Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    Heejun, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Ryan: What are you sweating?
    Heejun: Mostly water.

I just love him.

BTW, to whoever was asking, I think he's from NY.

Asshat cowboy is gone, eeee-hah! For now, at least. They might bring him back for drama and controversy.
    HeeJun is from Flushing Queens, to be exact. One of my Korean co-workers said that people at his church know all about him since it appears that both he and HeeJun belong to the same church denomination.

I love him too and so does my Mom who used to sing semi-professionally. All glad to see "The Cowboy" gone because of his arrogance.

vCash
    I hope we've seen the last of the arrogant cowboy.
    I like Heejun!

vCash
    I really like Hee Jun and Eben, and I hope Jermaine makes it into the top 13 guys.

vCash
    Idol rankings based on number of twitter followers (possible preview to top 12 finalists):

Top 4 boys:
    Heejun 6419
    Phillip 6115
    Colton 4432
    Eben 3067

Top 4 girls:
    Jessica 2236
    Skylar 1651
    Baylie 1361
    Shannon 1281

The rest:
    Reed 1175
    Jen 1151
    Adam 1105
    DeAndre and Joshua 1018
    Chelsea 1102
    Hollie 1008
    Brielle 925
    Jeremy 907
    Haley 804
    Chase 716
    Erika 713
    Hallie 618
    Creighton 602
    Aaron 583
    Elise 565

vCash
    Thanks shuilee. Here's another one measurement/poll-

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...card-polls.htm

Who is Your Favorite Top 24 Boy?

Heejun Han 30.71% (516 votes)
    Deandre Brackensick 14.88% (250 votes)
    Colton Dixon 14.35% (241 votes)
    Phillip Phillips 12.62% (212 votes)
    Reed Grimm 9.64% (162 votes)
    Joshua Ledet 5.12% (86 votes)
    Eben Franckewitz 3.81% (64 votes)
    Jeremy Rosado 3.1% (52 votes)
    Creighton Fraker 2.38% (40 votes)
    Aaron Sanders 1.25% (21 votes)
    Chase Likens 1.25% (21 votes)
    Adam Brock 0.89% (15 votes)

Total Votes: 1,680

Who Is Your Favorite Top 24 Girl?

Jessica Sanchez 28.54% (459 votes)
    Hollie Cavanaugh 15.3% (246 votes)
    Jen Hirsh 9.95% (160 votes)
    Baylie Brown 7.46% (120 votes)
    Elise Testone 7.34% (118 votes)
    Shannon Magrane 6.84% (110 votes)
    Skylar Laine 6.53% (105 votes)
    Erika Van Pelt 6.53% (105 votes)
    Haley Johnsen 5.1% (82 votes)
    Hallie Day 3.3% (53 votes)
    Chelsea Sorrell 2.18% (35 votes)
    Brielle Von Hugel 0.93% (15 votes)

Total Votes: 1,608

Which Wildcard Do YOU Want to Sing With The Boys On Tuesday?
    Johnny Keyser 42.32% (645 votes)
    David Leathers Jr. 34.32% (523 votes)
    Jermaine Jones 19.36% (295 votes)
    Richie Law 4% (61 votes)

Total Votes: 1,524
    Last edited by haribobo; 02-25-2012 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Steven Tyler stripping and mooning the camera, jumping in the water....Priceless! (Jenifer's reaction a close second )
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    There are so many good singers this year. I'm not sure if there are any fillers - somebody who I think is not talented in some way, who I would not care if they left. It looks like I will be disappointed regardless of who goes...

And am I the only one who likes David Leathers Jr.? I felt he was laughing a little bit at himself and his schtick when he expressed interest in various ladies. That he was short, young and not as handsome as others guys, but didn't let that stop him. Like he was saying, "well, I'm just trying to work with what I've got!" I can't remember any encounter when the female around him was irritated by his presence. Rather, they were smiling and thought it was harmless fun. Plus, I think David has an amazing voice and I'm very saddened that we might be hearing more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Creighton my stunning Starving Artist Boy... And he's into the top 24 and rightfully so! He has put in some spine tingling performances. Kid is amazing.
    Shall we just refer to him as SamHarris2?

Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Heejun really has one of my favorite voices. His tone is so rich and pure. I love his sense of humor too.
    I've liked Heejun from his first audition. But at times when he sings, his accent comes through and lessens the performance. I hope they provide him with someone who can help him improve his diction. Not a lot of work needs to be done...but some.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    She's great, but another one of those teeens who I feel needs a couple of years to develop. She has top 10 potential for sure, but she needs to improve rapidly to have a shot at winning.
    Yeah. That's how I felt about Thia last season, though I think Jessica has more natural talent. But, neither of them seems to have a whole lot of connection to the lyrics.

vCash
    I posted this on a different website, but I thought I'd share it with you all.

One of the many complaints about American Idol is that, for the most part, the contestants don't have "experience". Compare that to The Voice, which seeks performers with "experience", even if they don't explicitly say it. X Factor also seems to want performers with "experience". In fact, "experience" plays a huge role in other talent-based reality shows, namely Project Runway and Top Chef. Rank or relative amateurs can not, need not, and should not apply.

I do think that it's an advantage to have some "experience". But part of the fun of watching shows like American Idol is finding diamonds in the rough. Just because a person hasn't performed or been involved in the business for X amount of years, doesn't mean that they're not talented or that they don't have the stamina to survive a contest, let alone the real world. Different people get to and through the business in different ways. Why is it that we criticize a contestant for being too "trained", and by the same token we want our favorites to be trained like mother****ers? It makes no sense. I personally hate it when people say that they have more experience in one field than their competition, and as such they get to be conceited and stuck-up and worthy of the crown BECAUSE they have had more experience. Remember Allison Kuehn from Cycle 10 of ANTM? She had more experience than any of the other girls, and yet she was the 2nd to be eliminated, and she was a BITCH of the highest order, receiving the most unflattering edit in the show's history.

Should we cut a contestant down because he/she never went on tour with a band and played crummy dives? Should we shun him/her because he/she didn't have the luxury of being born within earshot of music? Should we turn off the TV set or radio because, despite a stellar voice, a contestant didn't have 10 years of training in the industry? No. A lot of these singers didn't even grow up wanting to become a singer, but circumstances led them to become some anyway, even with little experience. Outside of hard work and a little luck, there is no precise formula (not even in the real world) for success that can be applied to all. There is no one path that everyone has to take. There is more than one legitimate way to pay one's dues. Even these reality shows don't have a clause in their contracts saying that you must have had X number of years in the business, otherwise the likes of Clay Aiken and Will Young and even Carrie Underwood (who came onto American Idol as green as the grass on her farm) wouldn't have been seen or heard. At the very least, no one is sleeping or bribing or raping their way to the top... as far as we know.

I feel that experience can only take you so far. Someone may not have as much experience as you, but he or she can still compensate for that in other areas. Christian Siriano didn't have half the experience as Rami Kashou or Chris March or Jillian Lewis on Project Runway (if I recall, he was just out of college at the time), but he won anyway and is now a respected designer. Elliott Yamin wasn't trained like Katharine McPhee was, nor did he have Chris Daughtry or Taylor Hicks' experiences with a band of some sort, but he had the best singing voice of everyone in Season 05. Ann Ward had no experience in the industry other than being turned down for being too tall, whereas Chelsey Hersley had been modeling since she was practically a zygote. But who won ANTM Cycle 15 anyway? Ann did.

In the end, experience is nice to have, but it's not the be-all and end-all.

(End original post)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Tomorrow the top 12/13 men perform. Rumours at mjsbigblog is that the one who joins the top twelve is

Spoiler

. And that there will

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There are a number of good voices, but I really liked Joshua Ledet. I saw him last week for the first time.
    I will start a thread sometime tomorrow mid-day for the Tuesday show and include a poll so we can vote for who we like best.

He's my #2 favourite (between Heejun and Jessica Sanchez).

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Sssooooo glad that arrogant little prick Cowboy a--hole did not make it (Ritchie Law for those that want a name). Although it would have been pure delight if they would have brought out Heejun and Cowboy jerk boy out as the final two, where one goes thru and the other gets cut, after all the drama they threw at us with those two bickering. Oh THAT would have been priceless! How the hell did the producers mess that one up?
    I think the producers like Heejun and do not like Ritchie. When they use footage of the two of them, they both end up looking bad (to varying degrees). And because the producers like Heejun, they don't want him to look worse than he already has.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Adam went to my alma mater. I've just received my first "Vote for your fellow alum!" e-mail from the college.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112