Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 116
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In the DelSchoes mask voids!
    Posts
    2,696
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I don't get that perception of Holly at all. I see her as a working mother who has 2 other children and a husband to tend to, and she's said as much. I don't think that she's really referenced her degrees.....that's Abby who keeps referencing Holly's education, not Holly. She is clear that she is a school principal (which doesn't require having a PhD) and that she has other reponsibilities. What I question is the mothers who have absolutely nothing to do but watch their kids in dance class hours upon hours a day. They have nothing better to do than to watch their kids. All of them live in their heads. That is a bigger concern

    Exactly. My main problem is that Abby needs to take her issues up with Holly in private, and not out on Nia. Although I think Abby did have a point about Holly not being able to attend some of Nia's competitions. Fair enough if she has work related commitments, but why couldn't her Husband or a grand parent fill in?? It's not that Holly specfically needs to be there for every single event/competition, but Nia should have some support from another family member in lieu of Holly's absence.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hula-hooping with Michelle Obama
    Posts
    3,790
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18750
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    Exactly. My main problem is that Abby needs to take her issues up with Holly in private, and not out on Nia. Although I think Abby did have a point about Holly not being able to attend some of Nia's competitions. Fair enough if she has work related commitments, but why couldn't her Husband or a grand parent fill in?? It's not that Holly specfically needs to be there for every single event/competition, but Nia should have some support from another family member in lieu of Holly's absence.
    I agree.....every kid should have some support. Maybe her husband tends to their sons' extracurricular activities and she tends to Nia. I don't know....maybe there are no grandparents in the picture. But Abby does need to respect the fact that most women now work, and that Christi, Jill, and Kelly are not the norm. Most moms don't have that kind of time. Hell, most stay-home moms aren't going to spend the hours that they do watching class. But clearly, education is important to Holly since she works in the field. I think that it is good that Nia see that there is more to life than just dancing.

    Another question....Christi's other daughter is a year or 2 old. Who is with her? Just curious.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,466
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1553
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I agree.....every kid should have some support. Maybe her husband tends to their sons' extracurricular activities and she tends to Nia. I don't know....maybe there are no grandparents in the picture. But Abby does need to respect the fact that most women now work, and that Christi, Jill, and Kelly are not the norm. Most moms don't have that kind of time. Hell, most stay-home moms aren't going to spend the hours that they do watching class. But clearly, education is important to Holly since she works in the field. I think that it is good that Nia see that there is more to life than just dancing.
    Kids should have support and Holly is there a lot, but kids have to learn that parent have to pay for it too and can't always be there.

    Another question....Christi's other daughter is a year or 2 old. Who is with her? Just curious.
    I'm assuming her husband.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Troy, Rensselaer County, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,494
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Fine, her daughter can go in the back row, and her daughter should know whose fault it was.
    It is NOT Abby's job to point that out, especially the way she did it. It was unprofessional in the extreme.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,466
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1553
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I don't get that perception of Holly at all. I see her as a working mother who has 2 other children and a husband to tend to, and she's said as much. I don't think that she's really referenced her degrees.....that's Abby who keeps referencing Holly's education, not Holly. She is clear that she is a school principal (which doesn't require having a PhD) and that she has other reponsibilities. What I question is the mothers who have absolutely nothing to do but watch their kids in dance class hours upon hours a day. They have nothing better to do than to watch their kids. All of them live in their heads. That is a bigger concern
    Some schools do require their principals have a PHD; it all depends on the one she works at.

    I work 10 hours a day but at 5:30 the time is for my kid and I can spend all night and all weekend watching him play sports so it's really not all that odd.

    I think Abby may be a little jealous of Holly's degrees.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just saw the ads for the new season, it starts March 8th in Canada

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Lapsed skating fan
    Posts
    14,711
    vCash
    550
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok, so the gold outfits with the guns? No biggie, they were obviously very toy-like, not real models of guns.

    But those wedding dress costumes in the preview for next week? OMG! Awful!

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,284
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    5352
    I kind of felt bad for Abbey this week. (Shocking to say) I thought Holly was out of line for interrupting the rehearsal with her demands. Of course we know it's all staged unless all of the mothers decide to have conversations with Abbey from the encouragement of the other mothers.

    I am curious as to who is suing who on next week's episode.

  9. #89
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,343
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2366
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I kind of felt bad for Abbey this week. (Shocking to say) I thought Holly was out of line for interrupting the rehearsal with her demands. Of course we know it's all staged unless all of the mothers decide to have conversations with Abbey from the encouragement of the other mothers.
    I have to wonder if the timing was the suggestion of the producers, because while I think Holly can be a snob, she's usually not the insane stage mother. She REALLY shot her daughter in the foot herself on that (I mean, seriously, who else was Abby going to use as the swing for the trio?)

    And I was catching up with last week's as well, and day-um, Jill is a PSYCHO. I mean, seriously, either she is acting or she is off her meds. And anyone think that the Dance Moms producers had a lot more to do with her daughter dancing for the Globetrotters than Cathy Candy Apple?

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,284
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    5352
    Yeah, Jill's daughter getting a Globetrotter Performance seemed kind of random.
    Jill and Cathy should get along very well as they are both OTT crazy...

  11. #91
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,343
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2366
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Yeah, Jill's daughter getting a Globetrotter Performance seemed kind of random.
    Jill and Cathy should get along very well as they are both OTT crazy...
    And I admit, her daughter (Kendal?) seems like a nice girl, and a decent dancer, despite having a bipolar psychopath for a mother and now being stuck with Cathy as a teacher (I was at Jill being all "Wow, you fixed three things in fifteen minutes!" Getting her to do it right once is nice, honey. It's not fixed until it's right the majority of the time.) But that Globetrotter thing--you can't tell me that wasn't producer manipulation.

    Though I loved when the Globetrotters were congratulating her and the one player held up his hand for a high-five, and I mean UP. Given how tall he is, probably nine or ten feet in the air.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,799
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Did anyone watch last night?

    I think Abby's favoritism hit a new level in that episode. B/c she knew the ballet school scout was going to be there, she made sure to give Maddie the best stuff and make her as visible as possible. I do think Maddie is a wonderful dancer and she's special, but Abby is definitely causing issues by spending so much time on her an no one else. I don't know if it was editing or what, but it did seem like she spent hardly any time working with anyone who wasn't Maddie...

    Next week is going to be drama-filled. It's the mid-season finale and judging from the previews it looks like Maddie might crack under the pressure of the audition! They show Maddie freaking out back stage and then they show Abby freaking out as well talking about her reputation on the line, etc. We've seen Chloe, Paige and Nia freeze up on stage but never Maddie...I wonder what Abby will do if she blanks in the middle of the biggest audition of her life?

    I'm excited to see Dance Moms: Miami too! We thought these moms were crazy, the moms in Miami are even more psycho! One mom was fussing at her daughter b/c she wasn't at the top of the pyramid saying she "owed" it to her to be at the top. Plus this ought to be interesting b/c the dance teachers are males.

    I'll definitely be watching...

  13. #93
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,343
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2366
    I don't know...I mean, besides maybe Chloe, do any of the girls HAVE it? No matter how much time Abby spends with them? Maybe Nia. She's got spark.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,799
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Nia does have a lot spark and attitude but she's sloppy and often forgets her technique. She's getting better though...

    I don't think Paige is given enough time to shine. She killed that one solo she had and placed first too. I think if Abby gave her the opportunity to play the front instead of the back she might surprise people...

  15. #95
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,343
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2366
    OTOH I'm not quite sure Brooke's really with it any more. I REALLY AM NOT bodysnarking, been on the recieving end, but she appears to be in a growth spurt, she's looking more teen/young woman than 'little girl', and she's not quite as flexible as before. And she is NEVER smiling.

    I think Paige actually benefits being taken out of the trio with Maddie and Chloe, because she doesn't impress me much next to them and I don't think you can blame it on Abby. (Also, one thing about that--yeah, Maddie gets more attention. I get the impression her mother works for Abby to PAY FOR MORE LESSONS. If they other moms want their daughters to get the one on one, buy more privates. That's how life works.)

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In the DelSchoes mask voids!
    Posts
    2,696
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I get the impression her mother works for Abby to PAY FOR MORE LESSONS. If they other moms want their daughters to get the one on one, buy more privates. That's how life works.)
    Agreed. Sometimes I agree with Christy's gripes about Maddie getting better choreo, ect. But I didn't understand what she meant about Maddie getting more individual "attention" when that attention is paid for private lessons that Melissa buys for her daughter. She did have a point when Chloe's solo was interrupted for Maddie's "performance" for the older students. If that was supposed to be private time that Christy paid for Chloe to have, I'd be pissed too.

    The show doesn't really do a good job of explaining how things work. Does each girl that gets a solo get an alloted amount of time with Abby to practice, and if they want extra they have to pay for privates? If that's how it works then Christy just needs to pony up the $$ for more privates.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Christy needs to take her complaints to Abby and Abby only. And if she cannot get the issue resolved to her satisfaction then she and Chloe need to find another studio. Of course I think Christy loves being on camera though she will say it is all for Chloe. I think her (Christy) segments are a big waste of my time. I do like to tune in the last twenty minutes to see the actual dances. The one adult I do like in all of this is Holly as she appears to think before she opens her mouth. And I think she had a valid complaint about some of the music/costume selections for Nia last year.

    I give the kids a lot of credit in this. Most of their competitors are not debuting new numbers every week. I hope they don't burn out.

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,799
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I give the kids a lot of credit in this. Most of their competitors are not debuting new numbers every week. I hope they don't burn out.
    From the looks of it, that's what's going to happen to Maddie next episode.

    Despite all of the b*tching that we get from the mothers, I really admire the relationship all of the girls have with each other. They are all very supportive of each other and I think that's wonderful to see in a group of girls that are competitive against each other. I really admire Maddie's attitude. She makes it clear that she loves to dance and likes to win, but she's happy to give other people the chance to be on top. Given that she's Abby's favorite (and she knows it) and frequently wins competitions, she could be a total nightmare...but she genuinely seems like a sweet girl and I really like that.

    Same thing goes for Chloe. Abby is constantly comparing Chloe to Maddie and telling her she should be like Maddie, etc. That kind of stuff could easily make Chloe resent Maddie but she doesn't. Chloe knows Maddie is her competition and that makes her work harder...if there's jealousy there (and I'm sure there is a little bit) it doesn't come out in their interactions with each other.

    All of the jealous and resent seems to come out through their mothers...

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Troy, Rensselaer County, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,494
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I cannot believe that Abby is giving these girls grief about their practice attire NOW, on the eve of the Joffrey audition. It's a bit late for that. She should have had a dress code set up for her classes from day 1 (like the studio *I* went to has) and consistantly enforced it.

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think it is safe to say that this week especially Abby is a hot mess.

    Happy for Chloe....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •