Title-less
    vCash

Fake iPad 2s made of clay sold at Canadian stores

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...220733489.html

I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's a bit hilarious

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I've stopped using eBay because of similar scams.

A buyer can claim your item is not as advertised, mail you back a bag of rocks with the same weight, and get a "free" item. As long as he has proof of delivery, you're stuck.

vCash
    hehehehehe If/when I buy an iPad it will be from the Apple store and no where else. LOL

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I've stopped using eBay because of similar scams.

A buyer can claim your item is not as advertised, mail you back a bag of rocks with the same weight, and get a "free" item. As long as he has proof of delivery, you're stuck.
    They need to reinstitute feedback for buyers. We've been selling stuff lately, and I'm shocked at how crappily the buyers behave.

Replacing an Ipad with a clay tablet, however, does give me a good chuckle. (The bookapocalypse is coming!)
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Poor Sandhu, always the unlucky one.

vCash
    This scam is all over the news now and i could not help but chuckle because I heard it all from FSU long before it was on the local news. hehehehe The level of dishonesty in people is eye popping. I hope all stores check the boxes before customers leave the store and check them again should they be returned.
    http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The level of dishonesty in people is eye popping. I hope all stores check the boxes before customers leave the store and check them again should they be returned.
    It's not just the level of dishonesty in people. It's the level of dishonesty of the stores that they don't even bother to check the packages before they re-sell them. This sort of mercenary behaviour is why I refuse to even set foot in Future Shop or Best Buy.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    ^^ Yeah, unless the perpetrators fired out a way to reseal the shrink wrap packaging, so that it looks unopened, the package should be checked. I can see, however, if the package looks like it was never opened, they might not. I would not purchase an Apple product that had been opened, regardless of whether a previous buyer or a store person opened it. But, I agree with Buzz, I would only buy Apple Products at an Apple store.