Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Plushenko vs. Chan: Get Ready for a Skating Showdown

vCash
    Is Chan the only one skater who can beat a 29-year old multiple-injured Plushenko skating rather empty programs?

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Clara Peters vs. Yu-Na Kim: Get Ready for a Skating Showdown.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    If he's on, Plush will land his jumps. If he's off, Plush will land his jumps. If Chan does his zamboni act and beats Plush with two landed quads and no falls...the Russians aren't going to shrug their shoulders and move on.

vCash
    But what shall Javier Fernandez do?

vCash
    Hmm, I thought the waiver was for Euros only. Doesn't Plushenko need more surgery and likely won't be at Worlds this year?

vCash
    That's what I understood: Euros only this year.

vCash
    OK, I'm guessing that the "showdown" is between these two because it's a Canadian paper?
    As far as the exception being given just for Euros, the article seems to say more.
    The 29-year-old Russian, the 2006 Olympic champion, had to ask the International Skating Union a favour: to allow him to compete at the European and world championships this year, because over the past two seasons, he hadn’t achieved the minimum score required in an international skating event
    Bolded text is my emphasis.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    But what shall Javier Fernandez do?
    Be free
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    I really want Fernandez to win Euros and I think if he goes clean and maybe adds 2 quads in his SP, he can definitely do it!! As far as I understood, Plush will not do Worlds this year? A clean Plushenko vs. a Chan with 1 or 2 mistakes - I think Chan would still win.

fragrance free
    vCash
    If Plush competes at Euros then he wouldn't he have a minimum score and not need an exception to compete at Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timing View Post
    If Plush competes at Euros then wouldn't he have a minimum score and not need an exception to compete at Worlds?
    Correct. However, it is unknown at this time if Plushenko definitely will compete at Worlds because...

Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Pluschenko [immediately after his FS at Russian Nationals]:
    Q: so sum it up?
    A: ... What now? Europeans to which I have to prepare, hope my health will give me no surprises. Should I remain the same shape it'll be allright

Q: Mishin said you'd go to Europeans, but not necessarily to worlds
    A: The next step is the Euros, the last surgery was half a year ago so I don't want to guess what will happen. I don't want to look so far.
    From this December 30, 2011 UPI newswire article: http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2011/.../?spt=hs&or=sn
    Plushenko, who won the Russian national championships Monday, said he will undergo surgery for a knee injury after the European championships.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I highly doubt it was ever in the plan to compete at Worlds, not this year. Euros they obviously feel confident enough he at least medal and if he doesn't win gold it´ll be because he needs surgery. I predict he won't be seen at Worlds and that we will be Javier in a few weeks
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Gahh,this article just says nothing, I think the only skater who can beat CHan from now till Sochi is Takahashi or Kozuka with better pcs and if Fernandez keeps on podiums and his pcs rise, then Fernandez. Thats about all. I would want to add Hanyu please on the list.
    Plus Plushenko wont go to Worlds this year, i dont know if he intends to but Mishin had an interview after RN and said he is no letting him go , for clear reasons I guess. Maybe he goes next year to help earn 3 places.

vCash
    Are we seriously in 2012? Is Plushenko seriously still competing? This just feels unreal.

vCash
    Is there really any contest? Plushenko may have been the best 8 years ago, but he's miles behind Chan in artistry, program content, musicality and pretty much every other department that doesn't involve jumping. And Chan's not exactly a bad jumper. Unfortunately, I doubt the judges will see it that way. If they gave Plushenko the Olympic silver in 2010 with his flailing footwork and programs that only would have been acceptable under the 6.0 system, who knows what they'll be willing to give him this time around. IMO, Chan, Dai, Kozuka and pretty much every man in the top 10 are better than Plushenko. What remains to be seen is how many the judges will let him beat.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Is Chan the only one skater who can beat a 29-year old multiple-injured Plushenko skating rather empty programs?
    His programs like are sooooooo not empty! They are actually packed with transitions that can only be seen with special 3-D glasses, the kind that only uber-fans like myself and Senorita have...

However, for a small fee and a life-long pledge of Plushyness, you too, can have a pair!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Me I dont see transitions in Plushy programs...
    But then again I dont see artistry and musicality in Chan also.

And I said my opinion.

If they gave Plushenko the Olympic silver in 2010 with his flailing footwork
    I know! Same that they gave Lysacek the gold also!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but one has to remember that Plushenko will get lots of reputation points. His scores are not going to show that his programmes are empty.

vCash
    damn, does that mean he is connected on FSU ? (and who gave him rep btw ??)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast