Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Survivor: One World (Season 24)

So what do we think of the new cast:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/18/su...cast-revealed/

Be interesting to see how the man vs woman twist goes in comparison to the season that Chris won when hes the last man standing amongst a bunch of women!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I like the changes, on paper at least. No Redemption Island , and girls against guys is made far more interesting by putting them on the same beach.

Like the DIY challenges too - they usually don't bore us with too much of the routine camp life, so this will be a chance to see who has leadership qualities, who is a control freak, who steps up, etc.

Kinda funny that casting put a guy on the show who wants to be called Tarzan, with another guy who already goes by Troyzan.

vCash
    They made a lot of changes for the season. Yay for RI being gone, not sure how the HII twist will play out and am confused on the Do It Yourself Challenge part.

Guess I will have to watch to find out.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I'm glad to see reward challenges return. I missed them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I'm glad to see reward challenges return. I missed them.
    Me too!
    2/15/12! I'm glad they considered starting after Nationals!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wonder which one is the gay guy.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I wonder which one is the gay guy.
    That would be Colton Cumbie, the 21-year-old college student from Alabama, I believe.

Can't wait for the new season! That and The Apprentice starts in February, too! Happy days are here again (at least through this cold winter).

vCash
    I am super excited for two tribes on one beach. It is going to add an interesting element to strategy, and I would imagine there will not be a tribal divide once the "merge" comes... if you can call it a merge, since they'll already be living together. Tribal dissolvement? More like there will be cross-tribal alliances and there will be lots of strategy flying around from tribe to tribe especially when vote scrambling begins.

Anyways. I didn't read the article so I don't know if it is mentioned, but I read on Survivor Sucks that when you find an immunity idol, you have to give it to someone from the other tribe. So you don't get to keep it for yourself. Could be interesting, but, and I have plunked this note on the piano way too many times by now, I just wish they'd get rid of the whole HII concept. It's added nothing to the game other than wasted airtime the last several seasons.

Well, I guess Sophie's last word at the FTC sealed her win when she brought up Mr. Honor & Integrity's actions regarding it last season. That was epic.

Reward challenges are back!!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    That would be Colton Cumbie, the 21-year-old college student from Alabama, I believe.

Can't wait for the new season! That and The Apprentice starts in February, too! Happy days are here again (at least through this cold winter).
    I was being silly. I saw the video of the contestants that was in the link and it was so obvious which one was gay that it wasn't even funny.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Anyways. I didn't read the article so I don't know if it is mentioned, but I read on Survivor Sucks that when you find an immunity idol, you have to give it to someone from the other tribe.
    Yes, they mentioned it. I think it is an interesting twist.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Anyways. I didn't read the article so I don't know if it is mentioned, but I read on Survivor Sucks that when you find an immunity idol, you have to give it to someone from the other tribe. So you don't get to keep it for yourself. Could be interesting, but, and I have plunked this note on the piano way too many times by now, I just wish they'd get rid of the whole HII concept. It's added nothing to the game other than wasted airtime the last several seasons.
    First, at your turn of phrase.

I think with this twist they are trying to encourage cross-tribal alliances from the get go. If the teams stick to themselves, then they wouldn't bother even trying to find the idol, because then they'd have to give it up.

The question is, will they tell them in advance, thus suggesting cross-tribal alliances, or will the first person to find it and learn the rule then figure out the opportunity it brings?

The challenge will be if a tribe goes looking for it en masse, and they will have to agree to who gets it - more like JT's failed attempt of getting someone from the opposition to join them.

It occurs to me that a HII thrown into The Bachelor could be a lot of fun

vCash
    A few thoughts...

LOTS of hot bodies in this one.

Jeff is saying that a lot of the hot bodies are also fans of Survivor. That didn't work so great for Cochran, wonder if it will help these people.

Love the idea of boys against the girls. Boys always get their testosterone going and then end up falling on their faces.

Also love the idea of two tribes, one camp. I suspect that this will go over very well and that we will see this scenario again in upcoming seasons.

Having to share the HII means no more Russell Hantz, so that's a good thing! LOL

And speaking of Russell, I'm glad no past castaways are on this season. Enough already.

And oh by the way, liking to live out of doors doesn't help on Survivor. This is a LOT harder than you think it will be.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Jeff is saying that a lot of the hot bodies are also fans of Survivor. That didn't work so great for Cochran, wonder if it will help these people.
    As Pat Sajak says, there are no bankrupts on the wheel and it's always your spin at home.

Love the idea of boys against the girls. Boys always get their testosterone going and then end up falling on their faces.
    I think it will be the other way. As we've seen time and time again on this, BB and Bachelor Pad, bro code can survive a lot of temptation. The women OTOH tend to betray one another when a man is involved, and I think being on the same beach with them is going to distract from any hope of strategy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    As we've seen time and time again on this, BB and Bachelor Pad, bro code can survive a lot of temptation. The women OTOH tend to betray one another when a man is involved, and I think being on the same beach with them is going to distract from any hope of strategy.
    Only think I have to say about that is...Eric and Natalie.

My comment really related to challenges. I remember so vividly how the men blew the first challenge on Vanuatu for example after talking big before the event.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    My comment really related to challenges. I remember so vividly how the men blew the first challenge on Vanuatu for example after talking big before the event.
    True - they are likely to put on a lot of bravado and assume they've won before it even starts. Another thing we've seen many times on Survivor is that big muscly guys aren't always the strongest, and over time the lack of food really affects them, whereas often the tiny girls are surprisingly strong and resilient.

vCash
    This happened in the Amazon season, too, I believe. Ironically, it was a balance-beam-type challenge that hung up both of these tribes.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Premiere tonight!

My local station keeps running a promo that says "for the first time ever, two tribes will live on one beach!" I guess they've forgotten Thailand and the false merge?

vCash
    I'm ready to watch Survivor again after taking last season off. Glad to see a whole new cast and it will be interesting to see how the one beach works.

vCash
    Thanks for bumping this up--I got a new DVR yesterday, nothing programmed yet. Can't wait for this one!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    it will be interesting to see how the one beach works.
    I'm optimistic that this new twist will really pay off for the show. Well that, and the fact that this season will be a Hantz free zone!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast