Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I'm taking a new approach to the auditions this season. I'm TiVoing, then just viewing anyone with good reviews on USAToday or rickey.org. From last night's show, it seems that I only need to view 5-10 minutes, total.
    That's a good idea. Find anyone promising?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    That's a good idea. Find anyone promising?
    To my ears, just the last guy, Phillip Phillips.
    btw, if anyone's interested, rickey.org has the Top 42 already spoiled.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Thanks, I'll check out Phillip Phillips. (It's like a need a screener the first few weeks.

ETA: I liked him, especially when he picked up his guitar.
    Last edited by soxxy; 01-19-2012 at 08:16 PM.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I love the auditions, so I just tuned in.
    me too.. and I really don't miss the snarks of Simon - just enjoying the audition process.. I like the focus on talent and not making fun of everyone..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I'm not tuning in yet, I'm waiting for...the finale

I watch auditions, skip Hollywood week(s) and tune in again when they get to the live shows.

vCash
    I'm glad we're seeing actual singers and not the nutjobs. However, I see Uncle Nigel is already ramping up the creative edits to make it seem there's a sibling rivalry with the Dixons. I highly suspect there is none.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Find anyone promising?
    My two favourites:

Ashlee Altise - Ashlee got the edit that made her look like a whackjob...and then she rocks "Come Together". I think she looks to be a lot of fun in addition to beign a good singer.

David Leathers Jr. - luckily this clip doesn't include his back story, which was somewhat irritating. Of note: David was in a singing contest with Scotty McCreery a few years back where they were the final two - and David won.

To my ears, just the last guy, Phillip Phillips.
    I thought his first song (Superstition) was awful. For his second song (Thriller), the vocals were pretty good, but the guitar playing - AMAZING!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Reed Grimm was my favorite last night.

Spoiler

AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    My two favourites:

Ashlee Altise - Ashlee got the edit that made her look like a whackjob...and then she rocks "Come Together". I think she looks to be a lot of fun in addition to beign a good singer.

David Leathers Jr. - luckily this clip doesn't include his back story, which was somewhat irritating. Of note: David was in a singing contest with Scotty McCreery a few years back where they were the final two - and David won.
    Watching the AI auditions "filtered through FSU" is much better for me!

I liked them both, and David could turn out to be amazing. He really does look twelve years old, as Jennifer repeated.

vCash
    Not watching AI & having it filtered through FSU is even better. My husband reminded me last year that I said I wouldn't ever watch again. I don't remember saying that but I think I won't watch till Hollywood week is over.

vCash
    Reed Grimm was my favorite last night.

Spoiler

I believe he'll go a long way in the competition.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I just read that Wednesday night, the premiere had a 25% drop in the ratings from last year. I wonder, is that due to last year's results, the judges, the rise in popularity of The Voice (and to a lesser extent, The X Factor), the fact that this show is now 10 years old and starting to die a natural TV death, or a combination of all of the above?

Even though I started this thread, I didn't watch any of either night, and I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll tune in during Hollywood Week, Top 24, Final 12, or even at all .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    I figure I'll turn in for the top 12 and see what's going on. Though the one time I watched Hollywood Week, it was pretty entertaining.

vCash
    I think it is a combination of all of the things you (Cyn) mentioned. The X-Factor has pretty much the same target audience, and that season was just a few months ago. Fans could be burnt out (one of the reasons Idol is only on once per year -- to make people want it again by the time January rolls around). Also the Voice, while I've only seen it once, is new and fresh and (from what I have heard) is better/more entertaining.

And any show that's been on for 10 years is bound to naturally bleed viewers. I really doubt at this stage that there's too many people tuning in for the first time ever, so it's really just a matter of current and recent viewers phasing out which is leading to the lower numbers.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Constantine Maroulis, top of page, as you've never seen him. I can actually make out some of his features. He's doing quite well for himself:

www.playbill.com

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I have been watching this show from the very first episode and I am just sick and tired of the initial audition rounds. Sure, it is a great way to begin forming attachments to contestants but is it worth sitting through the bad auditions and over the top drama which easily take up 90% of the air time? I don't think so any more. I will tune in later. Not sure when, maybe when they perform with Cirque but most likely when they begin going live. Maybe a lot of us have figured this out and quit tuning in. I also think last years numbers were held up because of the new judges, this year there is no novelty to draw people back in.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I love Reed Grimm...
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    Okay, here's a way out question. Does anyone know the name of the song/artist used in the one of the background music for the Pittsburgh audition? It sounded like The National, but I don't think it is.

vCash
    Constantine Maroulis, top of page, as you've never seen him. I can actually make out some of his features. He's doing quite well for himself:

www.playbill.com
    By the time I opened the link, the top of the page had a picture of Tyne Daley as Maria Callas. And for a moment, I did think that would be Constantine as I've never seen him.

Then, looking over the link, I realized you probably were referring to the Toxic Avenger photo gallery.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    By the time I opened the link, the top of the page had a picture of Tyne Daley as Maria Callas. And for a moment, I did think that would be Constantine as I've never seen him.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast