Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    1982 is so yesterday for Charlemagne.
    And the Palais des Sports in 2006 was an entire conversion of the hall. Doesn't suit for TEB IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Will Germany get it's GP back? Does it even want it back?
    please, this would be great;
    germans are back on their way up and this would be really nice for s/s skating in front of 'home' crowd.

vCash
    Merdiadeck rink in Bordeaux could fit, it looks like the Bercy stadium. It held the Lalique in 1995 when Lalique was not in Paris.
    Last edited by skatak; 01-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    IIRC, tickets are not sold on the judges' side of the arena at Bercy.
    That's not the case anymore.
    Last two years the press had to move to the upper seats near the short side of the arena on Saturdays, because they sell tickets from the judges' side too and it's damn packed.

I love how North Americans are ranting about attendance in Paris where they have never been
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Thanks for the info. I was last there in 2005 for the Free Skates/Free Dance and didn't realize it had changed.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was last there in 2005 for the Free Skates/Free Dance and didn't realize it had changed.
    You should come again
    For the record - I wasn't talking about you.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I had such a wonderful time there and planned to go back, and then, somehow, six years just flew by without it happening.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Today, the Finnish Figure Skating federation announced that Finlandia Trophy will be moved from Valtti Areena, Vantaa, to Barona Areena, Tapiola (Espoo). Ms. Susanna Rahkamo, the president of FFSA, told also that they aim toi get Grand Prix status to Finlandia Trophy. When asked if it means that some of teh current countries would lose their GP, Ms. Rahkamo answered that ISU and Mr. Cinquanta are planning to add one or two GP events, and they offer to possiblity to Finland and (South) Korea.
    WOW, both are wonderful news!!! Thanks so much for the info... It was soo inconvenient for me to travel to Vantaa, now it will be A LOT easier.

I hope that both France and Finland will have a GP-event every year!
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-22-2012 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    About the TEB, Bercy will undergo a massive renovation in 2014-2015 (completed by September 2015).
    http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fra...se-precise.php
    http://www.info-stades.fr/Palais-Omn...ra-renove.html
    The work should be interrupted for a few months during the 2014 winter because some events were already scheduled (the Bercy tennis Masters, the 2014 table tennis world championships and a few others) but I'm not sure the FFSG had already booked Bercy for 2014.
    So it seems very possible that they envision a year off from the GP circuit.
    The BNP Paribas Masters takes place during the first or second week of November and the article says that renovations will restart in December. So there is time enough to schedule TEB. Apparently stopping and restarting the renovation will cost 10 million Euros, so surely they will be keen to rent the venue for as many of the annual events as possible to help pay that sum!

I've looked up the the World Table Tennis championships in Bercy. They are scheduled for May 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    That's not the case anymore.
    Last two years the press had to move to the upper seats near the short side of the arena on Saturdays, because they sell tickets from the judges' side too and it's damn packed.
    Сan confirm.

vCash
    It would be so cool if Finlandia became a GP. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. My brother recently moved to Finland and I had been thinking I would time my visit to coincide with Finlandia so that I could go to that while I'm there. It would be even better to go if Finlandia were a GP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It would be so cool if Finlandia became a GP. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. My brother recently moved to Finland and I had been thinking I would time my visit to coincide with Finlandia so that I could go to that while I'm there. It would be even better to go if Finlandia were a GP!
    I don´t think it will happen already this year. But the dates of Finlandia Trophy 2012 will be 5.-7.10., so start to plan and welcome to Finland! The weather can be tolerable in that season.

vCash
    Well, if anybody can make it happen, it's Ms. Rahkamo. She and her husband are very dynamic, persuasive and not to mention ambitious. Excellent news!

vCash
    Anyone have any idea when the ISU will release the 2012 schedule?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Anyone have any idea when the ISU will release the 2012 schedule?
    GP schedule is already up at the ISU website
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    GPF in Sochi!
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Thanks. I think I was waiting on posters to start talking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    The BNP Paribas Masters takes place during the first or second week of November and the article says that renovations will restart in December. So there is time enough to schedule TEB. Apparently stopping and restarting the renovation will cost 10 million Euros, so surely they will be keen to rent the venue for as many of the annual events as possible to help pay that sum!

I've looked up the the World Table Tennis championships in Bercy. They are scheduled for May 2013.
    The initial schedule for the renovation wasn't the same than the current one. The definitive one is tighter and has visibly been organized around pre-scheduled events.
    Sports federations who wanted to save their event quickly jumped in and negociated with the municipality more than 6 months ago. I don't think the 3 months pause is an open window. It's already booked IMHO. Did the FFSG booked ? I don't know. Usually, they don't book more than a year in advance and their sponsoring contracts will have to be renew after Sotchi.

The biggest federations/events could simply move to the new Arena 92 which will open in 2014 (the final of the 2017 handball World Cup is already scheduled there) but that seems oversized for the TEB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    I love how North Americans are ranting about attendance in Paris where they have never been

vCash
    we was discussing adding two grand prix events,
    here is what we decided. who cares, and why the hold up.

all you need to do is upgrade the finland, possible nebelhorn also, keep the dates in end of september beginning of october, and moved the other gp events up-like teb(if france don't want give to korea and upgrade Coupe de NIce was once a what we would call a gp event now. move up teb, skate canada, nhk, rostelcom up, cup of china, let skate america stand or keep events in october.

how hard.
    question. does gp events have to do their own financing versus level b events.
    or is it just points and scores the diffrence between level b and gp events.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast