trained overall. Hope she can skate well next season. This was my first time seeing her live and I was impressed.

    http://youtu.be/tA1UO90zSA0
    She does look great! Happy and confident and fit. Thanks for sharing!!

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    134
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Mirai looked great, landing nice 2axels and 3toes in both programs -and just looking very well trained overall. Hope she can skate well next season. This was my first time seeing her live and I was impressed.

    http://youtu.be/tA1UO90zSA0


    Really lovely program by Mirai
    She seemed to actually "feel" this music much better than in a long time, hopefully this is the turning point for her, she still is my favorite American lady.

  18. #18
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,524
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10131
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post

    Mirai looked great, landing nice 2axels and 3toes in both programs -and just looking very well trained overall. Hope she can skate well next season. This was my first time seeing her live and I was impressed.

    http://youtu.be/tA1UO90zSA0


    Really lovely program by Mirai
    She seemed to actually "feel" this music much better than in a long time, hopefully this is the turning point for her, she still is my favorite American lady.
    Thanks so much for this. Mirai is such a lovely skater, if only.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    In the off-chance Evan skates his new Samson & Delilah LP tomorrow (I was hoping he'd show it, but alas no), could someone try to tape it?
    Evan did debut his Samson and Delilah LP yesterday at Ice Chips at the afternoon show. Of course, who knows if he will do it again at Sunday's show.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for posting the videos. I was at the show yesterday afternoon. I enjoy "Ice Chips" as much or more than any professional tour.

    What music did Marai use for her first program? I think it was a Beatle song, sung by a woman. It was a great version, my mind is blanking our right now.
    ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •