Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Jessica is competing at the 2012 Canadian Nationals with her new partner Sebastien Wolfe this week. Bryce is also at Canadian Nationals but as a coach for some younger pairs teams.

Bryce's injury was due to a previously undiagnosed bone condition and the surgery and rehabilitation took a long time. He is unlikely to skate competitively again but seems to be enjoying coaching.
    BTW. by younger Pairs...who do we mean? Do we know of any Bryce is coaching?

Not summer :(
    vCash
    He's coaching some teams lower than Senior (Junior or Novice -- I don't know which teams he's coaching).
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    And apparently in time for a replacement skater, namely Christina Yan CO who is now listed in her exact place in the order of skate. Guess it was too late to reshuffle? Surely she has the least qualifications of all and shouldn't be skating 9th? Or am I wrong?
    My bad about the previous comment ... didn't realize Jessica withdrew from the ladies' competition.

It looks like Skate Canada has updated the ladies' order and Christina Yan is now the first skater in the first flight (link)

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    The Wikipedia entry about Bryce Davison is fully updated and contains a link to very detailed information about "osteochrondritis dissecans", the bone/joint disorder which he was discovered to have when he was being treated for his injury.

Bryce is now the Director of Skater Development for the Hamilton Skating Club.

Read it all here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryce_Davison
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    From twitter:
    skatingpj Pj Kwong 2 hours ago
    Just got word that Jess Dube withdrew from singles b/cause of tendinitis in picking foot - ouch - hope its better soon!

living every minute
    vCash
    That doesn't sound good for the Pairs either - unless they're just doing loops and Salchows.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    That doesn't sound good for the Pairs either - unless they're just doing loops and Salchows.
    But isn't a twist a required element. . . that definitely requires her to use the toepick.

living every minute
    vCash
    ^^ Very true. But the Salchow has not been Jessica's most successful jump in past years either.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Well, if you told me that team I saw back in October at SC who was so obviously new and rough around the edges, would be skating the way they did last night and tonight...I would have been wondering a few things. WOW!!

*Very* impressed by how far Jessica and Sebastien have come in such a short time. Good for them and Congratulations to them on their fantastic Canadians!!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Well, if you told me that team I saw back in October at SC who was so obviously new and rough around the edges, would be skating the way they did last night and tonight...I would have been wondering a few things. WOW!!

*Very* impressed by how far Jessica and Sebastien have come in such a short time. Good for them and Congratulations to them on their fantastic Canadians!!
    Feel free to bump up this old Dube/Wolfe thread for discussion about their success at Canadians: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79541

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12