Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Anyone watching the new season of Dance Moms?

I just love this show! Anyone else watching?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Apparently the USA women's gymnastics team was - a number of them have tweeted that they're addicted to the show and always watch it at team camp together. I've tivo'd it, but haven't watched yet.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Absolutely; I'm addicted as can be.

vCash
    Love that show and all its train wreck moments.

vCash
    I was going to start a thread last week but couldn't bring myself to admit that I watch! I ti-vo'ed last night....haven't had time to watch yet
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I had a big laugh when I found out my orthopaedist was actually one of this woman's prize students from 15 years ago. She said the owner/main teacher is really a great lady and that the TV show isn't true to what she experienced.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I was going to start a thread last week but couldn't bring myself to admit that I watch! I ti-vo'ed last night....haven't had time to watch yet
    LOL, I thought about starting a thread and then thought "What if I'm the only one watching season 2?"

They TOTALLY hired Cathy and the Candy Apples to be the villains. Though for Erin's sake I hope the age-category confusion was an honest mistake and not Cathy trying to skunk Brooke with a ringer. I get that the age brackets counted like that can be confusing, but find it hard to believe Cathy's done that comp before and was truly confused.

And really, while the girls up front were good (and agreed, more like 14-15 than 12-13) in her group number, did she really think poor Vivi and that ginger kid really added to it rather than just looked horribly out of place? And the puppy thing sounds like she's bribing Vivi to keep at it...

vCash
    ^^I agree. Vivi (bless her heart) would rather be doing anything than that. Last season she said she only dances for her mom...she doesn't like any of it.

I love the show! Those moms are crazy, Abbey is nuts, Cathy is hilarious in her delusions...it's awesome.

I heard they're supposed to be airing a Dance Moms: Miami at some point, a six-episode mini about a dance studio in FL. I can see this franchise expanding (Dance Moms: New York, Dance Moms: LA, etc.). It could become another "Housewives of ______" show.

I wonder if that "Ice Moms" show will ever materialize. I'd love to see the drama with ice skaters and their parents...

vCash
    Did you see the Dance Mom's and Abby on Anderson Cooper? Pretty good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Did you see the Dance Mom's and Abby on Anderson Cooper? Pretty good stuff.
    Missed it - details, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Ditto

vCash
    Cool - thanks for the heads-up!

I'll have to grab the latest eppys on Hulu. That's was how I was watching it last season (since cutting back my cable to Basic a year ago), but since TW decided to give me Expanded Basic at Broadcast Basic price $9.00/month) I can acutally see it on TV again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And the puppy thing sounds like she's bribing Vivi to keep at it...
    She mentioned last season that she had offered Vivi an iPad to practice Abby's bumblebee dance more. So a puppy is in her way of thinking.

My favorite Vivi moment of the night was when she cut her finger on her mom's ring. "I hope I can still dance." You know she was praying that she wouldn't be able to dance again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Ditto
    The audience was mostly judgmental about how tough Abby was and how could the moms put their kids though that.

A few dance teachers were in the audience who said they do get on their kids but not to that screamy extent and berate and belittle them.

Abby said she trains champions but then it seemed that not too many of the graduates went on to do anything too huge. Audience laughed….

They asked Abby about the outfits and if they are too sexy and she said no. Abby seemed nice and the moms seems to have her back in a cautious way. They did stick up for their girls. The new mom was there, I still don’t like her.

The girls danced and someone said something about what they wore but it was a turtleneck – very conservative IMO. The moves were not suggestive at all but I can see how people who are not knowledgeable about dance may not like things like the controlled lift kick. But it’s a normal move in dance, even at their age.

Anderson sent the girls to a Broadway show, they squealed with excitement.

Abby tends to have diarrhea of the mouth.

I love Anderson!

vCash
    Thanks for the recap.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I looked at Abby's studio's 'graduates' list, and while there aren't really any ballet or ballroom champs, there ARE a lot of working dancers who are making a living. Which is a pretty good thing.

vCash
    Here's a link to some of the clips from that Anderson Cooper appearance.

We need to start a Free Vivi movement ! The poor girl. That monotone "I hope I can still dance" comment was

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I looked at Abby's studio's 'graduates' list, and while there aren't really any ballet or ballroom champs, there ARE a lot of working dancers who are making a living. Which is a pretty good thing.
    Yep-lots of cruise dancers and I think one or two on broadway, which isn't bad! Dance covers a wide spectrum. I wouldn't expect a great ballet dancer to come from this environment, but thesr's nothing wrong with any form of dance that entertains, communicates, and draws a pay check.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Yep-lots of cruise dancers and I think one or two on broadway, which isn't bad! Dance covers a wide spectrum. I wouldn't expect a great ballet dancer to come from this environment, but thesr's nothing wrong with any form of dance that entertains, communicates, and draws a pay check.
    Yep, consistently turning out dancers who are earning a living as dancers is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

shan: ITA, Free Vivi! More puppies, less plies!

vCash
    Working dancers yes, however, I think the point that was being made by some of the dance teachers in the audience was that many studios graduate employable dancers in many capacities. Abby really does nothing special in that regard.

If she said I have 20 Rockettes out of 50 out there or out of all the kids I have graduated 15 have gone onto perform on Broadway, she would set herself apart, but she can't say that.

Personally being in dance my whole life, I would never want the same instructor my whole life, especially one who "teaches" but can't actually demonstrate. Your repertoire as a dancer needs variety so you don't get stale.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast