Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    How long had these two dated before they were married?
    Johnny started tweeting about his dates with Victor in September but from what he's said in interviews, the two knew each other for awhile as friends and friendship turned into love over the summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Johnny is commentating on IceNetwork next week?
    Thanks for this. For that alone, I MUST & WILL subscribe!!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Some interesting moments in the Johnny press conference up on Icenetwork -- Willoway, one of the journalists did ask Johnny a question about Evan (so Evan was mentioned tangentially, albeit not brought up by Johnny). It was nice to hear from Johnny that Evan was one of the first people who congratulated Johnny on his recent marriage.

I noticed that Tara Modlin never spoke, but Nina and Johnny's trainer (whose name I don't recall) did speak. Again, I really wish there was a pro circuit for the veteran skaters, but I support Johnny in his efforts and I hope to see something special and different from him (altho' Carmen mixed w/ Lady Gaga?!! ). It might be helpful if he would work with a choreographer other than Nina Petrenko, however, I suppose that in the end a lot of the choreo will be coming from Johnny himself -- and hopefully Galina won't meddle with that too much either.

I'm glad Johnny will be commentating on Icenetwork for the men. It will be fun to see what he has to say about the guys whom he plans to be competing against next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post

I think he should do what he would like to do; I hope however that no younger skater who needs USFSA financial support has to wait in line for a few additional years or get less support because those dollars are going to Johnny. Try to come back, sure, but with his own (or privately raised) dollars.
    Funny you should say that, but a few weeks before the press conference, Johnny tweeted he was meeting his money manager, I wonder if he was looking over his finances and seeing if he could finance his own skating. Johnny had quite a few successful projects in his time off, his own dress line, his contract with MAC cosmetics, his book, his tv show etc. Perhaps the money he made from these projects can finance his skating until the Olympics.

vCash
    I'm not sure a "competitor" should serve as commentator at an event (nationals) at which the skaters will be his competitors in the future.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Funny you should say that, but a few weeks before the press conference, Johnny tweeted he was meeting his money manager, I wonder if he was looking over his finances and seeing if he could finance his own skating. Johnny had quite a few successful projects in his time off, his own dress line, his contract with MAC cosmetics, his book, his tv show etc. Perhaps the money he made from these projects can finance his skating until the Olympics.
    Besides, as somebody, I think, said above, Johnny could be fueling the material for his show with his comeback. Married and settled-down Johhny going back to the training grind... I would watch, and I am not an uber by any means.
    improving my ballad- like lines

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^. I'm not sure why all the professional comps died, likely partly because the ISU and USFS were afraid they would lose revenue and stars to the professional ranks around the time of fs' explosion in popularity.
    There were also a lot of contrived cheeze fests, where the same programs and skaters were televised repeatedly, and it became tiresome, and the World Pro championships were never open: they were by (Dick Button's) invitation. There are a lot of great professional skaters who could have been competitive, especially in the artistic program segment, but had no qualifying process by which to enter.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    SO excited for his return!!

BTW, anyone recognize the music from this clip?
    http://youtu.be/u3wEO-rFGC8?t=1m2s

Still voting in the icenetwork "It's your move!" contest.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    SO excited for his return!!

BTW, anyone recognize the music from this clip?
    http://youtu.be/u3wEO-rFGC8?t=1m2s
    Doop - Doop

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    It's true he's done a lot since the Olys, but how much of it has turned into a viable source of income and/or long term career? He's designed a few dresses, but did they sell and will he design more? Has this attracted other opportunities in fashion? The book was a one off, there's no indication he's pursuing a recording career, and I thought MAC was also a one-off. The shows are few and far between, and I haven't heard anything about his ambition to headline a show/tour in a long time. Tara's latest venture - Ice Dreams or whatever - was originally announced to be a multi-city tour that one assumes Johnny would have led, but that's gone nowhere, as has the announced but never happened 2011 edition of Stars Stripes and Skates.

His reality show carries on, but I can't imagine that's enough to live on given that it's on a lesser network and even the biggest reality show stars have to parlay the opportunity into additional shows, books, product lines, appearance fees, etc.

Agree that at least part of this comeback is likely to provide fodder for his reality show, and I think that after devoting much of his life to training and competing, he likely misses it.

Plus, if nothing else is really panning out, then it makes sense to go back to what you know. And, if he gets himself back in the spotlight for something more tangible than being seen at a party, then it might open up more opportunities in the future, whether within the skating world or beyond.

vCash
    I wish him well in his comeback but count me as one of those sitting on the fence to see if it really happens.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Thank you, but I meant the gospel dance music during the ladies montage at 1:09.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wEO...outu.be&t=1m9s

I LOVE Doop Doop too though! I have the extended version on my ipod!

Still voting in the icenetwork "It's your move!" contest.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Thank you, but I meant the gospel dance music during the ladies montage at 1:09.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wEO...outu.be&t=1m9s

The Absolute (featuring Suzanne Palmer), "I Believe"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    OMG! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been looking for it a loooong time! U R Awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's true he's done a lot since the Olys, but how much of it has turned into a viable source of income and/or long term career? He's designed a few dresses, but did they sell and will he design more? Has this attracted other opportunities in fashion? The book was a one off, there's no indication he's pursuing a recording career, and I thought MAC was also a one-off. The shows are few and far between, and I haven't heard anything about his ambition to headline a show/tour in a long time. Tara's latest venture - Ice Dreams or whatever - was originally announced to be a multi-city tour that one assumes Johnny would have led, but that's gone nowhere, as has the announced but never happened 2011 edition of Stars Stripes and Skates.

His reality show carries on, but I can't imagine that's enough to live on given that it's on a lesser network and even the biggest reality show stars have to parlay the opportunity into additional shows, books, product lines, appearance fees, etc.

Agree that at least part of this comeback is likely to provide fodder for his reality show, and I think that after devoting much of his life to training and competing, he likely misses it.

Plus, if nothing else is really panning out, then it makes sense to go back to what you know. And, if he gets himself back in the spotlight for something more tangible than being seen at a party, then it might open up more opportunities in the future, whether within the skating world or beyond.
    im pretty sure the bits and pieces he has been doing is enough to live on. 5 years ago, I took some time out from being "employed" and have been able to live just fine ever since with bits and pieces/living off my art. Im sure Johnny Weir will be fine also.

vCash
    OT but last night Johnny and Sasha skated together in a little "show" at the StandardNY in New York. No video yet but some photos are floating around on twitter.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567