Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    To be fair, we've only been groaning about chan's music for 3 or 4 years now, while we've had well over a decade to groan about plushy's. "nary a squeak" can be subjective I guess.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    Yet I heard nary a squeak about Chan's use of such trite, banal music.....just sayin'
    Perhaps one day Chan will face a criticism from an FSU poster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    <3 you!
    What does <3 mean? I saw it in another thread and googled it and could not find an answer.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Heart/Love.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Heart/Love.
    Thanks, Proustable. <3 you.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    Did anyone else notice the curious fact that when Plushenko announced his comeback and the tango music of his free program, there was a chorus of groans, sarcastic comments and complaints about his choice. "Hackneyed music, tango again how boring etc. Plushenko is in a rut...." I notice that Chan is skating not only to a tango but incredibly enough to Aranjuez, the very same music used by Plushenko in Vancouver! Yet I heard nary a squeak about Chan's use of such trite, banal music.....just sayin'
    Oh plenty of people on this board complained back in the summer when it was announced about Chan's choice of Aranjuez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Probably. He recently competed at French Nationals and landed a quad in the Free (possibly one in the short as well)
    His programs are disgusting though. He's doing the matrix again for the FS.
    Wow, ya "disgusting" sounds about right. Too bad that he hasn't been able to evolve. I can't believe he's brought The Matrix back...AGAIN! I'd bet real money that this will be his last year of competition. With Worlds in France, what better place to skate off into the sunset?

vCash
    I love Chan's "Aranjuez" Brian Orser used it back in 1987 when he won the gold medal at Worlds. It was composed by a blind guitarist, Rodreguez. I think it's pretty. His short program "Take 5" I can do without but Patrick skated to it wonderfully.

vCash
    I like Chan´s Aranjuez but Take 5 is perfect for him, he smiles more and I like it. Chan is a funny boy he needs funny programs. Let´s buy a new CD for Lori, ok? Does anyone know when is her birhday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    You need to get out more!

There has been loads and loads of complaints about this music choice and all Chan's music choices.
    actually I get out quite a bit. I just don't spend time reading Chan uber threads....so I guess I missed the tons of criticism of his music. APOLOGIZE
    My main point was that PARTICULAR tango

vCash
    I'm hopeful as Chan ages he'll start developing his own musical tastes and acting on them, instead of following what his coaches/choreographers/etc promote.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Chan chose Phantom because he loved it, and he also said he loved Aranjuez, which is a well-loved and well-respected classic, even if we think it's over-used for figure skating. He even used a real version, which wasn't destroyed by excessive cutting.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910