Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Thanks for the info. Get well soon Aliona, you will be missed at Europeans.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Savchenko/Szolkowy has withdrawn from competing at Euros
    apparently their practice in Sheffield didn't do quite well with her injury

sad, I was hoping for another V/T and S/S face off..
    hope for a quick recovery same for Kavaguti/Smirnov

looks like not that much competition here
    battle for silver and bronze - Stolbova/Klimov might even medal
    where did you know that from? is it confirmed?
    i thought thay just wanted to travel today to sheffield and make a decision there?

this would be so sad, but it´s important for aliona to get well, they have enough title. there is no need for her to risk anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Savchenko/Szolkowy has withdrawn from competing at Euros
    apparently their practice in Sheffield didn't do quite well with her injury

sad, I was hoping for another V/T and S/S face off..
    hope for a quick recovery same for Kavaguti/Smirnov

looks like not that much competition here
    battle for silver and bronze - Stolbova/Klimov might even medal
    What? Aljona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy are arriving today and they haven't even practiced yet. They also haven't withdrawn. Where do you got that from? This information just is false.

Of course, a withdrawal is very well possible as she is injured, but it hasn't happened yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    What? Aljona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy are arriving today and they haven't even practiced yet. They also haven't withdrawn. Where do you got that from? This information just is false.

Of course, a withdrawal is very well possible as she is injured, but it hasn't happened yet.
    Thank you, so I have something to hope. Of course the most important think is that Aliona get better and not to force, but ... it should be great to see them there. Still hoping ....

vCash
    They only arrive this evening/ late afternoon so there was no official practice yet. As of yet they have not withdrawn.

vCash
    THis is like a Scottish shower! I spent an hour on gmail mourning to a friend that i ll miss them at Euros and that my euros joy is half lost, I wrote it on twitter and it was not confirmed? Someone on GS wrote it also after midi, so I thought it was announced !

My selfish me hopes she is ok and that they compete.

vCash
    I really don't want Aliona to push herself too hard, but if she is indeed well enough to compete, I'm happy!

vCash
    I spent an hour on gmail mourning to a friend that i ll miss them at Euros and that my euros joy is half lost, I wrote it on twitter and it was not confirmed? Someone on GS wrote it also after midi, so I thought it was announced !
    Yup....unfortunately learned the hard way in the past, so I made sure to look for confirmation of their WD and couldn't find it...

vCash
    ^ yes now I know!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Why do you think she told you last week she didn't have a serious injury?
    Last edited by agalisgv; 01-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Oh no Very selfishly I wanted to see them skate, and was so excited about the pairs, no i wish i'd just bought ticks to the mens!
    I've got tickets from Friday onwards (although what time I'll get there after work I have no idea because I have to drive down from Scotland) but I have to admit that the part I was looking forward to the most was S&S and V&T in the gala. I hate that pairs is always the first competition, I'd rather miss the ladies!

Hope Aliona gets better soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieD View Post
    I've got tickets from Friday onwards (although what time I'll get there after work I have no idea because I have to drive down from Scotland) but I have to admit that the part I was looking forward to the most was S&S and V&T in the gala. I hate that pairs is always the first competition, I'd rather miss the ladies!

Hope Aliona gets better soon.
    definitely the one i'd miss too is the ladies, and the gala !

vCash
    She is warming up here in the practice, at least she can run!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    She is warming up here in the practice, at least she can run!
    That's great news! IFS reported earlier on that they have already withdrawn but apparently this news seems to be wrong. I hope she doesn't risk futher injury!! Waiting to hear more reports, thanks in afvance Finnice!

vCash
    According to this: https://twitter.com/#!/patinaggio they looked just fine at practice. Jumps(3T, 2A) secure. And still tried a throw axel, but only 2A

vCash
    Yes, the elements they tried were okay, but she told the press in the mixed zone that she cannot do the spins because of her injury. If she cannot do them by tomorrow for the Short Program, they have to withdraw. Coach Ingo Steuer also said that she cannot do the throw triple flip.
    He clarified that the injury happened on a throw jump (didn't want to say which one) in practice on Thursday (Jan 12).
    They'll do the second practice later today but most likely will only decide tomorrow. Aljona said she is feeling better every day but the time might be too short to be ready for the competition, also they were unable to practice much leading up to the event.

vCash
    in a german press release after the first practice steuer declares, the decision will be made a few moments before the short program;
    the problem acoording to the trio is: they would like to start, even with a not highest-level-program, but at the moment savchenko could not spin and is very unsecure.

problem: they want to skate at art on ice after the euros, because they could get a lot of money there. so if they may withdraw from europeans and skate a week later at show the isu might punish them like plushenko and they might be not able to skate competitive for a year.

it´s hard for the three, because they really need money to move on, because they have to pay steuer by themselves.

so we will see, how they handle. i expect them starting with easy jumps and jsut the lifts. maybe that should be enought to medal, let´s see

vCash
    thanks for the updates, Im sorry for the misinformation
    i just read that in another forum.

so if they will compete in SP. I think they should be fine with a watered down content and then if she feels better by the LP, they can make up for it if Aliona is comfortable with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast