Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Underwhelmed by last night's contestants. This was the first show that I deleted immediately.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Holy! That much eye candy and that voice... Oh to swoon about more guys that I can't have!
    Kyle

vCash
    Take a look at Betty Buckley's twitter timeline - she really unloaded on Randy and the rest on these shows who put down some of the contestants by calling them "Broadway".

I am in love with her. Brava for those comments defending musical theater (both singing and dancing), she was spot on.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Does Buckley say anything about which Broadway-type singers are rockin' the top of the pop charts these days?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I know you are just being Peter so I may be wasting my breath with an actual answer () but her point is that Broadway is not a style and that the singers on Broadway are as varied as anything. I get her point although I do think certain people sound more suited for Broadway and that isn't a bad thing although I suppose her big problem is that Randy IS saying it is a bad thing and only giving this critique to people he doesn't like. I didn't watch the show so I have no idea if he was doing that or not.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I never understood why AI judges make Broadway/theatrical singing out to be a bad thing. A good voice, is a good voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I know you are just being Peter so I may be wasting my breath with an actual answer () but her point is that Broadway is not a style and that the singers on Broadway are as varied as anything. I get her point although I do think certain people sound more suited for Broadway and that isn't a bad thing although I suppose her big problem is that Randy IS saying it is a bad thing and only giving this critique to people he doesn't like. I didn't watch the show so I have no idea if he was doing that or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I never understood why AI judges make Broadway/theatrical singing out to be a bad thing. A good voice, is a good voice.
    Exactly! The point is, a voice that is better suited to musical theater is still a voice - and a great voice at that, much better than the auto-tuned pop crap that's selling these days.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Exactly! The point is, a voice that is better suited to musical theater is still a voice - and a great voice at that, much better than the auto-tuned pop crap that's selling these days.
    But the producers have visions of turning out auto-tuned pop crap so they can make money, so Broadway style need not apply.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Kelly has a shot at #1 next week if she can outsell Adele by enough. If not she will have to try and get it after the Grammy boost wears down and Adele's song peaks on radio. Kelly is at #2 and she has barely made a dent in radio airplay yet. She could end up dominating for weeks if her sales stay up. I have never seen a single by Kelly sell like this, especially a non debut single.
    And she's going to be on the Voice as a mentor so that might boost sales. You gotta think she'll perform on the show.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And she's going to be on the Voice as a mentor so that might boost sales. You gotta think she'll perform on the show.
    Heard they offered Beyonce a few hundred million to do The Voice. Did they dump Paula and Nicole?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Heard they offered Beyonce a few hundred million to do The Voice. Did they dump Paula and Nicole?
    Um, they were on X Factor, and yes, they are both gone.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Um, they were on X Factor, and yes, they are both gone.
    Oops! There are so many of them I can't tell them apart.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yes but we don't know when she will be on and I know it isn't this week which will affect next week's Hot 100 rankings. I am counting on her performing and betting they will plan it to coincide with her radio peak for the best shot at #1 if she doesn't get it this week.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Underwhelmed by last night's contestants. This was the first show that I deleted immediately.
    This is the first show I've watched all season. I've stayed semi caught up with this thread and "Idology". I couldn't make it through the entire episode. I made it up to the guy who's dad is in rehab. Thank goodness the auditions are over.

vCash
    Why am I completely disinterested in this season?
    I haven't been watching either. Part of it is that I don't like the bad auditions, but part if it is that last season was pretty bad. The judging panel is both lame and boring. Plus, I didn't like most of the singers. I didn't care for the final two and those were the two who were pimped all season. The level of manipulation and focus on personality is so high with Idol that it gets too annoying if they don't have singers I like to balance that out. I'm much more interested in The Voice.

But, I'll watch the Hollyowood rounds. Does anybody have any suggestions for particular auditions I should check out before Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I hope it's as good as Idolatry. One of my favorite episodes:

Danny's Scream On

And if anyone can find the "unauthorized fan vid" of Kristen with Glasses praising Danny, it's hilarious.
    I still remember that one. Awesome. I liked Michael's Idology's last season, especially when he did them with Melinda. But I do miss Kristen.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I'm looking at the billboard hot 100 chart right now and am pleased to see that Kelly Clarkson jumped from #8 to #2 with "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)". Some British chick is keeping her out of the number one spot.
    I'm a big Adele fan, but I'm stunned that she is still selling so well. Who is left who hasn't bought her music and is buying it now? That album came out a year ago and that song isn't new either. I'm really looking forward to seeing her on the Grammys. I hope she's recovered and in good voice.

Does Buckley say anything about which Broadway-type singers are rockin' the top of the pop charts these days?
    It wasn't really relevant to her point. She was objecting to his dissing of Broadway and his ignorance. Honestly, it's rare that Randy makes a particularly intelligent and insightful comment in his judging. He's pretty useless.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My three favourite auditions from Thursday night's show:

Rachelle Lamb - Find Somebody New (Faith Hill cover)

Although Lamb talking bad about her ex-husband in front of her daughter (twice!) was strange. A form of child abuse, which does not endear one to her...

Reis Kloeckener - Lean on me

Johnny Keyser - A Change Is Gonna Come

Too bad Keyser is so unattractive.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    My three favourite auditions from Thursday night's show:

Johnny Keyser - A Change Is Gonna Come

Too bad Keyser is so unattractive.
    Jennifer, in particular, seemed particularly put off.

vCash
    Adam Lambert is going to tour with Queen!

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Adam Lambert is going to tour with Queen!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    That's not quite been confirmed yet. It seems the story changes depending on what source is read.

That's not to say that he won't play a show or two with them, I'm just saying. The first reports were inaccurate that he was their new frontman, and even he has said it's for one show and not set in stone yet.
    Last edited by Kruss; 02-05-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    ~DC

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast