Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Jessica Dube and Bryce Davidson

    What are they doing these days? As I haven't seem themcompete. Did the Retire after Jessica fell that day on the ice after she was slashed by Bryce's Blade?

  2. #2
    Kostner Softie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,532
    vCash
    467077
    Rep Power
    1318
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    What are they doing these days? As I haven't seem themcompete. Did the Retire after Jessica fell that day on the ice after she was slashed by Bryce's Blade?
    lol, Oh dear...

    No, they didn't retire after the cheek incident. They continued to skate, won a worlds bronze medal in 2008, and skated at the Olympics in Vancouver. Bryce got injured after the Olympics season, and a season later Jessica split with him and skated single. She then teamed up with Sebastian Wolfe this past off season, and they're skating together now. We'll see them at the Canadian Nationals in a couple of days. They're very likely going to place 4th, but they do have a chance to win the bronze medal. They're actually a really good and promising couple. Bryce is now doing some coaching is isn't likely to compete again.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    lol, Oh dear...

    No, they didn't retire after the cheek incident. They continued to skate, won a worlds bronze medal in 2008, and skated at the Olympics in Vancouver. Bryce got injured after the Olympics season, and a season later Jessica split with him and skated single. She then teamed up with Sebastian Wolfe this past off season, and they're skating together now. We'll see them at the Canadian Nationals in a couple of days. They're very likely going to place 4th, but they do have a chance to win the bronze medal. They're actually a really good and promising couple. Bryce is now doing some coaching is isn't likely to compete again.
    So does that mean we won't see Jessica and him together this year?

  4. #4
    Kostner Softie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,532
    vCash
    467077
    Rep Power
    1318
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    So does that mean we won't see Jessica and him together this year?
    If by him you mean Bryce, then yes you won't see them together.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    If by him you mean Bryce, then yes you won't see them together.
    LOL,yes Bryce. Is Jessica getting another Partner?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,400
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2696
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    She then teamed up with Sebastian Wolfe this past off season, and they're skating together now. We'll see them at the Canadian Nationals in a couple of days. .
    This guy FSWer. Sebastien Wolfe.

  7. #7
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,484
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5293
    Jessica is competing at the 2012 Canadian Nationals with her new partner Sebastien Wolfe this week. Bryce is also at Canadian Nationals but as a coach for some younger pairs teams.

    Bryce's injury was due to a previously undiagnosed bone condition and the surgery and rehabilitation took a long time. He is unlikely to skate competitively again but seems to be enjoying coaching.
    Can't skate but love to watch

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  9. #9
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16941
    Link to a Bryce Davison coaching update thread from last month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81408

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In my own alternate universe
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15
    delete
    Last edited by Lutzcy; 01-18-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: deleted
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1913
    Well it's not as if Dube and Davison were setting the pairs world on fire. They(Dube) mailed in one performance too many. Blink and you'd miss them. No comment on Dube and Wolfe.

    I do however, miss Bryce. Thanks for the update Sylvia!
    Last edited by Mayra; 01-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Bryce about his new career coaching:
    http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Fig...599/story.html

    Dube and Wolfe:
    Skate Canada 2011 SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8fHSKHlIyA
    LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8K1Q_R2qwM

    I also miss the couple Dube & Davison, but I wish to Jessica and Sebastien, the best luck for Nationals.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    97
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Also important to note that Jessica will be skating in the Senior Ladies competition at Canadian Nationals this week, in addition to Senior Pairs.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    450
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfan22 View Post
    Also important to note that Jessica will be skating in the Senior Ladies competition at Canadian Nationals this week, in addition to Senior Pairs.
    She's been removed from the Senior Ladies roster, actually.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    "Winterpeg"
    Posts
    4,794
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And apparently in time for a replacement skater, namely Christina Yan CO who is now listed in her exact place in the order of skate. Guess it was too late to reshuffle? Surely she has the least qualifications of all and shouldn't be skating 9th? Or am I wrong?

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    She's been removed from the Senior Ladies roster, actually.
    really?? I'm disappointed! I really like to watch her skating in solo. I love specially her SP program on Amelie Poulain's music.

    I guess she wants to focus completely on the pairs event.

  17. #17
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,521
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7429
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    And apparently in time for a replacement skater, namely Christina Yan CO who is now listed in her exact place in the order of skate. Guess it was too late to reshuffle? Surely she has the least qualifications of all and shouldn't be skating 9th? Or am I wrong?
    Isn't the skate order for the SP done by random draw?
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

  18. #18
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16941
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Isn't the skate order for the SP done by random draw?
    Not in Canada. See shutterbug's post about the Pairs SP draw in the 2012 Canadians forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=14

  19. #19
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,521
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7429
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Not in Canada. See shutterbug's post about the Pairs SP draw in the 2012 Canadians forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=14
    Interesting...
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Jessica is competing at the 2012 Canadian Nationals with her new partner Sebastien Wolfe this week. Bryce is also at Canadian Nationals but as a coach for some younger pairs teams.

    Bryce's injury was due to a previously undiagnosed bone condition and the surgery and rehabilitation took a long time. He is unlikely to skate competitively again but seems to be enjoying coaching.
    What happened to Bryce's bones? I'm not understanding. BTW. are there any images of Jessica and Subastan yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •