Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, if she did, then she couldn't be passive-aggressive about it.

vCash
    It's fascinating to read threads about Plushenko here at FSU. It's like he's the Bill Clinton of figure skating; a polarizing figure who people either love or hate with no middle ground.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    ^

I find him to be adequate.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    And Plushenko will continue to astonish the world with more feats of adequataqaticism.

I think I will take out shares in Plushenko scar tissue futures. It seems like a booming market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    She didn't bother to read the paragraph-long announcement by the ISU granting Plushenko an exception for Euros and specifically pointing out that it didn't apply to Worlds.
    I don't think that should be taken as representative of her reporting skills in general.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I was always more of a Yagudin fan but I would like Plushy to do well
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    It's fascinating to read threads about Plushenko here at FSU. It's like he's the Bill Clinton of figure skating; a polarizing figure who people either love or hate with no middle ground.
    I don't hate him. I used to admire his skating but when he reduced his programs to windmilling, hip thrusts and quads, I lost interest.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I don't hate him. I used to admire his skating but when he reduced his programs to windmilling, hip thrusts and quads, I lost interest.
    This. After a certain point I felt he was basicaly coasting on jumps, charisma, and reputation.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The scores for Chan, Plushenko, Takahashi, Brezina, Joubert, Abbott, Gachinski, Kozuka, Fernandez and Amodio are all inflated.

(((Van Der Perren)))
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita
    Van den Perren for Euros Gold
    I'm sure that Van Der Pants will be touched to know he has a fan club of two.

Well maybe three, counting his wife Jenna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I'm quite surprised this thread hasn't turned into a new fight over who should have won the gold in Vancouver. But it's never too late.
    Maybe not about who should have won in Vancouver ... but I detect a distinct downturn to an anti-Plush vive. But, that's to be expected, no? It seems to be inevitable, don't you think? But, for a Plushy fan, it's kind of water off a duck's back. There's always something better to pay attention to .... such as going to Cdn. Nationals, which I'm doing today. Maybe I'll see a new star emerge ... you never know. I'm always hopeful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I'm sure that Van Der Pants will be touched to know he has a fan club of two.

Well maybe three, counting his wife Jenna.
    As an ex resident of Belgium, I m a proud rooter of KVDP! I think many more would be between , and if he won Euros!Like Skate America this year!
    Meanwhile I entered Motorpoint arena tickets site and the Euro banners have Jenna and Plush for now.

vCash
    I used to love and root for Plush (over Yagudin) - his folk dance program in 1999 where he was costumed all in white completely won me over, even when he mucked up the program at Worlds with Mishin screaming at the boards. I loved his Michael Jackson and Carmen in 2002 as well as his St. Petersburg and Nijinsky programs, continuing to be a fan through to 2006, when he won Olympic Gold with an emotionless and entitled performance.

Since then I've become far less of a fan. I've found that he's become extremely arrogant and the aspiring skater I used to admire has disappeared. So I was thrilled when Lysacek beat him in 2010 even though I am not fond of Lysacek and if he continues to compete, I'll be rooting for someone else to beat him.

vCash
    Meanwhile I entered Motorpoint arena tickets site and the Euro banners have Jenna and Plush for now.[/QUOTE]

Let's face it, Plushenko is a crowd drawer. Whether you like him or not, he fills an arena with spectators and that's what the people in Sheffield are hoping for.
    Go Plushy!

vCash
    Kvdp has ALWAYS enjoyed fan popularity.
    Last edited by berthesghost; 01-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    So I was thrilled when Lysacek beat him in 2010 even though I am not fond of Lysacek and if he continues to compete, I'll be rooting for someone else to beat him.
    Noooo Lysacek, quadless champion again?
    I told you, KVDP for Euros gold with 4-3-3!

Actually the only ones I wouldnt cheer for Gold is Amodio and Pfeifer.

vCash
    KVDP for Gold!!!!!!

vCash
    LOL one picture of Jenna and then two of Plushenko.

vCash
    Chan would have to fall 6 times to lose to Plushenko at this point. I say that as someone who likes Plushenko and doesnt particular like Chan. Seriously Chan is the ISU and judges golden boy now, he is doing the most difficult programs with the best skating skills, and scores very high (too high in most respects) in all areas, to the point even current top skaters who are still close to their best like Takahashi couldnt skate cleanly and beat him with falls probably. A 27 year old Plushenko skated cleanly and was scored below Lysacek who had no quad, and is inferior to Chan in every area. So how on earth would an older Plushenko after years of injuries compete against Chan. Purely a fantasy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DFJ View Post
    I was there...never a Yagudin fan but that skate was amazing!!
    Coming from a never fan, that's a wonderful compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Lambiel about Plush and Arthur
    Is Lambiel a person to be trusted?

I do not know who my successor will be. I can give you a few names of skaters that I like and I am sure will be able to achieve prestigious goals. Javier Fernandez, for example. I find him very good, elegant, engaging. Patrick Chan è un grandissimo. He has proved it and will do so again. And then ... Plushenko is back to compete with him on the ice ... and the emotions will be assured ... you will see ...
    http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/11338

vCash
    It all depends on what the meaning of "transitions" is...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast