Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

How to geoblock for BBC viewing

I am trying to figure out how to geoblock my IP address so I can watch some videos on the BBC site. I did a google search and see there are quite a few options but some of the sites seemed a little sketchy so I was afraid to download any programs they offered. I figured this site would be full of people experienced in doing this since we are always trying to watch different countries streams for skating. Can anyone tell me a safe way to do this?

P.S. If this is illegal then please close the thread. I began thinking about it and now I am not sure, lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    You need to find a good proxy server. I used to use covermyass.com but I don't think that one works any more...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    You need to find a good proxy server. I used to use covermyass.com but I don't think that one works any more...
    I used the expat network which logs you in via a uk server and so far it's been working well. Got tired of bad ITV and BBC feeds for the shows I wanted to watch --and it's not unreasonable at 5 gbp a month. This only works for UK websites, but I did it mostly so I could watch bwitsh tv , so it gets the job done. I think CMA is supposed to work in other countries, as well.

http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/

vCash
    Find a paid proxy service that enables you to set your IP address to UK like the one ioana suggested.

And yes you are committing a grevious offence of disregarding the copyright laws. IMPRISON HIM!

vCash
    I didn't know you had to pay for them. I want to watch the last 3 episodes of the new Sherlock and I don't know if it is worth paying for only 3 episodes of something. lol Thanks though!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Re-registered User
    vCash
    My daughter and I just spent the last three days watching all six episodes of Sherlock. She is planning her wedding with Benedict Cumberbatch, as I type this.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    My daughter and I just spent the last three days watching all six episodes of Sherlock. She is planning her wedding with Benedict Cumberbatch, as I type this.
    I think he is very odd looking but Watson is a cutie!
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I didn't know you had to pay for them. I want to watch the last 3 episodes of the new Sherlock and I don't know if it is worth paying for only 3 episodes of something. lol Thanks though!
    For that - oh yes. I've seen it and it was better than the first series.

BTW - this reminded me to check on Amazon UK to see if it was out yet. Which it was. I bought Series 1 & 2 for $30.79 US - which includes shipping. (Price in the US for series 1 is $22 plus shipping) So, if you have a region free DVD player. You can watch it now.
    Last edited by znachki; 01-24-2012 at 11:12 PM.

vCash
    I watched the first 2 episodes of the new Sherlock series and loved them. Hopefully I can get home early enough today and watch the last one, too. I thought it was money well spent, especially since I can watch things like Dancing on Ice UK as well. Not that I have but it's good to know the option's there .

vCash
    May I congratulate your excellent taste in tv series and also direct you to http://cuevana.tv where you can stream the show for free

vCash
    Well, maintaining servers costs money.

vCash

Wink

Even without the excellent new Sherlock episodes, a proxy server is well worth it.

vCash
    If anybody knows good reliable proxy servers, post here or PM me, please.

I'm not very happy with the one I got at the moment.