Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC's Smash.

vCash

NBC's Smash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILytb...eature=related

Absolutely can't wait for this. Starts in the U.S. on the 6th of February. How amazing is Katherine Mcphee's voice.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Demon Barber
    vCash
    In case anyone doesn't know - you can download the pilot for free on itunes now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILytb...eature=related

Absolutely can't wait for this. Starts in the U.S. on the 6th of February. How amazing is Katherine Mcphee's voice.
    AMAZING!!!!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am hoping to like this one. I absolutely loathe Glee and everything it does but this seems like Glee's more mature and sophisticated older sister.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    thank goodness NBC finally stopped saying "and introducing Katherine McPhee" in their promos. We met her like 5 years ago, people!

Looking forward to this show!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash

I love Broadway, but...

...this show looks SO predictable.

vCash
    NBC has put the pilot up on there youtube channel. I loved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    ...this show looks SO predictable.
    How funny, I actually can't stand live theatre and am so looking forward to this. Predictable... so you're not interested in seeing talent or anything, just want to be enthralled with good plot with twists and turns that make you .
    Maybe you should watch Europeans...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    So, I'm confused. I heard about this show AGES ago; even saw a trailer akin to that. But it seems like it was so long ago; like months to a year! I'd forgotten all about it. When did they start advertising it and I guess it just came out? That's so odd!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    How funny, I actually can't stand live theatre and am so looking forward to this. Predictable... so you're not interested in seeing talent or anything, just want to be enthralled with good plot with twists and turns that make you .
    Maybe you should watch Europeans...
    I love how you're putting words into my mouth that I didn't say. I have tremendous respect for talented people, whatever the medium.

My annoyance with the promo is that it has précised the entire show. I just feel like I have seen it all before. (IE: Young unknown struggles trying to make it in the big city.)

As for plot twists and turns, not to mention outstanding acting, I'll probably stick with Homeland for the time being. Australia doesn't get any skating coverage.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    The show may be predictable, but Alex Wong is in it - at least the opening episode. He was injured and reappears later. That alone will make me tune in.

vCash
    The premier was pleasant enough. The lip-synching is much more believable here than in Glee.

vCash
    I was watching "Every Little Step" about casting "A Chorus Line" and realized we really don't have a regular series with singing and dancing about adults. I like "Glee" but I like the idea of this show better. The premier left me wanting to see more so I'm in for now. And could we be seeing a version of "Marilyn" on Broadway if the show succeeds?

vCash
    I really enjoyed this! I still love Glee but it was so nice to see a show with music that was more about the plot and was letting the plot drive the music. I didn't even need to use my willing suspension of disbelief that much!

I kind of hate the "look I'm a popstar" audition, though.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Well, I liked Glee when it first started for its quirky charm -- and the talented performers -- but rapidly grew tired of the polarizing archetypes (not to mention their change in repertoire).

But I love all things Broadway so I'll definitely tune in to Smash when it airs. I fear that it too may get stale quickly ... but they may surprise me. Here's hoping!

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Just watched the sneak peak premier on Youtube (had to do something between the SD and the Men's SP). It's really ... cliched and soapy, but it does cliched and soapy so very well, that I enjoyed every second of it.

I'll definitely tune in for a few more episodes and see if it stays this much fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    The show may be predictable, but Alex Wong is in it - at least the opening episode. He was injured and reappears later. That alone will make me tune in.
    Me too!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    A college friend is going to be on this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    A college friend is going to be on this
    Ooh, what part? Please don't be "Lisa" in the first episode auditions...

vCash
    After all the hype, this finally premieres tonight.

I've watched the pilot on Youtube. It felt very predictable and I was not very impressed with either Kat McPhee or Debra Messing, which worries me for the future. What I found more than anything, though, was that I wanted Aaron Sorkin to be writing the plots and dialogue. The show's dialogue and characters should have been sharp from the start, and it just wasn't.

Now some spoiler thoughts:

Spoiler

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast