Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    For fans of Rock Star (the first one, which was epic), Jordis Unga will be on The Voice.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Jordis Unga was my FAVORITE!!! Off to listen to her version of Nirvana's The Man Who Sold the World.

I hope someone will turn around her for as her voice isn't one that jumps out and gets you with its amazing range or big belting notes, she grabbed me with how she was able to tell a story and sound so real. I hope someone hears that in her.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    For fans of Rock Star (the first one, which was epic), Jordis Unga will be on The Voice.
    First Jeremy wins Nationals, now this. Something is right in the world today. Thanks, PL.

vCash
    *Edited because I used the wrong portion of the quote-- I was talking about Jordis.

Yet another reject gets a second chance. Ugh.
    Last edited by Jayar; 01-30-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    First Jeremy wins Nationals, now this. Something is right in the world today. Thanks, PL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Seriously? This isn't an open audition show, if they want to ask Madonna to be on it they can. It is CAST! By quoting Meredith's post it also makes it sound like you think Jeremy is a reject who got a 2nd chance to win another US title. I can only assume you wouldn't be so tacky.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Why am I completely disinterested in this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Seriously? This isn't an open audition show, if they want to ask Madonna to be on it they can. It is CAST! By quoting Meredith's post it also makes it sound like you think Jeremy is a reject who got a 2nd chance to win another US title. I can only assume you wouldn't be so tacky.
    It *IS* an open audition show-- I have two friends who went to them and did quite well.

And I don't know why the quote showed up as it did-- that wasn't the part that I selected. Sorry to Jeremy and his fans-- that was a total mistake.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Charmed.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    It *IS* an open audition show-- I have two friends who went to them and did quite well.

And I don't know why the quote showed up as it did-- that wasn't the part that I selected. Sorry to Jeremy and his fans-- that was a total mistake.
    My apologies. The first season made it look like they cast people to audition and then the judges picked. I didn't know it was an open casting call. I still love her so I don't care, she more than deserves it as she is truly talented. I wouldn't call her a reject either, she did quite well and it isn't as if she tried out and didn't even make the show. Only 1 person can win those shows, I don't consider everyone else a reject.
    -Brian

vCash
    And INXS were never going to pick a female, so it really wasn't a fair shot. (What did she finish? Fifth? With Suzie in fourth and then the top three were boys?) (Marty )

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Reports, please.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    For reals this time???? Will she make the broadcast? Or will this be another Lukas Rossi tease?

No one from the AI auditions I've seen has totally blown me away. Some nice voices, LOTS of sob stories.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Well, The Voice is showing more auditions this time, so even if she's not selected, she may be on TV.

I tried to watch AI last night and made it to the first singer the sent through. She was awful. The next was even worse. I turned it and watched a repeat of Property Brothers. I may check back in when the top 12 are selected, but I can't take the bad, no longer funny, audition shows any more. At least all the auditions on The Voice are good singers.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I've only been watching AI because there is NOTHING on tv on Wednesdays
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Hollywood rounds start next week- hopefully we'll get a look at more of the people that actually make it since a lot of the top 24 hasn't even been shown yet this season. There's like 3 full episodes of the audition rounds this year with zero people in the top 24, last night's being one of them. Very strange.

vCash
    I watched last night. The last half, anyway. Why did they make such a fuss over the last girl? She was pretty and seemed to have a great story, but her voice was meh. She was flat.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I've only been watching AI because there is NOTHING on tv on Wednesdays
    Normally, Wednesdays are my favorite TV day with Modern Family and Revenge, but they've been repeats the last two weeks. But, we're in sweeps month, so they'll be really good the next 3 weeks.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm looking at the billboard hot 100 chart right now and am pleased to see that Kelly Clarkson jumped from #8 to #2 with "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)". Some British chick is keeping her out of the number one spot.

Also wanted to mention that Elliott Yamin has a new CD that is amazing. Couldn't find audio samples, but there are live clips of pretty much every song of the album on youtube and he is amazing in concert. The album has been out for a while in certain countries with the title "Gather 'Round" and has also been released under the title "Let's Get To What's Real". Here's the track listing from allmusic.com:

1 Gather Round
    2 Self Control
    3 Thinkin Bout U
    4 Lets Get to What’s Real
    5 Poison
    6 Downtown/Borrowed Time
    7 Enough Love
    8 I’ll Be That Bridge
    9 Virginia
    10 3 Words

I recommend checking these songs out on youtube if you were even a moderate fan of Yamin's.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Kelly Clarkson! 10 years after Idol and she's still kicking ass!

vCash
    Kelly has a shot at #1 next week if she can outsell Adele by enough. If not she will have to try and get it after the Grammy boost wears down and Adele's song peaks on radio. Kelly is at #2 and she has barely made a dent in radio airplay yet. She could end up dominating for weeks if her sales stay up. I have never seen a single by Kelly sell like this, especially a non debut single.
    -Brian

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast