Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Just finally watched last week's episode and, like others, am so glad that Daphne beat Conda even with Conda's 2-lb advantage. I'm sure the producers loved the idea of a Daphne vs. Conda face off. They were going for a sympathetic Conda edit this week, but hearing her talk to Dolvett and use the word "like" about 39 times in one conversation made me want to reach for the fast forward button.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I don't know if there's ever been a TBL contestant that I disliked so much that I was actually rooting for them to fail at their weight loss goals. Even when I haven't cared for the person, I've been able to root for them to succeed. With Conda, she's such an unrepentant jerk that I pretty much hope that she will have gained weight every time she steps on the scale.

I just hope the editors aren't setting us up for the ultimate redemption: her winning (either the whole thing or the at-home portion)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm fully expecting to hear some boo's at the finale when Conda is on the scale/stage.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I think I like Conda even less than crazy Tracey (the season Danny won) and manipulative Vicky (the season Michelle won).
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Crazy Tracey was awful, but she was so off the hook there seemed to be something genuinely wrong with her. Conda is just a bitch.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Conda is a b*tch. Why does she have so much power and why do her peers support her so much? Sometimes I feel like reaching into my television and giving her a good slap.

vCash
    I missed last night's ep - how disappointing that both of Team Aqua are gne so soon after getting back on the ranch! But I was happy to see (esp after my previous post) that Conda gained a pound

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Daphne was out for revenge and not thinking strategically. I guess she might have thought her days were numbered anyway so she'd try to jeopardize Conda and her brother on the way out.

Link to Big Speculation/Spoiler for future episode twist (in spoiler tabs because title of link gives it away - so don't roll over it if you don't want to know):

Spoiler

Last edited by Rob; 02-22-2012 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    wow, some of these contestants have really misinterpreted what competing for the title of "Biggest Loser" is about.

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Daphne was out for revenge and not thinking strategically. I guess she might have thought her days were numbered anyway so she'd try to jeopardize Conda and her brother on the way out.

Link to Big Speculation/Spoiler for future episode twist (in spoiler tabs because title of link gives it away - so don't roll over it if you don't want to know):

Spoiler

What I find funny about this so-called spoiler article is that the photo shows Jeremy still wearing his black and the background looks like the room used for the food challenge.

Felt bad for Daphne that she felt she had to go the revenge route because she knew the black team weren't exactly accepting her as part of them. Pity, cause I could see her really helping them win the weigh-offs.

Conda - I just don't get the loyalty she commands with both the Red & Black teams. Please, enough of her already. Get her off my TV, I am sick to death of her.

BTW, I'm not really liking anyone in this season -- except for Bob and that's only cause I like him better than Dulvett. Bring back Jillian. I could sooooo see her kicking some of that butt to the curb, so to speak. For a season that's supposed to be "No Excuses" it certainly seems like there are still plenty of them to go around.

Oh yeah, how long do people think it took for Bob to know the Black team tanked the weigh-in? Two people, three, four? And how long do people think it took the Red team and Dulvett to reach the same conclusion. If I were Daphne, I think I would have outed my "team" to Bob regarding their eating habits since they all seemed to feel they worked hard that week. Be on the lookout for a Black comeback next episode.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    I was shocked to see that Conda is 23 years old. She acts so much younger, I'd thought she was only around 18 or so.
    Really? I'd assumed Cun-da was much older from her appearance. Her behavior doesn't seem immature to me, it almost seems like she's like a cranky old woman, not that all old women are cranky. This show hasn't had someone this unlikable since Kai in the third season.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    wow, some of these contestants have really misinterpreted what competing for the title of "Biggest Loser" is about.

Spoiler

Spoiler

vCash
    good points

vCash
    This show completely disgusts me now. All of the middle school drama, the fighting, the bitching, the whining, the quitting from the people at the beginning of the season.

This used to be such a feel-good show. I used to watch an episode and then high-tail it to the gym to work out for an hour because I felt completely empowered after watching it. I'd pay attention to what I was eating a bit closer. I'd take the stairs rather than the elevator. This show inspired me to run a freaking marathon for crying out loud.

I can't stand all of this catty 6th-grade drama that is this season. I don't get involved in political debates because they get so freaking uncomfortable for me to be in or witness, and I am getting the same type of feeling when I'm watching this, especially this last episode. It's disgusting. Not one single person has their head on straight as to why they are there. If Conda was gone I bet 90% of them would, but that's beside the point.

I'm tuning out until next season. Sad to say, because I used to really look forward to Tuesday nights, but I guess now the conflict with Idol will be non-existent. I'll probably peek at how the season is unfolding every now and then, and perhaps if all of the people are gone, I'll tune in, but I think the only ones who are not on my shit list are Chris, Buddy, and... I don't know who else.

Also, if Conda happens to win, I would rather not witness that.

vCash
    I don't know why, but I never watch this show but every year I read this thread. Huh.

I tend to workout in my condo's gym every Tuesday using the treadmill. There is another resident who runs the same time I do and she turns the tv on to watch The Biggest Loser. That's fine, as I listen to Glee volumes 1-7 on my mp3 player.

Anyways, I HATE it when the contestants fling down their weights onto the floor, causing a crashing sound. That is just poor gym etiquette and the trainers should know better.

vCash
    I haven't missed an episode since the show started several seasons ago but after this last episode I am calling it quits for this season. Conda, Kim and Mark? are vile. People like that disgust me. I read on facebook people think the hate on for the aqua team was based on race but I don't think that was the issue. The concept of bringing someone back after teams have already bonded sets people up. Add in a couple whiney brat bullies and this is what happens.

If the spoiler is true...I know a very easy solution
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The only person who was eliminated, came back, and won was Ali, right? And she was on campus for quite a while before her elimination. In other seasons, when they brought in "at home" contestants, they always went home quickly.

Twilight - I think I like your solution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I haven't missed an episode since the show started several seasons ago but after this last episode I am calling it quits for this season.
    I actually turned it off in the middle the other night and went to bed. I have never done that before. Even Vile Vicky and Heba were not as bad, at least they didn't have the whole house backing them.

vCash
    Quite a change from last season when I liked pretty much all of the contestants.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I read on facebook people think the hate on for the aqua team was based on race....
    Definitely the reception Team Aqua got when they returned was unfortunate...and the fact that they were the only African American team certainly looked bad. I don't think the main reason for their treatment was race, but I do think it was a (subconscious) factor. They were completely treated as The Other from the moment they stepped on campus, even though everyone knew from the start there was a possibility the team would come back. I've missed a couple of seasons , but I don't recall any returning team treated so poorly on this show.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast