Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    They were perfectly entitled to skate to the OD they did. I'm of mixed race & would find nothing offensive over an ice dance programe. Because that's all it is.
    Well many Aboriginal Australians would care to disagree.

If the dance was meant to be a representation of Australian Aboriginal dancing, they were so off the mark it wasn't funny and ended up being incredibly disrespectful.

The Australian dance team also did an Aboriginal FD but they did their research and also consulted with Aboriginal people to make sure they were doing the right things. Here is their OD from 2008 which they then did again for the 2009-2010 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCUKY...48AUAAAAAAAEAA
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Well many Aboriginal Australians would care to disagree.

If the dance was meant to be a representation of Australian Aboriginal dancing, they were so off the mark it wasn't funny and ended up being incredibly disrespectful.

The Australian dance team also did an Aboriginal FD but they did their research and also consulted with Aboriginal people to make sure they were doing the right things. Here is their OD from 2008 which they then did again for the 2009-2010 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCUKY...48AUAAAAAAAEAA
    I was speaking for me & no one else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    After the Europeans it is comical you believed Domnina & Shabalin were still the gold favorites. Need you be reminded they lost both the OD and FD to Faiella & Scali there, and most considered their victory there a gift by an inflated CD score. Talk of a NA sweep became very prominent after that event. At the Olympics F&S again probably deserved to beat Domnina & Shabalin overall, if they were judged properly Domnina & Shabalin would have finished in 5th place.

Delobel & Schoenfelder had not competed in 14 months and barely trained. They were never going to be ready to be contenders of any kind in Vancouver. 6th or 7th was right for them at the Olympics, they only stayed ahead of Pechalat & Bourzat based on seniority most likely.

Davis & White and Virtue & Moir had been dominating the season and far outscoring anyone else be it Belbin & Agosto all season, or Domnina & Shabalin at Europeans. It was always clear they were the likely gold and silver winners in Vancouver.
    If you find it comical I'm happy I gave you a good laugh !

vCash
    I was speaking for me & no one else.
    No you were actually condoning something that many found offensive and was totally lacking in cultural research and sensitivity.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    No you were actually condoning something that many found offensive and was totally lacking in cultural research and sensitivity.
    What is it with you?.
    I have my opinion & you have yours. I'm not condoning anything I just said I did not find it offensive. If you do that's your problem not mine.
    Why don't you take it up with Domnina & Shabolin if it offends you so much?.

vCash
    What is it with you?.
    I have my opinion & you have yours. I'm not condoning anything I just said I did not find it offensive. If you do that's your problem not mine.
    So I am not allowed to challenge your opinion?

Why don't you take it up with Domnina & Shabolin if it offends you so much?
    Bit late now.

vCash
    Pasha, do you see how the dance could offend people?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Pasha, do you see how the dance could offend people?
    Of course. But like I said, I'm mixed race & have had far worse things said to me than this programe could ever do.
    It's been two years since Vancouver & there were people who stood up for D/S.
    The IOC or ISU should have stepped in & done something if they thought that the programe was too offensive.
    I agree that at the Europeans that year they went too far with the costumes & was amazed that nothing was said before hand.
    But in the world & times we live in I'm not going to get angry over an ice dance programe that will never be skated to again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Regarding Domnina/Shabalin programs, there was a school of thought that Linichuk, being no one's fool, gave them the rather outlandish OD and controversial (in terms of lifting via costume parts, etc.) FD to deflect attention from Shabalin's inability, due to deteriorated knees, to execute certain maneuvers. Domnina/Shabalin were far the best in the Tango but simply could not keep pace with the top two teams' technical elements.
    Very good
    close to the truth, the TANGO was at least 5 point above all others..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123