Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Chan is not so invincible I think.

Plushenko, Takahashi, Kozuka, Fernandez, Hanyu all have a shot at beating him even right now, and the last two's chances are bound to increase between now and Sochi, maybe Kozuka's too as he is still pretty young. Olympics are in Russia and we know the international judges aren't afraid to give Gatchinski huge marks when he skates well, so while he can't challenge Chan yet, I think he could come Sochi. Add to the list Brezina, who seems to have stagnated a bit this season, but has a huge 4s and 3a (and also 4t) and lots of room to grow. If he can get better programs and gain some more artistry and maturity, he could challenge Chan in a season or two as well. Song has no artistry at this point but his jumps speak for themselves and he is storming up the rankings recently, so who knows what could happen with that kid. I fear it's too late for Jeremy but he is scoring very, very well (at least from a PCS standpoint) this season so if he puts it all together, who knows.

Men's skating is at a really great point right now and I'm so excited to see what the next few years bring. I'm not really worried about international competitions becoming the Patrick Chan show because, well frankly Patrick has never been that consistent and is always a little trip-y, and there are so many great talents emerging in the meantime.
    I agree with the majority of your post.I too think Brezina has great potential.Consistency is a problems at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Everyone is missing the most important point of this article:

Chan has given an interview about a competitor in which he didn't sound like an egotistical ass.

Bravo
    True! He must have been having a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Hmmm.

Chan good day: falls once. Sometimes lands everything and skates clean.

Chan bad day: Falls three times including on simple forward stroking.

Plushenko good day: Lands everything and skates clean.

Plushenko bad day: Lands everything and skates clean.

No point having "glorious deep edges" if you can't stay upright on them. Just saying.
    Is pretty much true.The thing that drives me nuts is the fact that he can fall,slide across the ice on his butt and still win.That shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    and gloves, mullets and hip thrusts!

Van den Perren for Euros Gold

Lambiel about Plush and Arthur
    Sorry but he really needs to retire. I just don't see any improvement in him from year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I was always more of a Yagudin fan but I would like Plushy to do well
    Same here.I'm not a Plushenko fan however..I really want him to beat Chan LOL (if he goes to Worlds) Just because Chan being the golden boy and getting such highly inflated scores is just annoying and insulting to the sport.

vCash
    At the moment Chan is invincible. Through a combination of his own skills and extreme inflation of his scores he has a many mistake cushion over his closest competitors. If by some miracle anyone can beat him now, it definitely isnt Plushenko either. Would have to be one of the Japanese, or maybe Fernandez on his best day with Chan falling numerous times.

vCash
    On the same basis, a headline Plushenko will be beaten by Chan is such a moo point thing, like they discovered fire again, Plushenko was beaten by Lysacek two years ago, hello?
    Maybe the showdown should be Chan vs Lysacek or something. I dont think the 29 years old Plushenko who is past his prime is now the top limit and everyone who surpass him will have reached the Everest top. Evgeni was in such invisible position two olympiads ago. Even me as a fan I find odd to have such comparisson right now. The news is if someone beats Chan, not Plush.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Is Lambiel a person to be trusted?

http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/11338
    Excuse me, why on earth should Plushenko be the answer of Lambiel to the question wHo will be your succestor? I posted the other interview because Lambiel was in Mishin camp and work with both.

vCash
    Lysacek would be no competition for Chan right now either, in the unlikely event he even really returns which I doubt. I predicted him backing out, his rumoured return was nothing but a noisemaker, he knows he has no hope to win a big event again with Chan there so you wont see him come back to battle for 3rd or 4th at best, and better to let Americans remember him as an Olympic and World winner.

Someone like Takahashi, Fernandez, Kozuka, or Hanyu will have to step it up in a big way to do it, and the judges will have to stop inflating Chans scores as much as they currently do. Those are the only hopes for some semblance of a competition at the very top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Lysacek would be no competition for Chan right now either, in the unlikely event he even really returns which I doubt. I predicted him backing out, his rumoured return was nothing but a noisemaker, he knows he has no hope to win a big event again with Chan there so you wont see him come back to battle for 3rd or 4th at best, and better to let Americans remember him as an Olympic and World winner.

Someone like Takahashi, Fernandez, Kozuka, or Hanyu will have to step it up in a big way to do it, and the judges will have to stop inflating Chans scores as much as they currently do. Those are the only hopes for some semblance of a competition at the very top.
    :roll eyes: You speak like your opinions or thought about something are actually fact. You have absolutely no idea what was going on with Evan.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Five pages of "my skater is better then your skater".

When is recess over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Five pages of "my skater is better then your skater".

When is recess over?
    Why on earth did you come in here then after reading the thread title? Did you expect any less? I actually haven't found this thread particularly bad in that respect. Yes there's the odd uber or loon, but it's been pretty tame.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    :roll eyes: You speak like your opinions or thought about something are actually fact. You have absolutely no idea what was going on with Evan.
    I dont have to know what is going on with him. I have already seen him skate many times and he has never skated at a level close to what Chan is now, and that certainly isnt a biased opinion considering I frankly cant stand Chan. Unless he miracelously skates at a level 40% higher than he ever has as he approaches 30 on a beat up body, then it aint going to be happening. By the way if you mention Takahashi being almost the same age Takahashi has skated at a level much higher than Evan ever has as well and close to where Chan is now on occasion (eg- 2008 Four Continents, 2007 Japanese Nationals, even 2010 Worlds).

Plushenko of 2004-2006 meanwhile could compete with Chan, but those days are long past.

vCash
    Why on earth did you come in here then after reading the thread title? Did you expect any less? I actually haven't found this thread particularly bad in that respect. Yes there's the odd uber or loon, but it's been pretty tame.
    Me...??
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Me...??
    LOL, sadly you are not an uber or a loon.

vCash
    I dont have to know what is going on with him.
    Sure, why bother with facts? They might conflict with your opinions!
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    LOL, sadly you are not an uber or a loon.
    That's ok! I thought that maybe my magic glasses had put me in the loon category...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    WHat is a loon?

BTW, I dont know what is going on with Evan either, so I dont know the facts, I have only read the Mirai interview that she said he is doing great in practice, BUT i wouldnt bet my money that he would beat Chan. I wouldnt bet my money to Plushenko beating Chan either. Greece is poor now, we dont have money to lose.

vCash
    I wish you'd come on here and own up every time one of your "predictions" didn't come true as proudly as when they do. You'd find many more you get wrong than you got right

Prick Admin
    vCash
    For it to be a proper showdown I think the Plushy fans need to start a "Panties for Plushenko" project.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    ewww....what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    For it to be a proper showdown I think the Plushy fans need to start a "Panties for Plushenko" project.
    Hmm.

Why hasn't this happened yet? C'mon, he skated to Tom Jones and everything!

living every minute
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    WHat is a loon?
    Loon: someone who is insane. Derives from "luna" = the moon. People were believed to be driven insane by the light of the moon, especially if they slept under it.

Used to describe someone who is fanatically enthusiastic about someone or something.
    Last edited by Mevrouw; 01-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    Loon: someone who is insane. Derives from "luna" = the moon. People were believed to be driven insane by the light of the moon, especially if they slept under it.

Used to describe someone who is fanatically enthusiastic about someone or something.
    So that is the origin of the lunatic..

vCash
    Who cares about panties? Does Plushenko wear Chan's "special pants"? http://www.thestar.com/article/11185...r-patrick-chan

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast