Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    And yadda, yadda, yadda. Keep the conversation going ... that's easy enough, innit? No hours of training needed for that.

Woohoo

http://www.people.com/people/article...563245,00.html

How dare you try to have it all JWe? Ha ha
    This article just repeats pretty much everything that has already been revealed about his comeback plans. So why is it linked?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I'd love to see both Johnny and Evan pushing each other to reach Sochi. It certainly will be exciting, and continuous desire to excel in a sport earns my respect.
    I do not think Johnny will be a contender in Sochi, but I would love to see him come back and do a couple of programs which manage to combine COP and his self- expression- with no more complaining how he is a victim of the system ( and I hope for real beauties!). And if he edges out younger guys- well, that just means he earned it ( again, I do not think it likely but it would be interesting to see).
    Last edited by dinakt; 01-21-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I would love to see him skate like this one more time . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ9yzlAiHFc

vCash
    I think Johnny's love for Russia and skating at an olympics in a country where he is LOVED is a big motivator.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Are they living in the place Johnny recently bought? As I recall it was on the small size.
    I hope he isn't staying with Galina if he does really come back.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Yes, and does anyone think Johnny doesn't KNOW that? He's been to 2 Olympics.
    I was responding to a poster who didn't seem to know that. I don't expect all non-skaters to know that ...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Are they living in the place Johnny recently bought? As I recall it was on the small size.
    I hope he isn't staying with Galina if he does really come back.
    He wasn't staying with her before, so I don't see why he would now, especially now that he's married.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    He wasn't staying with her before, so I don't see why he would now, especially now that he's married.
    I think Iceman was talking about coaching, not loving quarters.

vCash
    Geezerfest 2014 is looking good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    ... Your loyalty to Johnny is admirable
    Gee. thanks! Fortunately for Johnny, he does not need my loyalty or my admiration, or your admirable praise of my admiration and loyalty, in order to shine. Thinking of Johnny always makes me smile. Keep on shining, Johnny!

... over-reacting to anyone who isn't a believer doesn't advance the continuing conversation - and it's ok that it's a continuing conversation.
    Hmmm, so you get that I'm over-reacting to "non-believers" ( -- does that mean Johnny is a religion )... but you don't seem to get that my so-called over-reactions are in equal or inflated measure to your over-reactions to everything Johnny (what he does, what he says, what he wears, what he doesn't say, what he "puts out there," what he did five years ago, what he's planning to do next ...) Ah well, in the scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Nothing we say here will have the slightest effect on Johnny, his life, or on his effort to comeback. But, by all means "continue advancing the conversation."

...And I'm really not worried about the karma I'm putting out...
    Good for you, b/c karma can be a real bitch. And yep, "the bitch is back." Continue dealing with it. Oh, yes I forgot you're not obsessing b/c you can make your points on what "Johnny put out there" in just a few posts.

BTW, here's another "why is it linked" link . Not to mention the fact that it's months old. In any case, I like this interview and Johnny has interesting responses to the interviewer's hesitant and awkwardly worded questions. Plus, toward the end, Johnny responds to a question about making a comeback in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-Go...eature=related
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-21-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Good for you, b/c karma can be a real bitch.
    So does this mean that we can expect to find you buried beneath a pile of wordy, overly defensive posts one of these days?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    ^^ Ha ha, how are you Prancer? Ya got me. Whatever will be, will be.

Ahhh, ... your post is very revealing too.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    ^^ Ha ha, how are you Prancer?
    Just so-so, aftershocks. How about yourself?

Ahhh, ... your post is very revealing too.
    I am an open book.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    OT
    ^^ Anticipating Nats; dealing with the cold weather; over-reacting apparently to "non-believers."

You're an open book ... fascinating.

Back on topic: Have any thoughts on Johnny's comeback, to continue advancing the conversation?

vCash
    I have this to say about that: pigs might fly.

Witness Emanuel Sandhu's comeback this season. . .PJ Kwong said it lasted for about 10 minutes.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Back on topic: Have any thoughts on Johnny's comeback, to continue advancing the conversation?
    Not especially. He will either try or he won't, and if he tries, he will either make it or he won't. As you said so eloquently, "Nothing we say here will have the slightest effect on Johnny, his life, or on his effort to come back."

Of course, this has never stopped anyone from saying nothing on such subjects, often at great length. But that's what a fan board is for, no?

If he does come back, I hope he skates very well. That's about it.

vCash
    Well put, Prancer. Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I have this to say about that: pigs might fly.

Witness Emanuel Sandhu's comeback this season. . .PJ Kwong said it lasted for about 10 minutes.
    Japanfan, I do hope pigs will fly at Nats this year! As far as Eman, he has not been competing now for how long??? Again, I lament that there is not a pro circuit for veteran skaters. In any case, I hope Willoway won't mind if I borrow this point:

"Johnny's press conference did not include" any reference to Emanuel Sandhu.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Well put, Prancer. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Not at all, aftershocks. I should be thanking you for your thoughts. I am, after all, an admin here, which makes you the guest in this thread, not me.

vCash
    Yes, I do know that you are an admin, Prancer. Thanks for reminding me that I'm a guest. Is there a problem being a guest poster and seriously thanking another poster whether guest or admin for sincerely appreciating their thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    It worked for Plushenko.
    Yes, it did work for Plushenko, but Weir´s achievements are sooo meagre compared to those of Plushenko, for which the latter is getting reputation points. Plushenko sure was able get away with non-CoP choreography, but Weir was not and will not be if he continues competing). I hope that while preparing for Vancouver Weir´s team was not counting on being in the same category with Plushenko?

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I think Johnny's love for Russia and skating at an olympics in a country where he is LOVED is a big motivator.
    I got the impression that the audience in Vancouver loved him (as well as many other skaters, too). Exactly the same would apply in Russia, I´d guess.
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-21-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast