Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Well, that was unexpected.

Spoiler

I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Also something interesting I read on Survivor Sucks? Someone noticed that no one has lost 100 lbs yet and they've had 8 weigh-ins. The closest is Buddy and he's at like 87 or so. In previous recent seasons, we've had contestants busting through the 100 barrier in as little as 6 weigh-ins. Now, the time in between each of them might be different for each season, and also I realize that a lot of the bigger guys got booted (or quit) early on, so that might be a factor as well, but it really seems like this group is losing weight at a lot slower pace than seasons' past. Probably because none of them are there for the right reasons anymore.
    I think it's tied to having a much smaller cast this season - the race to lose 100 lbs really started when the starting weights reached ridiculous heights. And, as you said, most of the biggest guys left early.

But yeah, overall this has been an under-performing cast. I don't blame splitting up the teams...I think that was a pretty good move. I just think most of these people suck.

Can someone give a recap of the 2nd hour? I was watching The River. Who won the 10K row challenge? Who was eliminated?

ETA: never mind, I read the twop recap. For those who didn't watch, Chism won the row challenge (no surprise), the black team lost the weight loss challenge, but Chism was the only member of the team to not make his weight, so he automatically went home. Mark(? - his dad, who's on the red team) spazzed out offering to go home instead, and then said he was leaving too, although it's not clear if that was resolved in the ep or was left as a dramatik cliff hanger.

Congrats to Buddy and Emily for dropping big numbers! and being among the only likeable people on the show
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Did the previews for next week give any clues about Mark? (The OnDemand version I watch from Comcast doesn't include the next episode's preview.) Just from watching the episode it seemed like he was ok with everything after he calmed down a bit.

Seconding the cheer for Emily. There's something about her that reminds me a bit of Tara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Did the previews for next week give any clues about Mark? (The OnDemand version I watch from Comcast doesn't include the next episode's preview.) Just from watching the episode it seemed like he was ok with everything after he calmed down a bit.
    say that he calmed down after the producers intervened in the middle of his outburst and said that they weren't going to bend the rules specifically for him. I read about the whole thing... I find it so hilarious that he was so against Daphne & Adrian getting a second chance (in a game-twist that they all knew was going to happen and was planned out by the producers even before the season started) and then he whines and moans that Chism should get a second chance because he missed his goal by "only 1 pound."

vCash
    I feel so bad for Sami. There have been so many outbursts and she usually just sits there like she doesn't know what to do. You know Jeff Probst would never put up with any kind of nonsense.

vCash
    You mean Ali?

vCash
    I suppose, since Sami Brady wouldn't put up with the nonsense, either.

vCash
    I love Sami Brady. I was so happy that Alison got this gig. I just hope this crop of contestants doesn't ruin it for because it gets cancelled.

I also love EJ Dimera too... James Scott is hot. haha
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Just caught up on last week's show (right in time before tonight's show starts). These excuses the show has to make up every week and then the corresponding twists are getting a little lame.

I did like this exchange though:
    Cassandra: We have to switch trainers? I could literally cry.
    *cut to shot of Emily crying*

Ah well, let's see what happens this week.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Just bumping it up for tonight...

Personally, regardless of what Chris said during the weigh in about her and Antone's face off, IMO he crossed a line there. Poor lady was embrassed enough about that chicken not being cooked all the way through, which would have happened *if* a certain someone hadn't hogged the big burner to cook his banana and pushed her to the back ones.

I wanted to reach through the screen and slap him for the way he treated Chris. Not cool IMO.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I wonder if Antone did it on his own or if it was producer induced so Bob could have another psychology consult.

vCash
    Antone? Wasn't he on last season?

vCash
    yes, 3 people from last season were brought back to judge a cooking challenge.

I wanted to slap Chris for whining, not Antone. Agree that the producers probably made Antone go as far as he did (especially since he went and apologized later), but Chris is so infuriating - she embodies the whole "making excuses" thing. I think she really hates her life and is dreading going back to it after the show.

It was nice to see Conda actually doing something that she's good at without being a complete jerk (until she lost, anyway), but I was thrilled for Kim for winning the challenge.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Has Jeremy not paid a lick of attention? Behind the scenes, I thought they have tons of nutritional education and cooking sessions, etc. And he was going to make French Toast with strawberry jam cream cheese and bananas? I don't care if he used sugar free maple syrup and no butter, fried bread dipped in egg covered with jam & cream cheese, bananas, and syrup cannot be in the Biggest Loser cookbook.

I thought Megan's looked the most appetizing.

vCash
    I thought Megan was also going to win. Jeremy was just amusing for me. He needs "the Bachelor's guide to cooking" because it's obviously not his strength. I love how the other contestants were even teasing him. Chris also makes me angry -- she's a really abrasive personality. I feel for her, because she obviously has some challenges in her life, but I find she's always making excuses and rubbing people the wrong way. I am very sad that Megan left the show. She was my favorite!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I was so happy to see Megan achieved what one of my her main goals for going on the show was. Getting back to Barrel Racing. She really looked good out there too for how long she's had to have been gone from the sport. Also Congratulations to the Bride to Be and also to her Fiance on also dropping a lot of weight and getting healthy too. For him to realize he needed to change too just not for himself, but also for Megan, now that's a keeper.

Megan looked so stunning in that one dress and her Mom looked she was going to burst w/the pride she felt. I hope we get to see Wedding Pictures somehow after the Wedding next September.

I'm so over and done w/Jeremy it's not even funny. If I have to hear him go on about "the Ladies" one more time, I'll screech. He's also one of the ones who IMO should have dropped a bunch more weight by now. Along w/his sister, who was the one who did the most whining on Bob's bike ride shocker of shockers.

As soon as I knew it was Megan against Mark, I knew who was going home. No way one of the "alliance" was going home.

Makeover week at the White House could be interesting next week.

vCash
    Teases! This thread has been dead a couple of weeks then it kept getting bumped. I thought Conda had finally gotten taken out and watched the show earlier than I normally would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Teases! This thread has been dead a couple of weeks then it kept getting bumped. I thought Conda had finally gotten taken out and watched the show earlier than I normally would.
    I wish she would get taken out.

vCash
    Boo to a filler episode! I guess I will just have to be content with Conda's 1-lb disadvantage and hope it does some damage.

vCash
    one can only hope!

Chris is totally but dayum her makeover was fantastic.

And Kim is totally foxy!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast